Slide Effect Presentation Creator Released

Community Forums/Showcase/Slide Effect Presentation Creator Released

alain(Posted 2008) [#1]
I just released my first "serious" product: Slide Effect Presentation Creator.

Slide Effect is a tool to create realtime 3D multimedia presentation. It comes with a bunch of predefined effects and is very easy to use and understand.

On the more technical side, Slide Effect player is powered by Blitz3D/Sprite Candy/Particle Candy.

I would like to shout a really BIG thank you to the Blitz community for its great support. Thanks for all theses examples, tutorials and tools you have created for this neat language.

For more information, please visit http://www.slide-effect.com

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#2]
Well done!
Didn't have the time to play with it but it looks very professional at first glance, judging from menus, help etc.
The only complain:
It is not necessary such a large button in the main toolbar to prompt users to buy the program... ;)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2008) [#3]
Looks great!

John Cage(Posted 2008) [#4]
Really cool. This really dropped my eyes off!

John Cage(Posted 2008) [#5]
I got an error when tried to delete some effects (Delete selected object button->sample.sef->slide 2):

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:
at SlideEffect.tabs.main.Tab.OnRemoveObject(SEObjectDisplay o)
at SlideEffect.tabs.main.SlideDisplayCtrl.SESlideViewContainer.OnObjectDelete(SEObjectDisplay o)
at SlideEffect.tabs.main.SlideDisplayCtrl.SESlideViewContainer.deleteButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

puki(Posted 2008) [#6]
This looks most interesting.

John Cage(Posted 2008) [#7]
I also got an error when add new slide -> standard text with a movie -> selected avi -> with audio

C:\Program Files\Slide Effect Trial\tmp\633446776643032500_xxx _5.png

Stack Trace:
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
at SlideEffect.tabs.main.SlideDisplayCtrl.SEMovieDisplay.Update()
at SlideEffect.tabs.main.SlideDisplayCtrl.SEMovieDisplay.set_Filename(String value)
at SlideEffect.tabs.main.Tab.OnObjectDoubleClick(SEObjectDisplay o)
at SlideEffect.tabs.main.SlideDisplayCtrl.SESlideViewContainer.OnObjectDoubleClick(SEObjectDisplay o)
at SlideEffect.tabs.main.SlideDisplayCtrl.SESlideView.SESlideView_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

_33(Posted 2008) [#8]
Competition for Microsoft powerpoint?

MGE(Posted 2008) [#9]
I've actually been looking for a light(er) video titling system compared to the big boys, please tell me you can export to AVI,MPG,SHOCKWAVE? Any or all formats would be cherry!

alain(Posted 2008) [#10]
John: thanks John for these bug reports.

-> I reproduced the first, it will be fixed in the next release (on next thursday).

-> I'll take a look to the second bug (hope it will be fixed next thursday too).

_33: not really a competitor, I'm really targeting the niche market of weddings, shows and partys... where effects are more important than content. Powerpoint will still be better for boring business meetings and so on...

alain(Posted 2008) [#11]
JGOWare: Slide Effect imports AVI and MPG. It does not support Shockwave or any others Flash related technologies.

John Cage(Posted 2008) [#12]
>Competition for Microsoft powerpoint?

I cant' see powerpoint as a competitor either, these effects are so eye-candy and the whole GUI is really pro lookinŽ. Are you gonna do an sell some new effects packs etc also?

Really impressive product indeed.

alain(Posted 2008) [#13]
John: Thanks for your comment. Slide Effect will evolve, I will add new effects/features on each version.. no additional packs are needed.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#14]
Alain...I typed "export" not "import". ;)

alain(Posted 2008) [#15]
oups sorry :)

AVI export is on my feature todo list. I don't know when, but I will probably add it on one future version (it depends on the demand)

MGE(Posted 2008) [#16]
AVI/MPG export would be a great feature. How do you plan on users being able to show off their creations? Do you have a stand alone player that users can pack their presentations and send them to other users?

alain(Posted 2008) [#17]
I don't know details yet, but I can think about these features:

- AVI export: export to a single big video file.
- EXE export: standalone executable of the presentation.
- SCR export: standalone screensaver created from the presentation.

or maybe a standalone player too.. I'm not sure which is the best solution.

JGOware which solution do you like the most?

MGE(Posted 2008) [#18]
AVI is probably the most obvious priority since you could probably go from there to any format with other converters, etc. The ability to adjust export fps would be manditory as well.

A stand alone EXE of the created presentation would be great to send via email, etc.

Seriously, you can't have too many export features. ;) But I was thinking, not sure of the program's usefullness without any export features unless you're thinking users might use it as a dedicated kiosk, store advertising, etc. ?

alain(Posted 2008) [#19]
By the way, the stand alone player is already distributed (but not documented):

just go into slide-effect directory and type:

>se.exe PRESENTATION_NAME

Example:

>se.exe sample.sef

You can even add the -w flag to play it windowed:

>se.exe sample.sef -w

alain(Posted 2008) [#20]
I released a new version (1.0.1).

This should correct all the bugs found in the initial release.

I'm already working on the next version with new features on it.

alain(Posted 2008) [#21]
New version again: (1.1.0)

The main new features are:
* Screensavers and Standalone Executables Exportation

* Reflection Effect

JGOware: I'm working on movie and shockwave export for next version.

More info on http://www.slide-effect.com

have a nice day.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#22]
This looks like a really great product.

I'll definitely end up purchasing this sometime this summer when I need to do a slideshow project again. Powerpoint sucks...

alain(Posted 2008) [#23]
by the way, Slide Effect will be featured on BitsDuJour on the 3rd of July for almost 50% off (1 day only promotion).

more info here: http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/slide-effect/

alain(Posted 2008) [#24]
Well, it is today: Bits du Jour is offering Slide Effect at the dramatically reduced price of $26.46. The normal purchase price for Slide Effect is $49.00!

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/slide-effect/

alain(Posted 2008) [#25]
Well this is an old topic, but Slide Effect has drastically evolved since my last post here. Here follows a list of main new features. Some have been asked on this thread:

* Export to standalone Executable and Screensaver.
* Export to movie (DVD AVI format or Flash format).
* Many, many new transition effects.
* New background effects.
* GUI has evolved too.

A good tool to create introduction or cinematic sequence of your next game! ;)

It still use good old Blitz 3D with Sprite Candy, Particle Candy and Fast Extension Library.

Some new screenshots:

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#26]
Looks cool, I'm envious, I want to do something like this someday. It's great that you've made a high quality application in Blitz, too!