Lights of Dreams reinvented

Community Forums/Showcase/Lights of Dreams reinvented

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#1]
Xilvan Design's Lights of Dreams is the first big 3D game of the Company

The Earth is broken... After a long war the world is finally saved by an angel named Xylvaniel... Fighting in the name of god against numerous foes he were callen to save the king and the queen of Altara a city of the new Venus of 3800...

A evil traitor named Sphax betrayed the king and Xylvan and enclosed him into a Sphere...

A man were born to help angels getting back... Mytlas... He were made to save the king Xylvan from its captivity...

With an alien technology, Venus has been revitalised, colonisated and has floweriched in a thousand year... Water were created to cool the surface and air were synthetised to make life possible...

Three planets are living in our solar system: Venus, Marsh and... the less living the Earth... Technologies were able to build Angels or Daemons, gods or beast... Human were more gentle creatures then they populated numerous cities in all the galaxies...
------

Actuality

The game has now a great new look more futuristic and esthetic... Better Trees, Bridges, Teleporters, Columns and more... The next step will be to finish the online game in order to achieve the most hyped Xilvan Design title...

Heres a link to the latest demo of this game :
http://files.filefront.com/Lights+of+Dreams+Demo+V217/;10234496;/fileinfo.html

Amon(Posted 2008) [#2]
Ahh! The screen resolution is different in this new one. :)

N(Posted 2008) [#3]
I don't think your game quite compares to Zelda or Final Fantasy. Maybe it lives up to the worst PS2 games, but you obviously don't want to say that.

Oh, and so people don't start saying he's a kid again, I'll quote him:
Sorry, but I'm a 26 years old programmer/modeller/animator of Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Mother Earth...

JaviCervera(Posted 2008) [#4]
Just downloaded the demo. Seems to have a lot of work behind, but I have to say that the overall impression is that it looks really unpolished. For example, the character model seems to slide all over the ground, because the walk animation is not matched with the speed at which the player moves. Also, you should have used a bitmap-based font library. The use of standard TTF fonts does not look good.

I like the audio, the singing in the loading screen is good, and the music is OK too... did you make them?

It's obvious that you have put a lot of love making it, but for the sake of modesty, the comparison with Zelda and Final Fantasy sounds even offensive ;)

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#5]
Same issues as all the other versions.

AltanilConard(Posted 2008) [#6]
What do you mean by 'taking the awsome graphics from the PS2'? If you mean your game matches the quality of an avarage PS2 game, and can compare to Zelda and Final Fantasy, it would be arrogant and untrue.
You're graphics look good for an avarage blitz game though, but it's not the graphics but the gameplay of your game you should be worrying about...
And please leave out the online feature untill you fixed your core mistakes , it would be such a waste of effort.

plash(Posted 2008) [#7]
Really? do we have to do this AGAIN?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#8]
I really know my game and those modification augment the overall quality... The color of the grass has been modified... More option for grass and HDR effects(Water and glow)

I've made altmost all sounds in the game and all the music...

For Zelda and Final Fantasy... I removed it it was for a Final fantasy Website...

The online version works pretty well... But I cant make my PC act as a server... I need help for finding a way to cast a server with a D-Link Router... Only the duels, combat and quests remain to perform... The overall game looks good for me and thats enought...

caff_(Posted 2008) [#9]
It's amazing.

Fuller(Posted 2008) [#10]
Stop fixing the graphics!!!

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#11]
Oh, and so people don't start saying he's a kid again, I'll quote him:

I see people criticising Xylvan and making fun of him because he "lies about being published by Atari" and then quoting his word as cast iron proof of anything and I can't decide whether to laugh or cry.

Really? do we have to do this AGAIN?

I believe reading threads is still optional. As is replying. It's odd that you're still doing both being that you find it so tiresome.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#12]
Atari looked at my game and they never talked to me for publishing it for real... They put so much effort into their "The Witcher"... Thats a shame !

I think you guys are loosing time while trying to destroy my good mood... I made that game only for fun and I should not having problem with odd people who see my work as a piece of Crap...

Yeh my work is not perfect, but it comes form my heart... This game is like a symphonic dream in my heart and looks pretty cool... So dont blast me if u dont want being ignored... This is my thread and you should respect it...

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#13]
Looks good, like the new models.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#14]
I'll try to synchronise the walk animation to the deplacement... But I dont know how... I'll do my best !

