Candy World Tome 2 Demo

Community Forums/Showcase/Candy World Tome 2 Demo

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#1]
Xilvan Design will release in the next few weeks in its final Shape, Candy World : The Golden Bones Tome II... In order to Entertain people a Candy World Tome II demo will be published now...

Candy World Tome II Demo 1.1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b0ckch
or
http://files.filefront.com/Candy+World+Tome+II+demo/;10449107;/fileinfo.html

Snoopy will be playable as Toopy but you must get his rubber ball in order to make the change by pressing [Y] on the keyboard or 1 and 4 simutaneously on the joystick...

Candy World is comming up with 35 levels, 2 dogs, 7 boss and more than one challenges.

We still needs a publisher !

You can:
- Explore 22 Worlds (17 Candy World Tome I and 5 Candy World Tome II)
- New bonus(Pastries, freezbies, Candy Bones and Golden Bones)
- Grab Candy Bones
- Grab Pastries
- Grab Golden Bones
- Play Freezby
- Jump
- Enter Portals to the next levels when activated
- Swim
- Surf
- Run very fast( Even for a dog )
- Dialogs with dogs and cats
- Cool new storyline
- Animal NPCs

Candy World Keyboard Controls
(SPACE) Jump
(Shift) Run
(Enter) Take Item/Throw Item
(Alt) Attack
(R) Toogle Toopy's Ball
(T) Use and throw Toopy's Ball
(L) Let fall Frizby
(P) Use Wirl
(Y) Changing Candy/Toopi
(O) Show Golden Bones list
(1) Point last bone
(2) Point last pastries
(F1) Progress menu (Load Save)
(F3) Toogle Sounds
(F4) Toogle Particles
(F12) Take Screenshot anytime except on progress menus

Candy World Joystick Controls
(2) Jump
(1) Run
(3) Take Item/Throw Item(ball, freesbies or )
(3) Attack
(6) Toogle Toopy's Ball
(3) Use and throw Toopy's Ball
(3+2) Let fall Boomrang
(4) Use Wirl
(4+1) Changing Candy/Toopi
(7) Switch Camera view
(8) Show Golden Bones list
(9) Go to save menu
(10) Switch Attack (Fire/Ice breath)

Snoopy will be playable as Toopy but you must get his rubber ball in order to make the change by pressing (Y) on the keyboard or (1) and (4) simutaneously on the joystick...

Candy World is comming up with 35 levels, 2 dogs, 7 boss and more than one challenges.

We needs a publisher !

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#2]
Please give this man his own forum, and be done with it.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#3]
Okay, I tried the demo. Here are a few thoughts. I'm a developer talking to you Xylvan, so I won't muck around and give you whimpy feedback. I'll be straight up with you.

The good stuff...

- The music is nice. It's quite calming... I'm not sure I could imagine anything that'd suit the game more.

- The soundfx aren't horrible. There were clicks and a few other small issues, but they weren't irritating. Well done on that. I quite liked Candy's squeaky jump sound.

- There's the makings of a good kids game in Candy World Tome II.

The bad stuff...

- The gameplay is horrible. Candy clips through characters, objects... and it's not at all clear what it is you're supposed to be doing. A tutorial might help here (which lists the controls and objectives), but the game is about as fun as holding down the forward arrow key on my keyboard in every application I have to see what happens. I wonder if your team knows what fun is, because right now this game is not fun. The game plays like a bad job.

- The setup screen is a mess. It looks nasty and cheap, and it took me a while to work out options could be changed with mouse clicks. You need to improve how it looks.

- Whoever is making your menu screen graphics needs to go to design school. If it's you, then you need to go to design school. Flouro green, pink, and powerpoint-like slides just look ugly. If your target market is 2 year old kids then you're doing well... but I don't think it is, and because of that no publisher will look at this game twice. Some of the 3D models look decent (for a kids game) but the menus and installer backdrop are so ugly I wanted to cry. If you like the graphics- great. But, if you're going to sell the game to other people, you need to make graphics that'll appeal to them. Right now, these graphics will not. Find out what your target market likes and develop your game to look like that... and please, get some artistic training!

- Hire someone to fix the broken english in the game. It makes you look unprofessional.

- The collision detection method against the size of the map looks ugly.

- The collision against the bones is too large.

- Candy's model stops walking every now and then after another animation (the happy spin, or whatever it is) plays. If Candy sits and then runs, the walking animation doesn't play. These are basic, basic issues to spot. You need to learn to notice them!

I could go on, but suffice to say the negatives outweigh the positives. The game could be good for kids (the idea is really good... I know a few kids that'd get right into it), but even budget kids games have Candy World Tome II beaten. They look better, sound better, and are more fun to play.

You need to learn how to evaluate your own game better. Don't release a demo until the game is of higher quality, and don't work on another game until this one is much improved. That's my advice. No publisher worth their salt will consider a game like this until it's much, much improved. Get a decent artist (or get some proper training) and learn to find the issues in your own game before talking about publishers.

johnnyfreak(Posted 2008) [#4]
why don't change from mose click to a key (s?) to speak? the mouse is useful except for speaking.

another key change, enter for fresbee...why don't use another key near left hand?

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#5]
I fully agree everything Reactor already stated, but like to add one more thing: The bloom effect is horribly overdone, giving everything a washed-out and faded appearance.

If you open some of your screenshots (like the one in your top post) in a graphics program, you'll find that you have massive portions that are completely overexposed to an absolute white, with literally zero detail or gradient left in those portions of the image.
The color histogram is off the charts... There is absolutely nothing in the bottom 40% or so the color space, everything is shifted to the bright side.

The practical effect of that is the extremely washed-out look, with little to no 'depth' -- which is bad, especially since you keep touting the 'realism' of your models and world, and the use of color space really isn't helping you there. But even if you're going for a non-realistic 'cartoonly' look it misses the boat -- it would need to be more vibrant for that.

I *strongly* suggest that you do a proper calibration of your monitor, because right now I have a hard time believing that you didn't notice that yourself....

