Airstrike - Simulation/Game

Community Forums/Showcase/Airstrike - Simulation/Game

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#1]
Revisions:

5/31/08-
Nukes now emit radiation upon exploding

:

Here is a fun little simulation ( wouldn't call it a game since there is no objective. ) I put together quickly, you might like it, might not. It does not contain AI for the human npcs, as in, they do not try to elude the attacks.

When you run program it will ask you for blood intensity settings 1-5, I find 5 to be beyond normal unrealistic, and find 2 or 3 to be the best setting, 1 is just too little.

Option 2 being the formation, putting setting 1 will make them in regular formation ( Lined in rows ) and 2 being stacked into one person ( I did this for physics testing, which may I add is pretty bad in this program )

Features:

Weapons including-
Machine Gun
Missiles
Bombs
Carpet Bombs
Nukes
Carpet Nukes
In-game you can see which buttons to press to fire the weapons by pressing the '2' key in-game.

Screenshots:

Unrealistic Blood in-game

Shows the use of a bomb

Shows the use of a missile

[B] And Nukes of course:)

And finally, the horrific physics

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/z9ace1

As this is only a fun little project I put together pretty quick, expect bugs/etc... Any criticism welcome. Just please stay on topic:)

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#2]
Criticism is welcome, but if its negative criticism, keep it to yourselves, I know it sucks;)

Try the term, 'positive comments', instead of Criticism ;)

GfK(Posted 2008) [#3]
What's the point of asking for positive comments only?

Wouldn't you like to know what makes it suck? (You said it does, I'm not saying it does. I haven't even tried it).

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#4]
Criticism is welcome, but if its negative criticism, keep it to yourselves, I know it sucks;)
How pointless. Xylvan started the craze.

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#5]
Please stay on topic, you mis understood the post.
"How pointless. Xylvan started the craze. "
Also, it was pointless to bring an obsession with xylvan into another post.
I accept any criticism

Ked(Posted 2008) [#6]
The screenies look good. I personally think the nuke should be mushroom cloud style, though. But it looks powerful so +1. :)

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#7]
Nuke is pretty powerful, it has radiation clouds now, and helps with destroying the survivors:)

Has anyone actually tried it out yet?

earok(Posted 2008) [#8]
Controls are a little bit awkward. Makes no sense that the F-117 can fly backwards, and also it should roll instead of yaw. It has some promise though.

It reminds me a bit of a game project I started (and gave up on) back in 2006. I took a few screenshots of it earlier:

Third person view of the fighter

Dogfighting an enemy MiG

Bomb view. The aiming reticle points to the exact spot the bomb will land if you release it at that exact moment.

Bailing out. The idea was that if you got shot down you could proceed to the target either on foot or by stealing a Lada.

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#9]
Looks nice, kind of off topic but...

Yeah, controls are crazy. But, it was made very quickly and was a while back, I just found it randomly looking through some of my projects.