Theres 6 display mode in my game's setup menu:
Windowed
640X480
800X600
1024X768
Fullscreen
640X480
800X600
1024X768

U can both select Hdr or Normal rendering and switch grass diffusion...

I'm up to start a new trailer...

MGE(Posted 2008) [#15]
"This is my thread and you should respect it... "

I 100% agree.

markcw(Posted 2008) [#16]
Well I have to say you're persistant Xylvan, despite the criticism. I was just looking at a game there called Might and Magic Tribute and the guy/s building that have been plugging away for years and years and it's still alive and getting better. I guess the same can be said for Light of Dreams, fixing the walk with the movement speed as Jedive says, should be done, it probably means tweaking the animation frame speeds of the model to match the walk speed.

stayne(Posted 2008) [#17]
Respect.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#18]
I dont know how

I dont know how to make a server with my PC in Blitz3D... I'm asking you all to help me configure my PC to make it accept data input/output

markcw(Posted 2008) [#19]
What type of networking are you using: TCP, UDP or DirectPlay?

I would say DirectPlay is the easiest to code, but not the fastest, I think UDP is but is also the hardest. I'm not a network guru though.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#20]
TCP

I can easyly make a session on 127.0.0.0 but when i use my IP it doesnt work... I have a D-Link Router and wireless D-Link in my room...

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#21]
Tip: You would be better served by making a new thread for your networking question.

Well that's the normal thinking anyway. I can't see any thread getting more hits than this one anytime soon...

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2008) [#22]
People! People! Xylvan's not done anything to deserve your ridicule in this thread. He appears to be admitting he can/cant/doesn't care to do things because it is HIS game.

Therefore, let this one be? :-)

Rob Farley(Posted 2008) [#23]
I'm getting really tired of moderating these threads.

Can we try not get our knickers in a twist about this and reduce ourselves to posting YouTube style comments.

Thanks!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#24]
@ Rob LOL :)

Jasu(Posted 2008) [#25]
@Xylvan
If localhost IP works but not real IP, it's probably due to firewall settings. Localhost (by the way it's 127.0.0.1) is by default a safe zone on firewalls and everything else is not. The hardware is not the issue, but settings (probably router settings). Can you answer these questions:
-Do you use NAT?
-Do you have DHCP enabled?
-Are you trying to run a LAN server or over Internet? Do you even have LAN?

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#26]
I would genuinely like to help you out with programming and gameplay issues you have, if you want to that is. You seem to have the art part pretty much nailed as far as i can see, but your gameplay is still a little ropey.

Email me if you want some help, i've only got a little laser cannon game on at the moment and i'm struggling with media, so i'd be willing to help you out. (I don't do network programming though ^_^)

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#27]
Looks pretty neat! It's definitely getting better. Atmospheric. Keep going. Improve gameplay and handling as per suggestions, and this will be good.

Loktar(Posted 2008) [#28]
Xilvan what port are you using for your game? Make sure that port is forwarded to the appropriate IP on your router.

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#29]
I will say again, I love the models and artwork.

Picklesworth(Posted 2008) [#30]
Environments look much richer now. Nice work, Xylvan, that's one of my crits nailed :)
Characters seem a tad sparse, as has been mentioned.

I love the hazy effect you have for trees. It looks great at a distance.
Up close, however, (eg: Standing right in front of the tree!) they do not seem fully realized. If you feel up to it, maybe have the crown of the trees become more solid as they get closer?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#31]
I use the port 7000...

For some reason I cant configure my Ports on my router... Maybe theres a way I can use for making it possible !

Tachyon(Posted 2008) [#32]
One of these days this kid is going to get a publishing deal to get these games boxed up on the shelf at Wal-Mart and he'll sell a million copies. Just you wait and see.

Keep it up, Xylvan.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#33]
He's not a kid. 26 ain't a kid. Your making me feel realllllly young ;o)

Ricky Smith(Posted 2008) [#34]
Your game certainly has great graphical style and is very pleasing to the eye. Its obvious how much skill, talent and hard work you've put into this. I would agree with Ross C - concentrate on the gameplay - there's certainly a niche for a beautiful looking game like this if you can produce the gameplay to match the admirable graphics.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#35]
I will listen to people and i will make the greatest gameplay ever... I wonder if I could make better than Zelda or Final Fantasy... I think its impossible to get a LOD like Zelda 64... nor Zelda on NES...