One last thought:it sounds a bit silly to keep announcing 'final' releases of your programs when you continue to change it around and keep milking them. I'm not saying that you shouldn't continue to work on and improve things (far from it), but maybe more realistic timelines would be appropriate? No offence, but these threads look a bit like a soap opera these days....

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#6]
I'm listening to your comments and I will do some modifications... I will eventually remake the setup menu according to Reactor...

I will do such in the design that the HDR bloom can be set off or on...

Candy's models needs improvement until the release... Then I need some more positive suggestion to make the game alright...

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#7]
Candy's models needs improvement until the release... Then I need some more positive suggestion to make the game alright...

Most developers would want to make sure things are right before releasing it, not the other way around :-?

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#8]
Xylvan, what do you think could be improved with Candy World Tome II? Can you make a list and post it to this forum?

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#9]

Then I need some more positive suggestion to make the game alright..

Can I suggest that you re-read the last 1000 posts in all your showcase entries for both CandyWorld and LightOfDreams/Age of Dreams and you will find all the answers repeated over and over and over and over and ....

I'm sorry but I refuse to spend time downloading this again as nothing significant has changed.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#10]
Reactor wrote:

Xylvan, what do you think could be improved with Candy World Tome II? Can you make a list and post it to this forum?

I agree that this would be a good idea.

johnnyfreak(Posted 2008) [#11]
i agree with reactor too

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#12]
-Make the bell ring on the portal
-Toopy will attack with its ball
-Toopy will attack with a boomrang after having collected 10 freezbies...
-Add aerial ennemies
-Add 7 boss
-More golden Bones
-More challenge
-Change the menu to look more professionnal
-Improve models
-Make an option to disable or enable the bloom

I think they all there... I'm not mensionning what I've changed in CW since the last release...

johnnyfreak(Posted 2008) [#13]
i post my wish list:

- tutorial for commands and gameplay
- level task always visible (GUI or Mission Status)
- a map for each world with indications and hot places
- single input type (mouse XOR keyboard)
- slower day-night cycle
- more "life" in worlds (moving NPCs, animal (not only monsters))
- as this game will be for children you can put a big arrow on the top of the screen pointing to the nearest task (bone?)

i hope this can help improve your game.

PS what software have you used to compose musics? i'm searching some good music composer easy to use but not only for midis, better if free or open source :P

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#14]
Thanks Xylvan, that's a good start list. I also like johnnyfreak's suggestions.

Now you've posted the list, I'd like you to spend two or more days going through the game. Take notes, and write down all the problems you see. Don't worry about new ideas for now... just focus on technical ways you can improve the game. An example of this might be- the way Candy slides up against the map border looks ugly. Or, Candy clips through other characters. Search through the game and write down a long list of any issues you find. They could be complex issues, or simple ones. Don't cut the process short- take a couple of days to do it. Play the game over and over. Write down the issue, but also how you might fix it.

Next, load up the beta version of a game like Saqqarah from Codeminion. It's a highly polished game, full of professional artwork, sound and writing. It's a simple game, but one of the best made casual games around. Ask yourself the question- in what ways is this game better technically than mine? What can I learn from it? Write down your answers. If you know of another quality game, take down notes from it as well. Don't rip off the game's ideas (remember not to worry about ideas for now), but learn from the ways it is technically better... such as artwork, sound and menu design.

Once you've completed the list, please post it here. I'll also post a list after yours and we can compare. If you don't do it, myself (and I think most others on here) will leave you to go about your business without any kind of assistance. If you do take the couple of days to make some detailed notes, I'll come back and chat to you about what you find. The key thing is- you have to do it yourself. No external help... just your own research. Professional game designers (of the indie crowd) are well trained in studying their own creations. So, consider this a little training.

Hopefully I'll see a nice list from you in two days.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#15]
Candy World is getting closer to completion everyday... I will change all notice you've made.

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#16]
bloom isn't bad, its the over-welming-ness of it in this game that makes my eyes hurt, it seems like in some spots the screen might aswell be white.

Keep up the good work though! And listen to the bad feedback, cause that's what improves it, not the good feedback

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#17]
Here is the intro video of Candy World : The Golden Bones... The demo will be updated soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp8IvrFz_2c

I prefer saying that the video's quality is not evident cause its Youtube... everyone know :(

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#18]
Wrong link. That links to someone playing Super Mario World on the SNES. Did you mean this?

Blitz3dCoder(Posted 2008) [#19]
im kinda confused. I thought that this game was bout a dog, you have mario runin around.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#20]
sorry... thanks Gabriel !

Heres the intro video of Candy World : The Golden Bones Tome II:

Prepare you to a kindly dog ambiance... ;)

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#21]
After watching that latest video:

You really, REALLY need someone to fix your grammar for you. It's very obvious that English is not your native language by reading those dialogs: Bad capitalization, very poor grammar, not to mention a strange choice of words throughout.

Especially since you're supposedly aiming this game at children, you need to make sure that your spelling and grammar are impeccable.

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#22]
Music is good but not sure how it fits with the game. Why some sort of Celtic folk song? Grammar is awful : I thought you had somebody who translates for you? Too much bloom. Not sure what the Intro is supposed to show but it makes the game look dull. Shouldn't you be showing different aspects of the game to entice people?
Anyway, VERY impressed by the music. What software did you use, what is your musical background and have you thought about writing game music for indies/hobbyist for profit?

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#23]
Xlvan, you need to concentrate on gameplay.

The game will only sell, if the GAME PLAY is fun.

The worlds in your game are quite pretty to look at,
but there needs to be a point to traveling through them.

Put in more things to vary the gameplay.

Throw in lots of puzzles, and people to talk to, and make the
enemys VERY different from one another as well.(Like make some
of the enemys attack in totally different ways from some of the
other enemys. And make it so you have to beat them in different
ways too, like maybe one enemy has some sort of shield and you
have to make him lower it before you can attack him.)

And also think about what made some of your favoriote games so fun,
and take pointers from those.Or take pointers from recent, very popular
games, that are maybe along the same lines as Candy World.
Really think about what makes a game fun.

Good luck to you Xlvan,

The Informative WERDNA(Master Of Information)

Picklesworth(Posted 2008) [#24]
Seeming improved...

