wwwMirror | Download a complete webserver HTTP/FTP

Community Forums/Showcase/wwwMirror | Download a complete webserver HTTP/FTP

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#1]
I finally released it. wwwMirror is a tool which can download a complete webserver using HTTP or FTP:

HTTP: Downloads a html/php file and scans it for links. Downloads these links and continues scanning recursively until the whole server is downloaded
FTP: Login to an FTP server (or anonymous) and download all files

Infos & Download: http://stuff.dev-ch.de/index.php?article=stuff_wwwmirror

Please feel free to tell me your opinion and don't be disappointed if you find bugs ;) There are some...

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#2]
What would be the use for this program?

I'm not trying to be a jerk I'm genuinely curious :)

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#3]
Looks like a siteripper. In that case you should change your description, as it's not downloading a webserver. Just a website.

When scanning a website, do you stay inside the domain or do you follow external sites as well? In that case you're starting to download the internet :).

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#4]
i'm staying at one domain. but why exactly does it make a siteripper? lol... if you want to rip media, you may do it without my program as well :D
but hey, admit that the httpMirror was an idea ;)

btw: if you use it right, it certainly can download a whole webserver. my webserver hosts more than just one website. so when you download the index, it will download all other websites on the server. (does not apply for mine since i use subdomains)

Cp(Posted 2008) [#5]
If you download a server you arent supposed to thats called...
HACKING... :(

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#6]
umh. you're right, i forgott. i just added it to the release (same download link)
never mind ;)
(but it is not actually 'hacking' because i can enter ANYTHING i want in the user-agent space...

puki(Posted 2008) [#7]
Has this now been crippled or what?

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#8]
crippled?

plash(Posted 2008) [#9]
Tone down your sig. plx.

_33(Posted 2008) [#10]
That sig is much too annoying, but nice proggy there DC.

nawi(Posted 2008) [#11]
Pfft. wget -r -p does the job easier.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#12]
I don't believe it can download protected content, so it's not hacking then.

N(Posted 2008) [#13]
Pfft. wget -r -p does the job easier.

Correct.

This is also not hacking, you twits. -_-

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2008) [#14]
OMG HAXXOR! um, or not!

For me the use would be that I am an absolutely horibly unorganised person. I'd download my site and then reupload what it downloaded to "clean" out.

Since my site is actually on my I:/ drive, this wont be a waste of bandwidth hehe.

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#15]
remember that FTP upload is byte-per-byte correct if there are green ticks instead of a red X. HTTP download is not always byte-per-byte correct because PHP scripts will only return executed code and files which are not linked will not be downloaded...

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2008) [#16]
Cygnus : please be aware that this will download the content served by the webserver unless its using the ftp options. in which case you would lose dynamic information so you are still better off just downloading your site via ftp and then finding out whats being used or not and clean it manually.

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#17]
to be honest, i only made ftpMirror because i was so desperate of httpMirror's bugs and glitches... now that these are solved, i gave ftpMirror a chance and it works...