But in lasting life of the game may overpass Zelda Twilight Princess... 50 worlds, 20 characters, 50 items/spheres/elements is not a cup of tea... I may fuse the game to Angels of Dreams and get a whoping 75 worlds and touching story of Soul of Sphere...

The graphic may be admirable but i find it done... but theres certainly a place in the game which deserve to be enhanced... Lets begin !

ervin(Posted 2008) [#36]
Xylvan - it's fantastic that you are listening to criticism and comments now.

We just want to help you create the brilliant game you have in your mind.
You're off to an excellent start, and your game shows real potential - but please do listen to comments and criticism, and take good ideas in and use them.
Don't worry about negative comments - you'll never please everyone all of the time. Try to take something useful from negative comments, but don't take them to heart.

There's no reason why you can't try to make something as good as (or better than) the zelda games. The most important thing to remember is that gameplay is king.
Your graphics are really rather beautiful - some improvements to the animation would make a huge difference, but the actual style and art direction is lovely. I wish I could create something that looked as nice.
But gameplay is what will make people take a second look at your game.

I'm sure that we all enjoy seeing people in this little community achieving success with blitz.

I would love to see your game become a success. Your persistence is admirable.
Keep at it and best of luck!

johnnyfreak(Posted 2008) [#37]
i 've just played the "new" LOD.

Good! it's improved!

it still has bugs and gameplay problems but it's getting better.

IMHO it's difficult to understand what to do.
Add also some effect on levelup.
Slow down the spawn time, it's too fast.

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#38]
I'm going to invest some real time this weekend to play this demo. Then I'll be able to give some constructive comments on it.

nrasool(Posted 2008) [#39]
I just had a quick go, looks good so far, but I think for a beginner in this game, a small tutorial or helpful being could point out where you suppose to be going in the game. This way you are helping out the player :)

Nice music by the way, also I found that the night and day change quite quickly, you may want to change this

Hope this helps, and keep on working on it :)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#40]
..encouraged by some of your comments guys, I try again (forth time I think) demo of this game..no offense, but its looking pretty much same to me as previous versions...good luck with it anyway...

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#41]
Well, i'm still willing to help out if need be.

stayne(Posted 2008) [#42]
I love how opinions here tend to sway around from one extreme to the other. I think it's mostly due to the nature of everyone being here for so long. At times I feel there's a bit of a singularity going on here :).

It really is neat to watch! It's one of the reasons I love these forums :).

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#43]
I think it's because he's starting to listen. Plus i'd rather help someone than keep saying their game is poor, which i think this one is.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#44]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vphdkV8IOfE

Its the latest trailer of LOD... A new one is comming ! Stay tuned ;)

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#45]
I think the enviorment looks good, nice bloom/water/trees, but whats poor in my mind from watching the trailer is the lack of player animations.

It doesnt seem like he'd take off like that with little wing movement (infact i didnt see any?) and it he flies in a vertical position, with again little wing movement.

Then, he only has a walking animation, not enough movement while walking(arms, hip movement ect), and the speed of which he moves is far off from the speed of the animation.

other then that, it looks great, keep on going!

ashmantle(Posted 2008) [#46]
Good job!

Nice to see the progression you've made throughout all your games. Your persistance is a inspiration to me, and don't let anyone put you down for the work you do.

About making your game play more like Final Fantasy and Zelda, the only advice I could give is to sit down and play those games and write down the stuff you like. Write down how the character control is handled and why you like it, write down how the gui is working and why you like it.
When you study what you like long enough, you discover the inner workings of a program and it makes it easier to copy.

Above all, keep up your spirit ;)

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#47]
Thanks... I'm making a new trailer for Lights of Dreams with the new "design"... It will be ready tonight or tomorrow !

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#48]
So, you needing any help?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#49]
Yea of course... I only use directionnal light. I'd like to remake all objects with dot3 to enhance the look of the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsE1wlyZKak

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#50]
Hey, now that I have access to Windows I downloaded your game demo Xylvan and played with it a bit. It's kind of cool, although I had a few problems. After I'd been in some water and swam around it seemed like the animation froze and then when I was on land again there was no animation of the main character at all. A bug?

