Tank Universal - video

Community Forums/Showcase/Tank Universal - video

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#1]
Here's a video that a Tron-sector.com member posted to the forum there recently.

It's a nice example of the varied play in the game - level 8 in this case.

http://www.vimeo.com/1066672?pg=embed&sec=1066672

M2PLAY(Posted 2008) [#2]
Very Nice!!
Great Game!!!

GfK(Posted 2008) [#3]
M2PLAY - could you stop putting that image in every post?

Put it in your signature if you must, that way I don't have to see it.

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#4]
Sweet sweeeet Adblock.

Very nice video, Madjack. :o)

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#5]
Yeah - people seem to like level8.
Possibly because it's a 'canyon' level? More abstract than the others?
People must just like digital canyons.

I'm kind of surprised Puki hasn't made a play for the media. I moleboxed it in anticipation.

ervin(Posted 2008) [#6]
Yep, level 8 is a corker.

Something about that glowing train-thing. It's absolutely gorgeous, and is probably a lot more impressive than I would expect a one-man-band to have created - I think it is indicative of the care and attention to detail that went into the game.

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#7]
Thanks ervin

By the way, Meridian4 have picked up the digital distribution rights - they're about to issue a press release shortly.

ervin(Posted 2008) [#8]
That's excellent news!!!
Fantastic!

*(Posted 2008) [#9]

M2PLAY - could you stop putting that image in every post?

Im with GFK on that one

The only thing I noticed from the vid is that you seem to have gravity in the game, surely cyberspace doesnt have gravity.

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#10]
Cyberspace surely has a representation of gravity (at least, *this* cyberspace does) to provide a familiar point of reference. :o)

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#11]
The only thing I noticed from the vid is that you seem to have gravity in the game, surely cyberspace doesnt have gravity.

It's cyber-gravity.Allows for cyber-traction and cyber-bouncing. As such I think your objection is be-cyber-the-point ;-)

ervin(Posted 2008) [#12]
Apologies for the monochrome scan - it's all I have access to at the moment.
This is the review from the latest issue of the Australian magazine PC Powerplay.
Congratulations MadJack!

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#13]
Ervin

Brilliant! I hadn't expected to see this - NZ's 3 weeks to a month behind aussie in getting PCPowerPlay, so thanks very much for the scan!

They've given it a nice write up I think. I have noticed that their GarageGames section seems to go a bit easier on games review wise (than the rest of the mag), but it's not bad. I'm chuffed that they listed 'well written' in the pros column ;-) Don't know that I'd call the game an 'RPG' though ;-)

Out of interest, what was the other indie game on the page? And what did it rate?

ervin(Posted 2008) [#14]
Yeah I thought the RPG comment was a bit odd too... maybe it refers to the way your character's importance in the game world increases as you go along?

The other game on the page is a little freeware offering called "Phun".
www.phun.at

They gave it a 7.
It's a physics sandbox type of thing.

Congrats once again!
I hope this great review leads to lots more sales.

*(Posted 2008) [#15]

It's cyber-gravity.Allows for cyber-traction and cyber-bouncing. As such I think your objection is be-cyber-the-point ;-)

Ok fair enough ;). Looks brilliant tho :)

I want to create a cyberspace thing like System Shock 1's cyberspace, sort of a Net hacking thing. Will get round to it one day.

Digital Anime(Posted 2008) [#16]
Bought the game last week and have it a go.

Graphics look very impressive and gameplay as well.

I still hope there will be a multiplayer in the future of this game.
What also would be great if all text would be spoken, the game seems a bit quiet when others speak to you.

nrasool(Posted 2008) [#17]
Congrats MadJack, you got a good score on Game Tunnel (Which isn't easy), see http://www.gametunnel.com/articles.php?id=694

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#18]
DA
Bought the game last week and have it a go.

I saw your name come up on the sales list - hope you find the game entertaining!

I still hope there will be a multiplayer in the future of this game.

Understood.

What also would be great if all text would be spoken, the game seems a bit quiet when others speak to you.

I did look at using more computer generated speech - however the results weren't really acceptable - not enough inflection or emotion during dramatic moments for example.

I'm interested to see that speech generation has had a boost in recent years. It may be possible to use one of the newer speech generators for indie products rather than, say, assembling a group of voice actors and/or hiring a studio for a day - which is expensive.

Nrasool
Congrats MadJack, you got a good score on Game Tunnel (Which isn't easy), see

Thanks - I was very happy to see the 'call in sick' rating ;-) They're also due to post a full review in the near future.

caff_(Posted 2008) [#19]
I just wanted to say well done - you've done a great job on this game, and I think it still has much potential.