Candy World Universe

Community Forums/Showcase/Candy World Universe

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#1]
Yes I'm back
------------

After having started the subject 3 times and having held some crappy conversations about unwanted contain... I decided restarting the same subject but empty...

I will only accept gameplay or graphics suggestions... Comments must be reasonable and not harsh...

Requirem of Candy
-----------------
Candy World is a game of my Heart... A game in memory of a great dog which fulfiled 15 year of my life... Maybe someday she will play ball with me again in my court in 1992...

----------

Introduction
------------
Candy must get courageous and explore more levels (35), having more habilities she will show more polyvalency and more efficiancy than the latest free game Xilvan Design made this year... Candy must find its Golden Bones to get alive again... 35 Worlds are waiting for her... from dank Mushroom Worlds, Brisk Automn Breeze, Salty dog ocean, Anciant Atlantis City to Spiritual Mountain, by passing into Futuristic city and rural village and Cloudy land until the final in the graveyard... Where you'll uncover the fantastic secret behind its regeneration...

One night while he was asleep and had lost its ball, Snoopy dreamed of the little kitten Crystal...

She told him that some time before Snoopy's birth, a little dog named Candy passed away when she was very old and she has suffered from its sickness... She left in mourn all its masters when she died...

They adopted Snoopy and many cats in order to calm the issue of this tragic lost... -To bring her back, draw a flower circle in your dreams and she will appear as you wish...

Wanting a friend, the friendly little dog, dreamed of a ZigZag Hills... Snoopy Drew a flower circle and Candy appeared in front of him... He was happy and supplied her to shearch its hidden rubber ball...

This game is in the making and will allow the player to
-Grab bones
-Grab pastries
-Grab Hearts
-Kill Ennemies
-Grab Golden Bones
-Play Frizby and attack ennemies with them
-Explore 35 Worlds

The graphical features
-5 types of ennemy available
-Beautiful textures
-Ashadow Render
-Particle effects for Bones, Crescent, Bones and Golden bones
-High polygon graphics
-New themes:
Mushroom
Fall
Sailing
Ocean
Coral
Atlantis
Sky
Dog Cimerary

Grass

Snow

Tropical

Mushrooms

Automn

Atlantis

Futuristic city

Download
http://files.filefront.com/Candy+World+Tome+II+demo/;10352301;/fileinfo.html

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#2]
is it just me and my screen or is the beach screenie way oversaturated and bright? please tone it down.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#3]
Its the Ashadow's glow effect... Its optionnal !

Heres a trailer for Candy World : The Golden Bones... It's my voice ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlR9s3LpfKY

Have I an accent ?

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#4]
Have I an accent ?
Nah, French-Canadians don't have an accent ;c)

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#5]
Watched the vid. In all seriousness, your games are the most impressive 3D games I have seen made with Blitz. They are gorgeous to look at, levels are well designed, music really fits the "theme".

I did chuckle at your expense in the other thread when you made comments about 3dmax and for that I apologize.

I really do love your work!

plash(Posted 2008) [#6]
OMG more content. But seriously, consider turning down the bloom.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#7]
if theres one thing i don't like its overused bloom. its great if its used as a tool to enhance a scene like if you walk out of a tunnel then the bloom turns on but if the bloom is what "makes the scene" then somethings wrong.

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#8]
It's good there's getting to be more variety between the levels. Have you slowed down the day/night change as that was too fast before. Maybe have five minutes for day then five for night?

I play this with no bloom effect as I too find it very bright. Maybe it should bloom when night turns to day but then go back to normal, just like in other games when you leave a building into bright sunlight.

I think you do put a lot of time and effort into building your games, but think that maybe you might try to focus on the content of the levels rather than trying to make many more of them. 15 levels with lots of interesting content can be better than 40 levels with sparse spread out content.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#9]
I'm looking for dot3 documentation... I wanna make Dot3 possible in my games... I need your help !

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#10]
Loved the video...Music fits very well. Graphics very good, definitely for Blitz3D, also gameplay looking better. Good job:)

_33(Posted 2008) [#11]
When the dog jumps and it says a high pitched "Yippee!!!", is that your voice too? The dog's animation is much too slow for the pace it's running!!! Also in the water, yikes, he sure is fast! Also on the annoying list; the camera passes through objects.

Otherwise, it's a good comedy, spoof.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#12]
Thanks Xzider and _33...