Also the movement, it is very fast, and I agree with others that the animation speed doesn't match how fast he moves, and because he moves fast all the time it's hard to be accurate when you only want to move a short distance, like trying to walk up to someone. Maybe you could implement some form of acceleration so that initially he starts out walking slowly and then runs?

Also when jumping multiple times and starting to `fly`, the vertical movement up and down as you jump each time seems a little extreme, that it's hard to tell where he is located relative to the ground. Maybe switch him into a `flying` animation when you've pressed the jump key a few times and then have him flap his wings or something each time you press jump after that?

The game world seems a little bit empty, for a game, like the rooms don't really have much in them, but I know you probably dont have much time to do a lot of modelling. I think your game is a good effort, some room for improvements but keep up the good work.

dreadcog(Posted 2008) [#51]
Awesome as always Xylvan!

Did you guys ever ask yourselves why he rejected your criticism? Fear and ridicule prevent all people from asking for help. Might want to think about it before rushing to judgement next time.

Better to inspire and nurture creativity instead of smashing it into a vase and leaving it in a dark room like society teaches.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#52]
If you'd read back to the very first of these threads, you'll see criticism was handed out by the bucketloads. Alot of it constructive. Both sides are too blame here.

So, best get yer brush and clean up that vase you just smashed. Someone could get hurt!

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#53]
Did you guys ever ask yourselves why he rejected your criticism? Fear and ridicule prevent all people from asking for help. Might want to think about it before rushing to judgement next time.
You misunderstand. He's not bothered in the slightest by the criticism, and he never listened to it, no matter how constructive it was. Also, pretending that a major publisher is interested in your game or that you have special permission to use a pirated copy of 3D Studio Max doesn't tend to make you popular.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#54]
Some critics are destroying the good sense of the game.
Its not a pirated copy. I payed for it !!! And one of the people working for LOD HAVE 3DStudio Max... So theres no way to worry about.

_33(Posted 2008) [#55]
You can't just switch day to night to day every 2 minutes without it being weird, at least if it said "it is now night" or something. The source of your light normally should gradually fade from day to night or night to day like it works in real life, and move as if it's around something... What is the purpose of havign a day/night cycle if it is just ot have a look. It isn't useful to the game otherwise! Personally, I would have levels in daylight and other levels in night mode. That way it feels more like a different level, and it doesn't look ridicule like it does when switching day/night.

That is my advice, take or leave...........

Are there only "ghosts" as ennemies fighting you out in this game?

EDIT: Ooops I saw the "eye" plant thingy. Well, the "ghosts" I foudn weird that they show up in daytime, but nyway, that is just me.

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#56]
Some critics are destroying the good sense of the game.
Its not a pirated copy. I payed for it !!! And one of the people working for LOD HAVE 3DStudio Max... So theres no way to worry about.

Ooops. I think that's the shopping trolley which derails this thread train.

dreadcog(Posted 2008) [#57]
@John Galt

Well you may want to say good for you instead of slamming him for it every chance you get. Words of incouragment are easier to say when you don't have the shadow of anger behind them. The other part is tricky because most of the world uses pirated software. Including government, leading architecture firms, technological design institutes, and animation studios. You would think with all that money they would spring for copies of software but I'm afraid that's not the case. The rich don't get that way by being honest. I remember back when Autodesk was giving out free copies of Studio Max in my friends game magazine. He gave me a copy and now you can find that version 1.1 or whatever for free all over the net. Does that make me more or less of a pirate? When you think about it as a whole it doesn't matter. People will do what they want and no amount of morality policing will stop them.

Just take it easy man when all is said and done its just a forum.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#58]
How do false words of encouragement help anyone to improve? Honest criticism is far more useful.

People need to be less precious about their work. If they become depressed, suicidal, or enraged about the feedback they receive then they need to mature their outlook and approach to creating games. Look, if a chef served you a turd in a restaurant, would you say "That was delicious!"? No, because then the chef would think that serving up turds was a good idea. He wouldn't know how to better serve his customers; he wouldn't know how to improve his stinky treats or even that they needed to be improved at all.

I understand your points regarding piracy, but just because you use pirated software doesn't mean that you should shout it from the rooftops - or attempt to lie your way out of it when someone says "Hang on a minute...". If I used pirated software, I certainly wouldn't talk about it here.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#59]
Ogre-

I'm not angry. Anyone who cared could look back and see the positive encouragement I and many others gave to Xylvan.

