First 3D Thingy

Community Forums/Showcase/First 3D Thingy

Ked(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hey. I have been thinking about making a first-person puzzle game and I did this little test to get started. Let me know what you think! BTW: It's not really a puzzle. You just fall down the hole, turn around, and walk into the teleport. Oh, and spoiler warning. :P

LINKAGE: DOWNLOAD

Amon(Posted 2008) [#2]
Nice start. I would have liked proper FPS style Mouse control though but this is a good start on learning to construct a FPS.

Oh yeah, slap some textures on and it'll look better. :)

plash(Posted 2008) [#3]
Controls def need to be improved.

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#4]
Looks very smooth and nice... Was this blitzmax or blitz3d?

Ked(Posted 2008) [#5]
Nice start. I would have liked proper FPS style Mouse control though but this is a good start on learning to construct a FPS.

Oh yeah, slap some textures on and it'll look better. :)
Controls def need to be improved.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm working on getting/making a good mouselook code and changing up the controls a tad.

Looks very smooth and nice... Was this blitzmax or blitz3d?

Thanks. This was done in BlitzMax.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#6]
it didn't work here. it opend a window for about 500 millisecs() the closed.

Chalky(Posted 2008) [#7]
Am I the only one who gets redirected to an Orange "Free pay as you go SIM card" web page when I click on "LINKAGE: DOWNLOAD"?

Helios(Posted 2008) [#8]
Try reloading the page, I think the sim card thing is just an advert that comes up once a day or similar. Same thing happened to me the first time.

Chalky(Posted 2008) [#9]
Doesn't matter what I do (refresh, clear temp internet files etc) - all I get is the Orange advert. Not to worry.

Ked(Posted 2008) [#10]
Sorry, Chalky. I updated the link at top.

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2008) [#11]
you can do that with bmax? i thought bmax was 2D...

Ked(Posted 2008) [#12]
BlitzMax + MiniB3D.

plash(Posted 2008) [#13]
Which has just been updated btw!! (the standard version, still no news of the ext version yet :( )

EDIT: Could this possibly been sparked by Portal? (hence the puzzle type game)

Chalky(Posted 2008) [#14]
Nice. Agree with others about controls. Quite a lot of horizontal tearing as I turn sideways (old 6600GT mind you). Better than anything I've ever managed... :o/

Ked(Posted 2008) [#15]
EDIT: Could this possibly been sparked by Portal? (hence the puzzle type game)

Kind of. :) You won't be able to project portals onto surfaces, though.

Nice. Agree with others about controls. Quite a lot of horizontal tearing as I turn sideways (old 6600GT mind you). Better than anything I've ever managed... :o/

Thanks! Yeah, I'm working on better FPS-styled controls.

Cp(Posted 2008) [#16]
I tried it. It could be the start of the next(err...Portal-thingy?) Good job so far.