She say also Voila, Youletoutou, Youppi chu un toutou(Youppi I'm a dog), Yea, Wii, Haaa, Hooo, Hop la

Candy is a real soundmachine... Thoses sounds come from my voice... i accelerated the wav and i've got thoses sounds !

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#13]
speaking of accellerated
is the video real time or what?
its way way way to fast for my likings

and when it grabs the sharkie thingies and spins around it does just that the legs dont move ... its like its on a potters wheel
mind you having said that ive seen other games from 'established' teams do the same when you choose 3rd person over 1st person

and again having said that my mums dog isnt that keen on reversing and given the choice she will try and turn around even pawing at the wall to do so ... its scary and funny at the same time

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#14]
DOT3 implementation in blitz3d only really works (and it's a bit of a hack) with a directional light, with any degree of speed.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#15]
Please vote the more you can for my screenshots on the info page of www.blitzbasic.com some cruel people put 2/5 instead of 4/5 or 5/5... But why ???

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#16]
Because it's what they think :o) And it's not cruel. Some people may not like the look of your game. Some people might like the look of your game.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#17]
some cruel people put 2/5 instead of 4/5 or 5/5... But why ???
LOL. The old green-eyed monster again, I'm guessing. Pay no heed to any of them.

John Cage(Posted 2008) [#18]
>Grab pastries

Yum. It makes me hungry:) Whatta kind of pastries there are available?

MGE(Posted 2008) [#19]
hmm.. in that 5th screen down, are those "male" flowers? ;) lol..

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#20]
@Mge...LOL

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#21]
Don't listen to MGE - he's talking a load of bol***s ;)

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#22]
Please vote the more you can for my screenshots on the info page of www.blitzbasic.com some cruel people put 2/5 instead of 4/5 or 5/5... But why ???

First of all: I didn't vote for your images one way or another. but since you're asking why some people gave you lower ratings, here's my thought:

The models and textures seem decent enough, however: On my computer (and others too, presumably) some of your screenshots look extremely washed out and flat.

The bloom effects greatly oversaturates part of the images, and on some computers that will look really poorly... It might be better when things are in motion during the game itself, but as a screenshot the effect translates poorly. If someone doesn't care for that washed-out bloom 'look', it means that you're more likely to get low ratings from those people.
(After all, one should use effects like that to improve the visuals of a game, not use an effect just for the sake of being able to say you're using effects)

Anyway: 5/5 would mean that it's perfect, 4/4 is good but with some room for improvement, 3/5 would be an 'average' image (not bad, not good) -- a 3 doesn't mean it's bad, just that it's nothing special.
As for the 2/5 -- someone either didn't like the image at all, or tried to tell you it needs some sizable changes.

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#23]
Looks the same as the other game, maybe you should try a bit of variation. And the dog is WAY to fast, she/shes on like 50 pounds of coffee?

looks good other then that

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#24]
For me the screenshots of the game are really nice... I will remove the bloom effects...

Bloom of not, i've always got mediocre scores... I dont know why... Maybe people hates me or they dislike my games ? I doubt very much... I think i've been flooded by some nasty personnages who does not want me to get success... Thats my point and I keep it on... Maybe the moderators could help...

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#25]
Of course votes are always subjective. a screenshot may look amazing to one person, while someone else may not like the style and give it a lower rating. People have different opinions, hence you'll see different scores.

And of course there's the Lake Wobegon effect -- Human tendency to overestimate one's achievements and capabilities in relation to others. It's hard to critically look at your own creations and give an objective rating, which means that most people tend to rate their own work higher than impartial bystanders would. Most people think they're above average.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#26]
It's just a rating anyway. I wouldn't get too hung up.

And could we please stop the:

"It's ok, everyone is just jealous of your work", comments.

They are kind of ridiculas...

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#27]
Ross C: You are just jealous of their comments =cD

t3K|Mac(Posted 2008) [#28]
i consider these threads as spam - and they should be deleted. we all now know xylvan is the best and makes the best games. so please xylvan, stop posting the same game over and over again. if you REALLY come with a new game, i will appreciate that.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#29]
as mr. t3K|Mac said..no offense but they really do look same so no wonder people wote dont put high points..