Pirated software - yeah loads of people do it and I couldn't give a hoot, but his story was so outrageously unbelievable, I couldn't resist calling it. How many people on the team now, Xylvan?

Just take it easy man when all is said and done its just a forum.
Believe me, I do bro.

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#60]
Xylvan, ignore the green-eyed monsted that keeps appearing in your threads.

@John Galt

I would be willing to bet that 90% of the people using 3D Studio Max with B3D are using an illegal copy. As to the constructive criticism, most of the people dishing it out didn't have a site with any games on it, or had sites with games that paled in comparison to Xylvan's.

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#61]
Luke: That seems to be the problem. Not aimed at you, but generalizing here, nowadays people make a suggestion and then get mad if it isn't acted on or taken into consideration.

At the end of the day, it is Xylvan's game and only he knows how it should ultimately look and play.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#62]
-Make the character walk more accurately : more realims will occur !

-I will review day and night Variables... i will make it twice to three times long...

-I will add a voice which will say : "Its now Night" or "Its now Day"... in both language...

Your suggestions starts to be very interesting ;) Plus people will hear my voice :)

GfK(Posted 2008) [#63]
I will add a voice which will say : "Its now Night" or "Its now Day"... in both language...
I wouldn't do that - its patronising to the player and if its obviously night, then it'll get irritating. It should be clear in some other way whether its day or night (i.e. one is light, the other isn't).

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#64]
just skip the night/day transition
not even murcury orbits THAT fast

dreadcog(Posted 2008) [#65]
@JustLuke

Some how I doubt Xylvan spends his time trolling other people’s threads. You may want to think about that for a moment. Now think how you would react to people bombarding you with horrible things every time you post an idea that might get better if let it grow a little. Think about how you can't fix those things because you lack the knowledge and you can't ask the people that you look up to because you worry about hateful things being said to you. Your only course of action is to ignore and de-rail any kind of criticism they throw at you. What you've just created is an infinite loop. How you finish the program of this thread is up to you.

Art is a very temperamental subject. You shouldn’t think of it in such strict guidelines. No two artists think in the same light. You never slap the hand of an artist and tell them that’s wrong. What you’ve done is made an artist that only knows to create in one frame of mind. Instead of nurture you’ve sprayed weed killer all over his budding potential. Voila your turd that might be a delicacy if you lived in another culture. Just because something doesn't appeal to your senses doesn't make it an un-pleasurable experience. People eat dogs, bugs, and drink cow manure in other cultures. All it means is you should to broaden your palette of tastes.

Piracy is up to that individual and if they feel the need to tell other people. They're the ones that will atone for it later. Why worry about it?

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#66]
does/will it support 360 type usb joy pads?

i really dont like using the keyboard for games anymore (it sits on my lap when i type most days)
and without a desk its nigh on impossible to wsad and mouse in a fps cos my mouse mat is a clip board on my bed

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#67]
I dont know if it support 360 types of usb Joy Pads but it support joystick...

Joystick is set on when you set it on in the setup... Theres Keyboard, Joystick D-PAD and Joystick Analog... Default is Keyboard and D-PAD

puki(Posted 2008) [#68]
Hey, want to buy a lighting system for your game - one that flickers, like torchlight?

$50 USD and you get to use the code. You can probably haggle me down to $40 USD, but I'm certainly not the desperate type - so don't push your luck.

JA2(Posted 2008) [#69]
For the lighting, why not get the current cpu time? You could then set the light colours based on the actual time of day the user is playing for a realtime day-night cycle...

Ked(Posted 2008) [#70]
I say the same as JA2.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#71]
I've my own lighting system... When u appoach a light it glow but when u go on opposite side of the light it fades and then free the light...

It could be possible to change for a CPU day-time... but it sounds hard...

I dont even have the parent right to buy stuff on internet... I prefer making my own stuff... For Ashadow it was my modeller who bought it for me...

JA2(Posted 2008) [#72]
Getting the system time is easy:

Local Time$ = CurrentTime()

Print "Hour  : " + Left (Time,2)
Print "Minute: " + Mid (Time,4,2)
Print "Second: " + Right (Time,2)

WaitKey()
End

You can check what hour of the day it is and set your light colours to an appropriate colour :c)

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#73]
the problem with that is if you have a mission that must be completed at night you have to wait for night in real time or change the system clock and i really dont like doing that.

