Tank Universal - demo updated again

Community Forums/Showcase/Tank Universal - demo updated again

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#1]
Just a quick note - have updated the new TU demo again.
The demo now includes levels 4 and 5 and a small portion of level6 - so that's two full levels plus the skirmish mode!

Give it a go from (93mb)
http://madjack.fileburst.com/TU_DEMO_INSTALL.exe

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
..downloading..

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#3]
Work ok for you NA?

By the way, just got a great review from Bytten.com. 93% Ahem

http://bytten.com/gamereview.php?id=286

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#4]
working just fine here...I like it and sound is much more better...i see that also projectile particles are far better than before...nice...and FPS mode is quite cool:)

_33(Posted 2008) [#5]
I'm glad that you decided to re-integrate a couple of levels back in the demo version.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2008) [#6]
Downloading now Madjack, I can see this making the wishlist for my birthday.....

ervin(Posted 2008) [#7]
93% !!!
Woohoo!

Well deserved!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#8]
..hey Madjack...if i purchase your game, what actually i will get...I mean, i see that this demo is significantly better looking that first version you use to sell, so, does that mean that if I buy it, i will get totally new game (no levels in first version) or what?

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#9]
hey NA

The difference between V1.21 and 1.00 is pretty massive ;-)

V1.21 includes all the levels that were in V1.00 but includes three new levels featuring a new playstyle involving capturing hardpoints. This brings the total number of levels up to about 20, which gives around 6-8 hours entertainment.

The existing levels were also reworked to make them play better and address issues players had with V1.00 (e.g. shortened some of the walking levels, added a sprint function etc, tweaked difficulty levels, extra on-screen info added, etc..).

The core gameplay was reworked to give a faster and smoother experience and extra features have been added in the form of new cutscenes, skimish mode and new purchaseable powerups such as dropturrets.

So you won't get a totally new game, but you will get a game that has been both expanded and greatly improved!

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#10]
More pimpage!

TU's due to get a half page write up in the 'Garage Gaming' section in issue 153 of PC Powerplay (Aussie gaming mag). So that'll be the issue after next - around the start of July.

As Puki would say 'this is very exciting' (at least for me;-)

ervin(Posted 2008) [#11]
Fantastic!
PC Powerplay is one of only 2 magazines that I buy.
(The other is Retro Gamer).

It's a great magazine, and they've started to increase coverage of indie games in recent months.

When the mag comes out I'll scan the review.

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#12]
ervin

It is a good mag - it's the only computer mag I buy and as you say, they're not as blind as other mags when it comes to covering the non-mainstream PC gaming scene.

It'll be odd seeing something I've created on its pages. I wonder if I can persuade them to include the demo on the disc?

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#13]
Wait a second Madjack... you're Australian?

ervin(Posted 2008) [#14]
MadJack - are you a kiwi?

I reckon PCPP would be happy to put the demo on the disc.

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#15]
Wait a second Madjack... you're Australian?

No, no. I'm a kiwi (sheep shagger?) but we get PC PowerPlay here in NZ as well.

I reckon PCPP would be happy to put the demo on the disc.

Hope so. Just sent them an email suggesting that - will see what happens.

By the way, PC PowerPlay got onto TU by catching the review on Bytten.com. One of Bytten's reviewers is also responsible for the indie section in the magazine. Could be useful to know for other indies here ;-)

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#16]
Please excuse the pimpage, but there's an interview I've done, up at IGN Modcenter about Tank Universal - if anyone's interested.

http://www.modcenter.com

ervin(Posted 2008) [#17]
Pimpage excused.
:o)

That's a great interview - very interesting, and it contains a lot of insight into the dev process.