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#30]
I doubt very much... I think i've been flooded by some nasty personnages who does not want me to get success... Thats my point and I keep it on... Maybe the moderators could help...
I agree. Perhaps the mods can remove any post containing anything but the highest praise for your game. They could also weed out the joke votes for your graphics showcase.. say by removing any vote less than a 4.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#31]
I hate when you can't tell if someone's being sarcastic :o)

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#32]
its in the eye of the beholder
some static images dont do games justice
seeing it move and it works great
a snap shot and its mediocre at best

platypus' claymation is an unbeaten benchmark in some aspects
it lacks everything that a AAA game has nowadays but its gfx is just teh b3st

the black and white house demo posted somewhere near here although just black and white has captured my eye by what it could be ... keep the colours out and it could be a very interesting xmas game or something better

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#33]
WOW!,
Nice Graphics Xylvan.
I'll download as soon as I can.
Could you perhaps post a complete list of your games?
I would like to check out some of your others.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#34]
Soul of Sphere Platinum
http://files.filefront.com/Soul+of+Sphere+V10/;9243300;/fileinfo.html

Age of Dreams : Abyss of Atlantis
http://files.filefront.com/Age+of+Dreams+Final+v12/;9242393;/fileinfo.html

Lights of Dreams : The Angelical Blade
http://files.filefront.com/Lights+of+Dreams+Demo+V211/;10032354;/fileinfo.html

Candy World : The Golden Bones
http://files.filefront.com/Candy+World+Tome+II/;9869994;/fileinfo.html

Angels of Dreams : The Captive Ones
http://files.filefront.com/Angels+of+Dreams+The+Captive/;9722117;/fileinfo.html

Chroma(Posted 2008) [#35]
I agree with tk3...this is nuts guys...

a screenshot may look amazing to one person

Not me. I scored you realistically. I'm sure you can figure that one out.

SLotman(Posted 2008) [#36]
I didnt score the pictures, or even played the game - but seriously, the first picture is so brigth, it gave me a headeache!

You must tone down the bloom filter, as others have said - even if it's optional in game... you dont want the people who actually cared enough to play your game to go blind :P

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#37]
I have a great news for those who wanted me to listen to critics...

Candy World is Altmost done... I have modified:
-The Skybox is now a Sky Sphere
-The day/night cycle is now slower
-Theres a smooth day/night transition with more beautiful Lightning
-The Freezbies are now easier to grab
-The Butterflies are nicier
-The Explosion use gravity for the particles and noise pollution has been reduced
-Its now possible to change render mode includes HDR and Normal Rendering

http://files.filefront.com/Candy+World+Tome+I/;10066398;/fileinfo.html

I'm going to make a new trailer for Candy World in the folowing days...

There will Be a Candy World Tome II compilation and demo soon... Sorry for the waiting...

Here is the next amelioration to make in Candy World
-Bosses
-Ball Attack
-Boomrang Attack
-Great beguining introducing the resurection of Candy (Full of Particles)
-Small ending
-Freezbies gathering
-Freezbies mini-games
-More Golden Bones (5 per levels instead of the average 3)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#38]
>>-The Skybox is now a Sky Sphere<<

Xylvan, how this upgrade going to benefit me as a player?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#39]
I think a skybox is not the best skies ever so i Upgraded to a skySphere... Like LOD !

The game including Tome I and Tome II will be released in May/June 2008 and cost 7.50$
Tome I will be free and support 17 levels

Heres the slogan:
Candy World : A little game for a great world !

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#40]
That slogan is meaningless.

Have you thought about getting a competent native English speaker to work on the English translation with you?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#41]
I have one its Leaedas or Xzider...

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#42]
Ah, ok.

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#43]
Yes, I'm going to be helping him with his in-game text in English. I haven't worked on Candy World much with Xylvan though.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#44]
We're building LODO aka Legends of Dreams Online : Soul Gathring (temptative title, so not definitive)

Its an online Game with the LOD and ANOD mixed together... There will be chat, combat, duel, quests and typical Online based content...

For Candy World I will post another 17 levels demo with enhanced content...
-TextBox are equilibred the text is well centered
-Explosion is fixed
-Framerate limit fixed to 30
-Sounds doesnt play while mute mode
-A new camera mode making itself the 3rd one... It is the high view...

Chroma(Posted 2008) [#45]
ANOD?

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#46]
err - that would be 'Gathering' rather than 'Gathring'.

Explosion is fixed

Excellent!

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#47]
Heres the slogan:
Candy World : A little game for a great world !

That doesn';t make a whole lot of sense in English since in that context 'little' is not the opposite of 'great', which is probably what you're trying to refer to.