JA2(Posted 2008) [#74]
One of my upcoming projects has some things that are specific to day or night. For example, nocturnal creatures, sun, moon and stars, etc. I will also add tasks that can only be completed at certain times...

I used to play a game called Dino Island on my cellphone. There was one particular section of the game that was only playable during evenings and weekends.

Anyway, if the day and night cycle is purely for looks then I don't see any problem with it. It will just make the game look a little different each time you play ;o)

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#75]
Please present your project cause i'm getting tired of not having people who have made RPG game like me...

I'm looking for a modeller... Please help me finding one !

Chroma(Posted 2008) [#76]
Amazing. Xylvan is winning over the forum by brute force and spam! Simply amazing. I still think it needs a HUGE amount of work to be a commercially viable product. I suggest start all over, but with higher quality all throughout.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#77]
I don't think that he's winning over the forum, it's just that there's only so many times one can contribute to his threads before it starts to feel kind of soul destroying. It feels like repeatedly stamping on his head, but it's either that or offer false praise which I at least am unwilling to do. It's a kindness to say nothing, really.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#78]
I've just remade some character modelling for LOD and I'm now ready to launch a new demo full of changes...

Heres the new Xylvan:

Heres some gameplay Screenies:

Heres the fantastic update of Lights of Dreams:
http://files.filefront.com/Lights+of+Dreams+Demo+V2125/;10086687;/fileinfo.html

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#79]
Certainly looks better than before, though personally ive always liked the minimalistic & clean style you produce anyway.

However, please take on board everyones constructive critique wherever the gameplay and immersion are concerned (as the graphics are fine IMO).
Do this and you will create a great game with the energy you put into this stuff.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#80]
Agreed. I like Xylvan's graphical style too. His animation needs work, though.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#81]
Oh JustLuke U changed ur way of seeing LOD :D

I really worked hard to get that result... I need a professionnal CGI animator for the animation... To help me u will need to test LOD and make comments over the game...

The speed of the animation walk and moves has not been resolved yet, but it will soon ! in version 2.14 !

I will add more life in the game cause people said it was empty... I will add bees, ladybugs, birds and more...

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#82]
Xylvan, have you ever played an Ultima game? if not, do it.
Its not about birds and bees, or graphics, its about depth.

John Cage(Posted 2008) [#83]
>Xylvan, have you ever played an Ultima game? if not,
>do it.

Or Nethack - i'ts my all time favourite.

SoggyP(Posted 2008) [#84]
Hello.

Larn.

Goodbye.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#85]
As namely the president of Xilvan Design... We declare that after a little meeting with Intel (the computer giant) we finally taking part of the partner program... So we are now developping game in partenaria with intel...

They will help us publishing our flagship games Candy World, Lights of Dreams and the new and never played secret game sheduled for 2009 : Dreams : The Rebirth in the line of the of Dreams serie...

I stay the maker of those game without losing my privileges... My life gonna be very interesting by now...

Cheers !

GfK(Posted 2008) [#86]
As namely the president of Xilvan Design... We declare that after a little meeting with Intel (the computer giant) we finally taking part of the partner program... So we are now developping game in partenaria with intel...
You almost lost all credibility after the fairytale about Atari or Midway or whoever it was. You should probably quit with the ridiculous trumpet-blowing if you ever want anybody to take you seriously.

Intel don't help people to publish $7 games.

You *always* come up with some cock and bull story when people aren't telling you what you want to hear.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#87]
With Atari I was waiting for a reponse... LOD was not as complete as now... They simply rejected but I was too shy to reveal the cancelation...

We will sell the game LOD for altmost 50$... All previous buyers of LOD will receive the latest version of the product...

I'm not a liar... I have proofs...

Dreams : The Rebirth is going to be a mass market production in directX9(blitz or not) and will include more realism, more characters(Character making), a totally new way to abording MMORPGs...

Sceptic will be confused

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#88]
$50??? You joking? GTA IV is going for $50. I'm afraid that is way too much for a game like this. You'll seriously hurt your sales...