I think the HUD (in game status display stuff) could do with some review. First off, the pastry image still looks really odd. Text below it nearly overlaps the bone image. Hearts on the left consume an amazing ammount of space. I think they also look really ugly and distracting because having so many of those big hearts displayed is redundant (and space-wasting).

The icons are also all on the middle regions, right where my eyes naturally glide to see the scene itself. Most games tend to have stuff like a picture of your character on the corners.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2008) [#25]
tome? what's that?

*(Posted 2008) [#26]
tome is a book :)

From the piccy it looks like it has waay to much bloom effect :)

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#27]
Heres the new things been done on Candy World:
1) Toopy Can use his rubber Ball to attack ennemies...

2) Candy and Toopy meets with Mooki and must collect 10 Freesbies in a pool in order to get the boomrang !!!

3) Candy and Toopy can use the Boomrang to destroy ennemies like Freesbies

4) The Beguining animation is done and more complete that the last one

I'll post a video with these new features... I hope u will enjoy !

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#28]
Xylvan, what software did you use use to make the music?

johnnyfreak(Posted 2008) [#29]
as tonyg said, what software did you use use to make the music?

i'm also interested in this :P

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#30]
The doctor advised us:
"You have to say anytime 'Yes' to Xylvan".

To administrator: Is there any chance to throw away all these dog trash?
This joke keeps for a long period and I think that it is not good for the quality of these forums

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#31]
Anvil Studio

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#32]
This joke keeps for a long period and I think that it is not good for the quality of these forums
Seconded.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#33]
You guys make pity when u try to identify my dogs sweet dream as a trash...
Its a jewel ! I'm not seconding u cause your stubborn thinking that i'm sick and evil intentionned...

I'm here to entertain you all... And it dont work... Most of you are blatering that my game is bad and are trash and they have nothing good in hand... Just sickness...

You cant even think of what is required to build a such great game... You just master demos :P

I think that everyone should slow down their mood and play rugby or cards... Theres plenty of games like that on this forum ;P

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#34]
I have no idea what you just said there! :D

Hope you keep up the improvements though!

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#35]
Anvil Studio

Blimey, now that is VERY impressive.What accessories do you use with it?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#36]
The Keyboard the mouse or the Piano

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#37]
You cant even think of what is required to build a such great game... You just master demos :P

Some of us have more than demos, Xylvan. I'm still waiting on that second list... but as stated, if you can't be bothered, I can't be bothered.

Al Meyer(Posted 2008) [#38]
>You just master demos

One of the reasons I choose Blitz3d is the incredible collection of great games developed with it. That statment is completely unfair. One of Bill Gateīs mantras is: if you canīt make it good, make it beautiful.

Cheers

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#39]
Hi Xylvan. Your game is coming along and it's fairly okay as-is but there is always room for improvement. I think that reasonably a game about a dog finding stuff is likely to have a young audience moreso than adults and kids tend not to notice as much things like fancy lighting or advanced texturing or whatever. But the game still needs to be easy to undertand and if kids run into problems like animation stopping working or not being able to move properly etc then they are going to be frustrated quite quickly. If there are technical problems interfering with the gameplay it isn't going to be as popular as it might be.

I think also that in order to create a good game you do need to be willing to take an *honest* look at your game from an outside vantage point. You have created this game which is close to your heart and you have sentimental attachment to it due to the story about your pet dog who passed away (if I remember rightly). It's fine to make a romantic memorial to your pet friend but people playing your game might not share the same sentiment because your dog was not their pet. This can make it seem a little as though you are making the game for yourself to memorialize your lost family member. That's fine, but for a wider audience it isn't going to make sense. The romantic pedestal that you have put the dog up on isn't going to be shared by other people and that leaves them wondering `what else is there to do in this game`. They don't see it in the same way that you do.

If you are willing, you need to take an honest look at this game, not as a romantic tribute to your doggy friend, but just as a game, alongside all other games which have nothing to do with your personal story about your family pet. That's how everyone outside of you are going to look at the game. I'm sorry to say most people are not going to `get` the meaning which it holds for you personally. If you look at your game honestly and evaluate it as a game, not as your personal dream about your dog, then this honest looking will show you what you need to do to improve it for other people, so that you can make this a game FOR other people. When people are telling you that various things about your game need to be improved, it can *sound like* judgement or criticism, and it can sound like it cuts down the soft-spot that you have for your dog, but just because you might've made some mistakes or not finished polishing some parts of your game, doesn't mean you are bad or wrong, just that there is still some work to do to make it the best it can be.

It's important to listen to what people are saying and be willing to accept that they might be right, so that you can be open minded enough to accept useful help. Help and advice doesn't always sound positive and it might not always be something you want to listen to or follow but it's easy to interpret people's comments as criticism when they are trying to help. Of course some people are just being very judgemental and mean and it's up to you to discern who they are.

Take what you like from what they say, and leave the rest.

I do think your game needs to be improved in most of the areas that people have mentioned and I hope you will be honest enough with yourself to accept that this is good advice and to take it. It will help you to make a better game that appeals to more people, which would do your dog more justice than making a game that people find frustrating or dull.

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#40]
Well said ImaginaryHuman,
I absolutely agree with you.

The Agreeable WERDNA(Lord Of Affability)

Cp(Posted 2008) [#41]
ImaginaryHuman:
I agree.Right on the ball!

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#42]
I also agree. And perhaps that should be the last advice or feedback he should be given until he shows signs of listening? People have tried to be helpful, tactful, and even untactful. Nothing works. Nothing gets through to Xylvan.

I think, perhaps, it's time to call it a day. If no-one replies to all the Lights of Dreams and Candy World threads that he keeps creating then he might get the message.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#43]
I'm still creating the game and only boss and ennemy remains...

Boomrang, Ball Attack, Freezby Challenge, Toopy, Ringing bell when teleported in one week i made for one month of improvement...

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#44]
The Keyboard the mouse or the Piano

Sorry, I was a bit vague. Which version of Anvil Studio do you use and which, if any, of the Anvil Studio accessories do you have?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#45]
I used an old version to make my midi but since the beguining of the year i've done nothing with this software... For your information I use the keyboard and mouse... I drag and drop the notes on the portee...

