Homing Missles

Community Forums/Showcase/Homing Missles

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hey guys just made a little demo here, its pointless at the moment , ijust think it looks cool. tell me if you have any game ideas for it 'cause im stumped thnx

to play
spacebar- add missles
mousehit to chose a box. the box picked becomes the target for the missles
arrow keys /a/z to navigate
and thats it Enjoy!

http://npsark.googlepages.com/Missles.zip

Cp(Posted 2008) [#2]
Cool missle effects. How about a first person space flying/shooter?Oh yeah, after a while I slowed down.

WMSteadman(Posted 2008) [#3]
how a bout a space whack-a-mole. you could have an asteroid or moon in the middle with lots of craters all over it - mouse movement navigates around the sphere and clicking on a space-mole launches some homing missiles at it. doesn't have to be moles - could be green aliens or something.

...just a thought...

I agree with CP though, there is something that causes terrible slowdown after a while, I haven't looked at the code or anything, but I suspect you are not freeing entities or something when the missiles are gone.

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2008) [#4]
how far into it does the slowdown happen, i havent experienced it yet...

Buggy(Posted 2008) [#5]
When you keep changing the target so a missile keeps flying around, eventually you notice it's kind of slow. It seems to only get to a certain speed, however, and not slow indefinitely. Maybe you coded something to make the initial missiles fast and then slow down a little somewhere?

Cp(Posted 2008) [#6]
after pressing space a lot, it slowed down with me too.