Ked(Posted 2008) [#89]
Yeah, $50 is crazy expensive for this kind of game. Probably nothing above $15.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#90]
I dont know the price yet it could be between 20-50$

We'll be discussing this with MY TEAM... And A game like that should be sold 70-80$... I put all my time and knownledge into that game anyway... I ony got a bad salary from my work: not even 1$

I'm not joking at all...

Ked(Posted 2008) [#91]
And A game like that should be sold 70-80$

Probably nothing above $15.

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#92]
You have a team? This is first time that's been mentioned.

well, the problem with selling an MMO for $50 is simply that you will br pricing yourself way above the world's best MMO's like warcraft and the new warhammer online. One thing to consider is that mainstream MMO's take several years to make, hundreds of developers and artists, and millions of dollars.

It's good to have ambition for your games, but I think you fell out the reality tree a long time ago.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#93]
Sure It needs polishing... But I prefer being a non-profit company making free games for the fun of all... But my team mates wants success... We subscribe our game to an intel game contest... and Intel came to us saying that they was interested into our game Lights of Dreams...

Today (April 25 2008) we did have a phone meeting and we subscribed to a Intel Partner program... They didnt say they will publish but they will help us making games... I personnally take this very seriously but thats all that I've got as info...

I think LOD will be priced 20$ and Candy World 12.50$

I was raising the price in the feeling... thats all I can describe...

http://www.intel.com/partner/

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#94]
Hes just kidding about $50+...

But the "Intel Software Partnership" is true. Not the publishing part. We are going to see if they can help us at all with marketing, thats it.

http://www.intel.com/partner/

Good work on LoD Xylvan, keep it up:D

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#95]
Thanks Xzider now I'm sure to not being declared as a stupid liar ;)

I was wrong with the publishing part but they want help us for the marketing...

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#96]
In case you've never actually played this game (or any other from Xilvan Design), marketing is not the issue.

Best of luck though.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#97]
Sure we will...

But if Intel cancel our partnership I will be very deceived... Anyway we're subscribed and they found our game pretty interesting so theres no way to worry about...

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#98]
I checked out the Intel website. Anyone can enrol on the partnership scheme. You fill in a few details online and click on the enrol button.

Xylvan, I was willing to show you some goodwill but, you know, you're either sadly deluded or a deceitful "exaggerator". I can't believe that sane people actually work with you on your games.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#99]
Some people out there 'get it' when it comes to making games, and some don't. From what I'm reading in this thread Xylvan just doesn't get it, and seems to have a bunch of other people helping him out (not on this thread) who don't get it either.

Best of luck to all those who just don't get it ;)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#100]
I noticed that his threads start going 'down' arounf 100 posts..hmmm

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#101]
Well that's usually how long Xylvan can resist making grandiose boasts and ridiculous lies.

kragoth74(Posted 2008) [#102]
Well that's usually how long Xylvan can resist making grandiose boasts and ridiculous lies.
Lol !! This is so true...

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#103]
Is 'Light of Dreams' based on the planet Xylvan lives on?

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#104]
I am not currently working on LoD. I'm helping on other Xilvan projects.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#105]
I thought that he was Canadian. No? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#106]
LOD is based on my Space and Atlantis Fantasies... THe first game to come from Xilvan Design was Soul of Sphere...

I'm not a liar at all Intel contacter one of the team member while a contest and they presented their parternship like a miracle came from heaven... I was not informed about the availability of the partner program...

I've never seen Leaedas anyway but i talked to him on MSN...

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#107]
You need a new press officer ;o)

Anyway, the new graphics look better. Not played the improved demo yet, if there is one.

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#108]
Is just Xylvan graphics updated or the other npcs as well?

_33(Posted 2008) [#109]
If Microsoft can make Halo the blockbuster that it became, I bet anything is possible...

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#110]
All the graphics are now updated... I've cuted down the polycount to make the game more efficient...

NPCs and Human Characters:
12 000 to 5 500 polygons

Angels:
20 000 to 6 500 polygons

the overall polycount drowned from 100 000 about 65 000 polygons

Foolish(Posted 2008) [#111]
Looks like a really impressive accomplishment for one guy.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#112]
The NPCs used to be 12,000 polys? 20,000 for Angels? My goodness man! That's... that's just...

*dies of shock*

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#113]
have to agree that polycount is huge. even 7,000 is a lot
are you using lods?