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#46]
JustLuke (Posted 1 day ago)

I also agree. And perhaps that should be the last advice or feedback he should be given until he shows signs of listening? People have tried to be helpful, tactful, and even untactful. Nothing works. Nothing gets through to Xylvan.
What experience do you have that he should listen to you? Why should he make his game the way you want him to do it? If you want to have control over the development of a game, perhaps you should make your own game and let Xylvan make his game the way he wants? Perhaps you could post your games to show Xylvan how it should be done?

Ked(Posted 2008) [#47]
@Duffer: Clarify who you are attacking. ImaginaryHuman or JustLuke.

Why should he make his game the way you want him to do it?

I don't think anyone is forcing Xylvan to convert his game into their's. Xylvan asked for criticism, he got criticism. I still don't understand why people think that everyone is "bullying" Xylvan.

Perhaps you could post your games to show Xylvan how it should be done?

Why not just have him go through the archives? THIS even has a better storyline than Candy World or Lights of Dreams/Ages/Fields/etc.

JA2(Posted 2008) [#48]
Why not just have him go through the archives? THIS even has a better storyline than Candy World or Lights of Dreams/Ages/Fields/etc.

LOL I had forgotten about that :) Just a silly prototype for a 3d game...

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#49]
SOme critics are good some are annoying... Now that the game is near completion I can show u what i did :

-Intro Animation for Candy World... with Snoopy planting some flowers and resurecting Candy...

-Ajusted the menu to make them work properly

-Added a cut scene when entering a portal... The bell ring and the player go forward the portal and approach...

-Added Freesbies challenge in the second area(its a demo and I need people to tell me if its good or not good)

-Added Boomrang(it will eventually be the weapon used against boss and ennemies in certain stages)

-Added Ball attack

-Fixed ennemies destruction to make them not constantly disapearing and reapearing when the ennemy is killed

In the future version of Candy World :

-I will have to make better menu

-There will have birds

Candy and toopy will work as a team to pass throught the 35 worlds and bring back Candy's Collar stolen by Dr.PicPick in order to bring back peace to Candy World...

The player will have to fight against many foes including:
-The silly Goat
-The BadWolf
-The evil polar Bear
-The Gorilla
-The crazy crow
-Dr. Pic Pic
and no more

With Toopy's Ball, Fire and Ice breath, Boomrang and Freezbies, Candy will finish this quest in order to save Candy World... Forever ! Or for a time ;)

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#50]
Xylvan asked for criticism, he got criticism.
No, what he got (and gets in every thread) was put-downs for not implementing suggestions/criticisms. Just because somebody suggests a change or an improvement, does not mean Xylvan is obligated to implement them. It is Xylvan's game and in the end, it is his say what goes in to it. He should not be ridiculed for not following a suggestion.

It is amazing that Xylvan can stay dedicated to working on his two main games and their sequels, but most of those posting in his threads do not seem capable of doing the same.

Keep up the good work, Xylvan, at least you can make a game!

clownhunter(Posted 2008) [#51]
My advice to Xylvan is to show, not tell.

In all the games I see of his, it's never clear what the objective is. He tells us in the forums, but not everyone that plays his game will be getting it from the forum. He needs to show us it in the game, not tell it to us on the forums.

In addition, like most people, I believe a tutorial level is definitely necessary. With a small bit of work, I'm sure the first world could be turned into one. For example, the use of a cat approaching you when you first start the game and explaining the controls, setting you on mini-missions to destroy dummy enemies, and explain why you're supposed to collect bones, pastries and whatnot would greatly help out new players and would probably stop a vast majority of the criticisms.

Well, whatever you do, if it's deciding to fix some problems with Candy World, or just continuing on the way you are, remember to have fun making the game. It's still your game no matter what, and you can do whatever you want with it!

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#52]
No, what he got (and gets in every thread) was put-downs for not implementing suggestions/criticisms.

Not everyone has left him with what you've mentioned. I offered a fair amount of my time to see him improve many areas of his game, but he seems to have ignored that offer. That's his choice, but when he asks for feedback he should expect some irritation from those on this forum, as he doesn't seem to understand that by rejecting the offers for help and decent suggestions, each of his attempts results in him producing the same quality material- thus the cycle continues ad infinitum.

It is amazing that Xylvan can stay dedicated to working on his two main games and their sequels, but most of those posting in his threads do not seem capable of doing the same.

If Xylvan were being picked on for not finishing his game your point might have made sense. Instead, it sounds like you're trying to encourage him by putting everyone else down.

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#53]
with Snoopy planting some flowers and resurecting Candy...

Zombie dog?

By the way: You keep saying 'Snoopy' over and over -- didn't you rename him to 'Toopy' or something?

Ked(Posted 2008) [#54]

I am fine with this comment only if you count yourself in as well.

No, what he got (and gets in every thread) was put-downs for not implementing suggestions/criticisms. Just because somebody suggests a change or an improvement, does not mean Xylvan is obligated to implement them. It is Xylvan's game and in the end, it is his say what goes in to it. He should not be ridiculed for not following a suggestion.

He is trying to sell this game. We have told him that it will not be sold or published without having the STORYLINE. A game NEEDS a storyline (or at least a screen that tells you some objectives. But Candy World doesn't even do that!) We are TRYING to help. TRYING. He keeps throwing off everything we tell him. All that is set in his mind is that as long as it has a crazy bright bloom effect everything is good. We are helping him to make money like he wants to do, but he needs to listen to even do that!

PS: I apologize if you do not get my point from that. I am crazy tired and I can't get my thoughts put together very well. But I thought I might as well try. :)

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#55]
Snoopy is Toopy's real name... Toopy is fictive because of its long tail...

I only tried to make Candy and Snoopy as the best dog couple... And I keep trying...

I'm currently working on a great storyline before the end of the developement...

Baystep Productions(Posted 2008) [#56]
Xylvan...

you have spirit. Lot's.