Also, 'little game' doesn't really fit with all your other statements which pretty much boil down to "this is the most amazing game EVAR, even better than the other one I did last week which was the best one too"

No offense.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#48]
Xylvan, who do you think will play an online version of your angel games?

How many people have bought and played the single player versions? Because you can expect less than that number of people to play the online version.

Maybe you'd be better devoting your time and energies on your single player games. Just a suggestion.

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#49]

Because you can expect less than that number of people to play the online version.

I don't know if this comment is universally true. Perhaps it is for this game (I wouldn't really know) but take a look at the FPS's for GameCube as opposed to those for XBOX or PS2. Even though "Geist" had fantastic gameplay and split-screen features, it was far less popular than the Halos because of GameCube's lack of online features.

I think more people will be inclined to play a game where they can interact with other people, regardless of the gameplay. But, on the same token, if the gameplay is really that bad the opposite could be true.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#50]
I don't think that it's fair or realistic to compare a mass-market console FPS to an indy PC game that has no marketing or funding, no professional production values, and little popularity. The only people who are likely to purchase and play an online version of Xylvan's game are people who (a) are aware of Xylvan's existing games and (b) enjoyed playing them.

Let's say that only 10 people bought the single player version of Lights of Dreams. Let's also say that out of these people, 80% of them enjoyed the game enough to be interested in playing an online version. That's only 8 potential players for the online game. An online community of 8 people who most likely won't be online at the same time as each other.

If Xylvan decided to really promote his game he might attract new potential players to the franchise. Since they're unlikely to buy an indy MMORPG sight unseen they'll probably want to evaluate it. So they download a demo, log on, and find the gameworld devoid of players - or, if they are extremely lucky, containing our aforementioned 8 existing players. Do you think that they'd be impressed by this? Or likely to buy the game? Or even continue playing the demo?

This is why I suggest that Xylvan might be better concentrating on developing his single player games.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#51]
I make the online game for the challenge... I've been working for a year on it and its altmost done...

We gonna find a publisher as soon as possible...

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#52]
Well, good luck with it.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#53]
Theres some new screenies to present u...

Heres my Candy World Worklog:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?log=1543&user=7462

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#54]
With the CW Tome II in final phase of developpement i'm up to present you Candy World : 2D... A 2D toon adventure like Mario Bros. With a new design and a kindly dog atmosphere...

Play as Candy, Snoopy or Maory to solve the perplex mazes of the evil Dr.PicPick and his silly dream matrix...

Grab bones, turds, Hearth piece and Golden Bones to solve the tricky grass, desert, snow, mushrooms, city, space and more... Find a way to stop that silly doctor and replace peace in animal land...

A game that no heart will hate... A game that all heart will love and cherrish... A game from Xilvan Design's hearth made for you and for your friends...

Images coming soon !

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#55]
I'm not sure how appealing grabbing turds is, Xylvan. Why don't you replace that with something else?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#56]
Turds are like moon crecent and its like affording the moon to save our universe from Dr. PicPick...

Candy World 2D is in organisation stage so we cant provide any screenies yet... I've never made a good 2D plateformer like the Super Mario Serie or Rayman... I will make it big... Lush.. challengeous and endless...

It will be a all age 2D game with a directX7.1 Blitz3d support(I dont know any command of Blitzplus)

Sprites of Candy are 10% done and will likely be set in a demo next month... whic will be June I think

Candy World Tome I and II will be a fantastic game... THere will have bosses which includes Badwolf, Bulldog, Crazy Ballon, Evil Polar Bear, Himp, Scarecrow and more... Maybe 10 for the whole game... Tome I will not include battle...

Picklesworth(Posted 2008) [#57]
It will be a all age 2D game
In that case, you will definitely want to replace turd with something else. For example, muffins.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#58]
i thought turds was a semi adoptive injoke about the croiciants (sp)

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#59]
Finally, due to copyright issue... Snoopy will be renamed Toopy...
The dog currently turn around like a toopy in its real life and more frequently durent his early childhood...
Heres a screenies of the new Snoopy (12864 polies)

Snoppy Candy will be remodelled and/or animated soon

Heres a new video of Candy World : The Golden Bones

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#60]
Looks more like a cat, a cat jumped out of Fallout series.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#61]
I'm not the modeller of the new dog... I think that with lowpolies and texture it will look good...