UDrop Pro and Vista

Community Forums/Showcase/UDrop Pro and Vista

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi,
I have almost finished with Unlimited Drop Pro (a general purpose level editor). I have no access to any Vista environment and I need to know if it runs with Vista without problems. Is it possible for someone to test it?
Here is the link to download. Unzip in a temporary folder. After the test you can delete it:
http://www.moraldigames.com/Products/UDropPro/UDropPro.zip

Thanks!

Mikele(Posted 2008) [#2]
Works fine under Vista Business 64-bit.
PS."Entity does not exist" when exit.

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#3]
I''ll check the "Entity does not exists" on exit.
This is Blitz3D SDK under Vista

Thanks a lot Mikele. :)

Cp(Posted 2008) [#4]
Doesnt work at all, I run it and It says the prog stopped working.
vista home premium,pentium dual-core,32-bit,gateway motherboard,dont know my graphics driver.oh yeah, its a widescreen.

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#5]
@Cp: Thanks for the feedback

SabataRH(Posted 2008) [#6]
One thing I have noticed about Vista and blitz3d/blitz sdk is - using ClearTextureFilters then invoking any form of alpha/transperency, be it in your models themselves or using the Loadtexture("skin.png",2(or4) - would cause my Vista to crash blitz3d.

Not saying your using these commands in your editor, but if so they could be your colperate!

PS: Moraldi - any plans on adding support for your awesome 3d-pathfinding routine directly in your editor? That would be sweet. :)

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#7]
@Swampdonkey:Thanks for the info. I must check the code again.

any plans on adding support...

I have this in my back side of my mind. But I hope that in 2 weeks I will be able to release UDrop Pro. Then I will show with a short tutorial an easy way of how to set all the needed info to use this algorithm :)

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#8]
works fine on vista 32 bit, but I'm getting the entity doesn't exist thing.

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#9]
Thank you chwaga. Could you please tell me when you are getting the 'entity doesn't exist'?. Just after exit or after some specific steps?

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#10]
Pops up with program encountered in error had to close program -

Windows Vista Home - NVidia Geforce 8600 - Quad Core - 2G Ram

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#11]
I updated the .exe file
The message "Entity does not exist" should already have disappeared
Added support for .X and .3DS files.
Some operations are now more speedy
Unfortunately I can't do anything in the systems above they do not run the application. Its DX7 and Vista.
But it is a little bit strange that is running on some Vista and not on others

FBEpyon(Posted 2008) [#12]
It seems to be workin okay on my system now it was a video card driver problem :(

anyways, can I ask where you go the GUI system, did you make it...?

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#13]
Thanks FBEpyon for your feedback.
The GUI is totally builded by wxWidgets library:
http://www.wxwidgets.org/
I used only a 10% of its capabilities. It is a great and free library.

rs22(Posted 2008) [#14]
I have to run it as an administrator just to get it to run. It crashes otherwise. I get the "Entity does not exist." error when I exit. I'm using Vista Home Premium.

Have you figured out how to get Blitz3D SDK keyboard commands working when using it with wxWidgets? I've been trying to for ages, and I'm having no luck. I can't seem to get MouseXSpeed() or MouseYSpeed() to work either. It's annoying. There doesn't seem to be anything on the forums about this either... just how to get the current mouse position. Sorry if I've gone completely off-topic here.

Your app looks really great. Very professional.

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#15]
Hi, Robbie I missed your post
Can you please tell me the program steps before showing this message?

PS:
I can answer to your question, just drop an e-mail!