But I don't think your ready to consider this stuff "Grand Releases" and all. It's really no wonder why your not published. I'm really not trying to sound like a jerk like some of these people come off as. I'm not gonna say its crap, terrible, or just plain bad. I'm gonna say you have GREAT story ideas. But where storyboard meets development something died.

SO! I have an offer.
-I speak English. Well. I should, I'm native to it. :)
-I am a Designer. Graphically of course. So I know my color schemes.
-I work for cheap.

I need stuff to do, so if you need the help (cough cough) then I'm welcome to join the team.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#57]

I'm writting this message for a second time cause my internet stopped working when sending the message...

I can guarenty you that my game storyline is irreprochable... Everything is on for making a great adventure a la Mario Galaxy...

I just need your email and, hop la, we will start a new storyline for Candy World...

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#58]
I can guarenty you that my game storyline is irreprochable... Everything is on for making a great adventure a la Mario Galaxy...

Xylvan, statements like these are why people often give you a hard time.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#59]
EDIT: removed - duplicate post.

Ked(Posted 2008) [#60]
I just need your email and, hop la, we will start a new storyline for Candy World...

GASP! I hope you go through with this, though, and actually make one.

Xylvan, statements like these are why people often give you a hard time.

I agree. But I'm not as offended as I was when he thought this was in the ranks of LOZ. :/

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#61]
How the heck can the game be almost done and not have a developed storyline yet? Or gameplay? Or graphics?

I'm done with these threads. I encourage everyone to do the same. Boycott is the only way to get this crap off the forums.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#62]
Theres a storyline but people hasnt got so far in the game to get on the track, theres a gameplay, so strong :P and you havent seen it... I think only idiot cant see that I have good graphics...

STORYLINES...
Candy World has a great storyline in it :
1)Candy must do simple tasks to get to is home and then dream and go to his tomb in order to resurrect as another animal.

2)Candy must find Toopy's Ball to start the adventure...

3)She must collect as many Golden Bones as she can to go to his new body... She must meet Goldy the cocker to sail the sees in search of the afterlife pearl...

4)After that she must find its collar stolen by Dr. Picpic... She must combat with 6 foes including Dr Picpic itself

5)I wont reveal the ending of Candy World...

GAMEPLAY
Candy World is a treasure of GAMEPLAY... From the beguining to the end you will have to:
-Play as Candy and Toopy in 35 worlds

-Grab Bonus(Pastries,Bones,Freesbies,Boomrang,Hearths,Elements etc...):
--100 Candy Bones per levels
--20 Pastries per levels
--Hearts from deceaced ennemies...
--Grab 10 freesbies from everywhere to a magic pool
--Grab Fire and Ice elements

-Attacks:
--Destroy baddies by turning them around...
--Destroy baddies with freesbies, Toopy's ball or Boomrang
--Fire and Ice breath

-Deplacement:
--WASD,Mouse,Joystick
--You can jump on trees, rocks
--You can swim in the water level
--Walk on water(*To not smell the wet dog)
--Enter portals to migrate to another world
--Use Wirl to go to a specific world

THE GRAPHICS
-Some nice dog and animals models done by an int. modeller
-Some nice scenery done by an int. modeller
-Nice terrains and Skybox made by me
-Nice Rocks, Trees, Flowers, Butterflies, Particles

THE MUSICS AND SOUNDS
Music made by Badr and Sounds made by me(Alex aka Xylvan)

Crap is only for idiot...

Of course I lower the blur effect to make the game not too blurry...

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#63]
I think only idiot cant see that I have good graphics...

And you wonder why there's people that don't like your posts very much?

They can all be summed as "My game is the most amazing, bestest game EVAR and you'r an idiot if you don't agree with me. Why isn't anyone buying my game?!"

This is getting ridiculous.

Good luck with your game, but don't expect any more tips from me.

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#64]
I think only idiot cant see that I have good graphics...

Mr. Moderator: He says that most of us are idiots. Do you still think that this guy deserves to remain in these forums?

GfK(Posted 2008) [#65]
Personally, I'd rather be an idiot than a sycophant.

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#66]
Personally, I'd rather be an idiot than a sycophant.

Do you believe that someone have to choose between them?
Criticism and sycophant are different things

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#67]
Interesting Xylvan.
You say the music is by Badr (even though you previously said the music was your own).

The only Badr's that a websearch brings up all create Islamic music, and yours (in the video) is obviously very, very Celtic.

So I ask you again - where did this music come from?

(Just to explain to other Blitzers - I am a music composer myself, and it tooks weeks for 2 of us to compose, record and mix the music for Stonehenge3D. It ended up being a major part of development, so natuarally I have to wonder....)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#68]
..this time his thread start going down before 100th post ..

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#69]
You need a translator Xylvan. You remarks, whether they are meant or not, are pretty offensive to people. Not saying some people aren't offensive to you, but they mean to be.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#70]
Boycott these threads. The only reason he gets so much interest is the negative posts followed by the do-gooders, who invariably don't know his track record, trying to be positive. The guy is a troll. Didn't someone say he was banned from a French forum?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#71]
yup..Loki and guys banned him..ask Filax he knows :)

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#72]
So let the boycott begin! No more posts after this one. If you really want to comment about the boycott, create a post somewhere else, but no more posts on these threads. End it here.

Let me be the first to say farewell to Xylvan.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#73]
So let the boycott begin! No more posts after this one. If you really want to comment about the boycott, create a post somewhere else, but no more posts on these threads. End it here.

???

You might not like his games, or his attitude, or him as a person, and that's fine. If you don't want to look at or post in his threads (which admittedly get 'entertaining' sometimes), that's fine also - look and post somewhere else.

Nobody here has the right to bully anyone out of participating in the forums, or encourage others to do so.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#74]
Too many people banished me anyway... And for no reasons...
I've just tried to protect me against their cruelty...
They took me for a dumb and they tried to take up my games and stole it from me. Before saying I've been wrong just take a look at what they did to me they made a parody of Age of Dreams and Lights of Dreams...

Now Sauer the boycott is aborted.... Or you will be BA NI SHED

Only the music from Candy World demo are from Badr the trailer music is from a game company who released their tunes on the net 3 years ago... The music from LOD are made by me...

Amon(Posted 2008) [#75]
Hey Xylvan! Can I make a Lights Of Dreams clone and use the lights of dreams name.

I'd like to try and make a game like this with 3impact where I can use some shadows and shaders.

The working title I want is "Lights of Dreams : Amons Wrath".

If I sell it and it is any good I will obviously give you royalties for letting me use the name.

Let me know. :)

Al Meyer(Posted 2008) [#76]
After read all that posts, I have downloaded the game. I have 3 kids here, and I put them to play. This is the results:

My daughter, 14 years old: after 30 (+/-) seconds, she quits
My daughter, 12 years old: after 90 (+/-) seconds, she quits
My nephew, 5 years old: after 5 minutes playing around, he quits

Result: Babies will love this game.

My personal impressions: looks like a very very very amateur games. Author seems dos not polish the details.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#77]
My nefew plays 30 minutes on Candy World is one of his prefered game...

Ked(Posted 2008) [#78]

It's a good thing you're not a moderator. These forums would go downhill rapidly.

Too many people banished me anyway... And for no reasons...

I have reason not to believe that.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#79]

My nefew plays 30 minutes on Candy World is one of his prefered game...

Brilliant population sample for publication testing. 99 meta score.

Baystep Productions(Posted 2008) [#80]
Xylvan. My email is in my profile.

Its ChrisPikul510@...

I can do your graphics, web-sites, coding (I'm great at making library's!), basically everything.

As far as my B3D coding goes, I can say I'm pretty good. I have library's for networking/multi-player, TGA Alpha Channel drawing, Scripting, even Astrological positioning for realistic day/night cycles. All coding is all written by me!

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#81]
Ah, it's your music on LOD, then?

I just checked the LOD trailer a second time.
It now seems to have different music since I enquired about the Celtic music.

johnnyfreak(Posted 2008) [#82]
i agree with John Blackledge

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#83]
The music for the trailer is from a Celtic game... It is royality free...

In the realtime game... We got an interesting song from Badr...

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?vid=a5fb770b-e8c4-4fd2-9e6a-a46dfc2a0284

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#84]
Ah, not Badr's, not yours, but from a Celtic game - now.

Mmm, I'd love it if commercial games said that their music was royalty free and usable by anyone.

Name of the game please?

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#85]
The music reminded me of that from Magic and Mayhem.

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#86]
The music for the trailer is from a Celtic game... It is royality free...

In the realtime game... We got an interesting song from Badr...

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?vid=a5fb770b-e8c4-4fd2-9e6a-a46dfc2a0284

I'd be interested in a link to the Celtic music as well.
What I don't understand is that the link you gave is using the same Celtic music. Where can I hear the interesting song from Badr.
When I asked what you used to make the impressive Celtic music you replied it was an old version of Anvil Studio but you din't mean the royalty free celtic music used in the trailer or the interesting song from Badr used in the realtime game. What music were you refering to that you have written using an old copy of Anvil Studio?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#87]
The trailer is celtic Planxty Lady Wrixon is not available since a long time ago but you can get it from me...
http://www.mp3.com/albums/531237/summary.html

The in-game is by Badr and are simply a dog-like song... which fits to Candy World and that everyone loved...

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#88]
Ah- Baer, not Badr.
As in Howard Baer, Celtic Musician.

Ok, Xylvan, it went like this:
1) You said it was your music, and we assumed - composed by you.
2) You said it was by Badr, and free.
3) You said it was by Baer, but we can get it from you(!).

Howard Baer is a Celtic musician who allows you to download and listen to his mp3's, as do many artists.
Nowhere does he state that you can build his music into your product, tell people it's your own, and make a profit from his music.
(Admittedly, on that webpage there is a link to other 'free' music, but nowhere in that catalogue does Howard Baer's music appear.)

My suggestion, if you really want to use his music for commercial gain, is that you contact him and ask his permission.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#89]
I just ust this music for my trailers...

I CLEARLY SAID that Badr was the maker of the IN-GAME music only... Dont be persistant...

I use it only in trailers... not in-game !!!

Ked(Posted 2008) [#90]
Sheesh. Where's Duffer at now?

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#91]
Xylvan, get your story straight.

Even in your last post you contradict yourself:
'Badr was the maker of the IN-GAME music only'
then you say:
'I use it only in trailers... not in-game'

You can't even get the name right.
You refer to the person as Badr, but the link you give as Badr is to Howard Baer's music page.
He's a Celtic composer/musician who doesn't appear to offering his work for commercial use by other people.

"Don't be persistent..."
Why shouldn't I be? I _am_ a composer. I _will_ look out for fellow composers.
Just as I would look out for fellow Blitzers if someone was claiming their work as their own.

So, would you really like to clarify this music situation, just in case I've misunderstood?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#92]
Badr make only in-games music... The music in the game are not the celtic music

Howard Baer made the celtic music for the trailer and exposed it in 2002 as royality free...

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#93]
Having done a web search, I can find many pages that publicise Howard Baer's music.
But I cannot find any web pages that offer Howard Baer's music as "royalty free".

Would you mind giving us that specific link, Xylvan, so that we can also download Howard Baer's 'royalty free' music.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#94]
Perhaps, as with Autodesk and 3ds Max, Howard Baer was so impressed with Xylvan's work that he offered him the use of his music for free? ;)

nrasool(Posted 2008) [#95]
Hi Xylvan, Just some friendly advise, you can't purchase an mp3 and then attach it to a computer game, You need to purchase a licence which gives you permission to use said music in videogames. There are a couple of sites that do this, Shockware Sound are very good, I purchased music off them.

If you purchase the cd/mp3 and just attached it to the trailer, then you can get in trouble

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2008) [#96]
Side comment, you also can't really play any files in mp3 format in your game without paying for a further Mp3 decoder license. Use OGG.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#97]
Don't worry, he has a habit of being donated free licenses. MP3 will be no different.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#98]
In 2002-2003 there was a website where Howard Baer was promoting his music... I uploaded some of these and 2 years later the site was off...

To return to the game:
-Silly Goat

She's stolen Toopy's ball and has been kikking Candy out from the hill where the ball is... You will meet her in the real game only...

-Bad Dog

He starts roaming in the Flowers Garden when you just took the boomrang... Candy or Toopy must tame that Evil bad dog...

-Frozing Polar Drear

Still not seems being a bear yet so I call him Drear... He's launching snowballs to Candy and Toopy... He must get a lesson...

-Crazy ape

He stolen Candy's Collar and Candy or Toopy must get it back... Only Candy's collar can bring back Dr. Pic Pic to reason...

-Sinister Crow

He stolen Candy's Collar and Candy or Toopy must get it back... Only masters can stamp that sinister bird...

-Dr. PicPic
Dont showed yet...
He's candy long hated Veterinary who usually kill and send pets to hell cause he hate them soo much... Candy were redempted by Snoopy and must save Candy World... Dr Pic Pic is using alien technologies to banish pets forever in nightmare... But Candy is here to fight cause she's courageous and are handing his collar which protects her against the more evil than the devil Dr. Picpic !!!

Enjoy this short introduction !

plash(Posted 2008) [#99]
woooooooooooowwwwwwww...

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#100]
I produced 5 (five) models in one day, only animations remain and I'm up to add challenge in the game by adding those ennemies...

The only problem is that the polar Bear doesnt seems good yet... I'll remodel its face before tomorow... I want it to look like a Polar "Bear" and not a Polar "Drear"...

I'm waiting for Badr music in order to finish the game... It should take a month so be ready to see more creatures such like lions, griffons and BadWolf(BadDog was an attempt to make a wolf...)

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#101]
whats with the crows rump?
really, you need to do more with your models then just make a box and hit smooth a bunch.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#102]
I'm still working on it anyway... I will make the model better tomorrow cause I need to read a tutorial for making the animation...

My models simply look better than my usual work... I need to make them look like real animals... But it still not looking perfect for some of you...

Ked(Posted 2008) [#103]
But it still not looking perfect for some of you...

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#104]

try the website that its hosted on for more info on crows.
btw why are you making a horror story for kids? dr. pic pic is the devil? he sends pets to hell? thats like the worst thing you could put in front of little johny. sure candy is the hero and is good but the story sounds incredibly dark.

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#105]
But it still not looking perfect for some of you...

My five year old just asked me "Why is there a pig with horns and a donkey tail on your computer?" when I had your 'goat' on the screen.

He also thought your 'frozing polar drear' was supposed to be a hamster.

(No, I can't model either, but at least I don't claim my attempts are perfect)

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#106]
He also thought your 'frozing polar drear' was supposed to be a hamster.

i thought it was a lamb at first.

Baystep Productions(Posted 2008) [#107]
Ummm. Xylvan.

I'm still available.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#108]
i thought it was a lamb at first.

I wasn't sure what any of them were, but I did get a sudden urge to grab the hunting rifle and block the doors of my house with chairs.

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#109]

Ummm. Xylvan.

I'm still available.

I'd be chewing this guy's hand off if I were you!

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#110]
I wasn't sure what any of them were, but I did get a sudden urge to grab the hunting rifle and block the doors of my house with chairs.

beware xylvan's attack sheep/hamster/drear :P
[/silliness]

@xylvan i'd take the guy's offer, he seems good and wants to help.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#111]
CP510

I need urgent monster animation...

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#112]
For the monsters above?

*straps on an ammo belt*

Baystep Productions(Posted 2008) [#113]
lmao

you guys are hilarious.

but I can't JUST animate for you. I mean, thats kind-of machine-specific I'd say. Whoever did the modeling should do that given that its the same program, settings, etc.

I use Milkshape, but really my specialty is coding and graphical designing. I could probably improve your texture maps. Along with coding in-game to get smoother controls and animation speeds. Cause right now you got the fastest running dog in the world.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#114]
The polar bear has been improved... He's looking more realistic and more bear-like... I can now call him Polar bear...

Here is the referal i used for the modelling

Here is the new polar bear

I will continue the animations on every boss... I hope it will work...

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#115]
Amazing...absolutely stunning *concealed smirk*

_33(Posted 2008) [#116]
Actually the legs aren't positioned at the right place. This looks more like an innocent sheep or lamb.

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#117]
... or the head, shoulders, tail or ears.

Drak(Posted 2008) [#118]
The arms of the bear are indeed coming out of the wrong place. Look at the picture you posted, then look at the modeled bear. The real polar bear's arms come out of the side, not the bottom. Now look at the side view of your modeled polar bear. It looks nothing like the picture. Can't you import the photo above into your modeling program and use it for reference? Also... bears don't have that pronounced of a tail, it's way too big.

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#119]
"In 2002-2003 there was a website where Howard Baer was promoting his music... I uploaded some of these and 2 years later the site was off..."

There is still a website where Howard Baer is promoting his music. You should know - you gave us the link.

"and 2 years later the site was off..."
And this has what to do with what? Did that mean whatever you had downloaded you now owned?

I'll stop now.

Love the animals. Makes me realise that my own time spent modelling was not wasted.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#120]
I worked all the day on the animation and rigging and all Boss should be animated soon...

There was some problem with the skin, bones and enveloppe... I found the problem and made all my boss rigging...

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2008) [#121]
AND you chose to ignore offered help?

kragoth74(Posted 2008) [#122]
Oh, so this... erm, thing is a bear ? I wonder how Xylvan would look like if he tries to model himself...

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#123]
..he dont want help..he keep himself busy, and far as i can see, this thread, regarding his posts looking like blog actually..

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2008) [#124]

I wonder how Xylvan would look like if he tries to model himself...

Did you ever play Excaliber on the PSX? the main character in that was modelled awfully!

kragoth74(Posted 2008) [#125]
Cygnus: Yeah, I liked Excalibur on PSX back then... Even if the heroin was ugly... :-/ But I think this polar thing is much worse...

_33(Posted 2008) [#126]
As a consolation, here is another model of a polar bear:
http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id_product=41943

And this happy one:
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/267296

But this one would fit the bill:
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/334242

Baystep Productions(Posted 2008) [#127]
Hahahaha. Yeah he doesn't want help. It's ok, I'm american anyways, so BOO FRANCE!

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#128]
The polar bear's front legs are way too far from the front

Al Meyer(Posted 2008) [#129]
This topic is very very funny. I like the models screens. Gave me a positive feeling about my own work.

CP510: I need a model of a "mars rover" (simple) with the wheels for use with JV-ODE. Any chance you made this for me?

GfK(Posted 2008) [#130]
A polar bear? I thought it was a sheep. :s

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#131]
Hahahaha. Yeah he doesn't want help. It's ok, I'm american anyways, so BOO FRANCE!

Whilst it may not affect the booing of France, be aware that (unless I've lost track at some stage) Xylvan is French Canadian.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#132]
>>Xylvan is French Canadian. <<

oh man..thats the switch :)

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#133]
Xylvan is French Canadian

I'm embarassed. Let Quebec split, for the sake of integrity.

Picklesworth(Posted 2008) [#134]
On the bright side, that's a pretty good looking sheep. Dogs and sheep fit together well, so I suggest you hold onto that model!

Baystep Productions(Posted 2008) [#135]
Yeah lmao. I know that, I felt like putting an edit in there but I decided not to cause french canadian isn't much better.

But as I've said I'm not really a modeller, I do 2D graphical work, and I CODE.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#136]
List of what I've done this week :

Modelled 5 of the 8 boss to defeat in Candy World
m = modelled
r = rigged
a - animated
p = programmed

mrap (1) Didine the Silly Goat
mrap (2) Wolfy the Bad Dog
mra- (3) Hubert the evil Polar Bear
mr-- (4) Kogo the crazy Ape
mra- (5) Dust the sinister Crow
---- (6) Roy the Lion
---- (7) Sphax the mask
---- (8) Dr. PicPic the twisted veterinary

this list should change throught the making of the the game

Didine and Wolfy has been done...
All available medias animals has been modelled and rigged and most of them has been animated...

-Didine actually dodge
-Didine has something to do with Toopy's Ball disparition
-Didine are a Dr.PicPic Follower
-Wolfy shout to the moon...
-Wolfy will dig to find Golden Bones after Fighting...
-Wolfy is a simple Dr.PicPic victim

In the future:
-Hubert the polar bear will shoot snowballs...
-Hubert will help Candy and TOopy finding Ice Bone...
-Hubert will destroy Candy and Toopy ennemies !!!

-Kogo will shoot coconut in the desert and

-The crow has something to do with Candy's collar disparition...

-A mask gonna be Candy's foe in Atlantis...

-A lion must be saved from Dr PicPic and will be a boss (like wolfy)

-Xylvan will make an apparition and will help Candy Toopy and MAORY Fly with JetPack

-Maory will be playable and will eventually have a special weopon(who knows maybe a lain ball)

-Dr PicPic will appear in every Candy World games... or atleast until Candy World 3 or Part IV (like Dr.Willy in a popular Nintendo game) He's after Candy's collar

-Birds and wind will be added...

-Candy World Part III will be 2D and really apealing

-Bloom is now nicier... less eye repelant !

-Menu will be clearer and nicier...

-A sprite will presents areas...

-There will be atleast 40 areas in the final version of Candy World : A dog's Memory (or Candy World : The Golden Bones Part II)

Here I spill the bean but It's vital for the game's popularity...

A new demo is coming in the next week of June 2008 game gonna be launched July 2008 and we hope to find a publisher

Comments could be greatly appreciated... They are welcome

Filax(Posted 2008) [#137]
Hell...

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#138]
Comments could be greatly appreciated... They are welcome

I think you translated that wrong, or i'm having an acid trip. waoh.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#139]
Can someone explain to me what a collar disparition is?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#140]
A collar is a stip of rubber... necklace or such around the neck of an animal...

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#141]
Yes, I realise what a collar is. What is disparition?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#142]
The fact of disapearing

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#143]
Xilvan Design will release in the next few weeks in its final Shape, Candy World : The Golden Bones Tome II

vs
List of what I've done this week (etc)

You still seem to be creating the art, story and gameplay. I realise this might be a reaction to the feedback but didn't your beta-testers (friends or whatever) pick up on any of these criticisms?
Like many people I admire your committment (although I sometimes think it's all an elaborate hoax) but you really need some sort of project control.

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#144]
Yes, I realise what a collar is. What is disparition?
The fact of disapearing

In French, perhaps -- but there is no such word in English. You probably meant "disappearance".

GfK(Posted 2008) [#145]
I'm sure I've heard the word used in english before but even if you haven't its instantly obvious to anyone more intelligent than an onion, that its the opposite of 'apparition'. There are loads of French words used in the English language that aren't officially recognised in the OED.

But anyway, this is the Blitz Showcase, not the Spelling Showcase.

Xylvan - I think your models are horrid but I guess you're doing something at least. But I'm gettin a bit tired of the increased amount of bullying going on. This thread is a pretty poor show by all involved, epsecially stooping to near-racism with ripping on him because he's French Canadian (Ref: CP510, Naughty Alien, Retimer). So what?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#146]
@GfK..
I have no idea what is near racism, but I am not an racist and i never was..but i got easy pissed off when self exposure based on pretty much nothing, goes in to cosmic dimensions such mr.Xylvan doing quiet some time (eg. Best game ever, best art ever, we are all loosers, etc..)..so, exuse me, but when i read that I have zero tolerance for such things and Im not going to change that because something who YES trying to do something and YES keep doing all same crap..thats what i think so far..proove me wrong and i will kindly apologize...

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#147]
Maory is added

Maory sounds added

Sand when the bad dog dig is ok

Maory sounds corrected and properly working

Sonic(Posted 2008) [#148]
Yeah seconded about the bullying / racist overtones... Not on at all. At least he's trying his best. I know you'll make a good game one day Xylvan, keep doing what you're doing because you have the most important quality - determination!

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#149]
I reckon that the most important quality is skill.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#150]
The most important quality is the ability to learn. If you perceive your work as perfect, you preclude any possibility of improvement.

My suggestion for you, Xylvan, is that when you're blogging about the development of your next game, it will be better received in the worklog section. When you're ready for some real feedback, stick it in a showcase.