GfK(Posted 2008) [#114]
I read somewhere that the characters in Assassin's Creed are less than 3,000 polys.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#115]
puki will be able to tell you
he's probably named each polly individually

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#116]
I need some work on the female models cause they look lowpoly but not detailed... I have to rely on a professionnal modeller...

I passed from 22 fps to 25-27 fps

I've got Humans / Angels, Males / Females, Players / NPC altmost done but i feel no satisfaction yet...

I'm motivated but I dont feel the taste of making games anymore... I need a portable to make me more motivated :|

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#117]
I wasn't going to entertain the idea of posting here, but this comment just hit me as shortbus material.

I'm motivated but I dont feel the taste of making games anymore... I need a portable to make me more motivated :|

Support might motivate you if you would be the opposite of ignorant. I tried your game and it has a lot of potential; requiring all the changes that have been mentioned several times over.

You seem to be possessed by graphics, when you don't seem to realise that a game can look like pacman and make it into stores as long as the gameplay is entertaining and addictive, for example...World of Warcrap.

Here are your options from my perspective:

1. Keep making updates no one cares about, lose the little attention and support you currently have, and in the end lose all interest and time you put into your games..

OR

2. Get with the program (pun not intended) and take the advice from people here who HAVE released commercial games, and know how to do it, so you can improve your product, and gain interest from both BM community and potential customers.

It's your game, you don't have to lose at it.

plash(Posted 2008) [#118]
for example...World of Warcrap.
Win.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#119]
World of Warcraft looks awesome to this day. It's got a fantastatic art aesthetic. Very few games equal it in terms of style and atmosphere in my opinion.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#120]
There's quite a few games out there with much higher quality graphics, and there are many older games out there that match the quality of WoW's graphics.

My point was that these games are not as popular because their gameplay structure is not as complex or balanced as WoW; suggesting that graphics are not everything.

People still to this day play text-based and 256 color based tile games. I admit I do every once and a while and it certainly isn't because of the awsome 4 color shaded sprites =P.

style and atmosphere

That, versus more Realism/quality (which requires higher end processing anyways). Xylvan has style and atmosphere. It's time to move on to the real issues with his project(s).

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#121]
Realism does not equal quality. I'll take non-realistic over realistic every time. But, yeah, I agree that Xylvan has yet to address any of the fundamental issues that continue to plague his games. If his gameplay matched his visual stylings then he'd be on to a winner, but alas his games are utterly devoid of gameplay.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#122]
Heres the latest screenshots of LOD:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=7462&log=1587

3D Models of Angels/Human Male/Female has been:
-Remodelled in parts for maximum look
-Retexturised for maximum look -> All character models Human has at least
4 textures for human woman all 5 characters changed
1 textures for angelic woman and 4 for Yris...
6 to 7 textures to men and male angels
Human males stay the same
-Reanimationed for maximum precision of the animation

The trees are loaded at the begin of the game not at the start of Level...

The game is now finally done and I predict it will be liked by most of you...

I've prepared an Age of Dreams tweaking which will be released soon... I hope u will appreciate the new version which will allow 15 levels, 12 characters and awesome graphics from LOD... It will be launched Sunday if the conclusion of our meeting is favorable...

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#123]
Age of Dreams 2.0 propose
LOD's graphics with up to 15 worlds !!!
LOD's 12 characters (excluding Xylvan wich will be present 96% of the game's life for most of you)
More than 10 tricky temples...

New wings, new hairs, new dress and the most heavenly style...
Terrains, Grass, flowers, butterflies, trees, particle, NPCs, Buildings, Statues, challenge(No one finished the game yet except me :D)... All placed in one game.

More adventure more fun and for free ! A gift from Xilvan Design

An outstanding adventure of the beguining of Xilvan Design, A must have ! For 100% free... Bug free and backup assured...

Is it a good publicity ???

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#124]
Not bad, but there are some language errors. Also you should mention something appealing about the gameplay - some unique quality that makes your game worth buying. What I mean is: Butterflies and flowers (for example) aren't going to attract many people to your game. If you can do something fun with the butterflies and flowers (like fly around on the butterflies or bounce around on the the flowers as if they were trampolines) then you might be on to something.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#125]
Yea it sounds attracting for our next game... Butterflies race, Butterflies following and gathering...

Flowers do nothing special too, its just a scenery...
It only attrack butterflies and make the game more lifelike...

I use the same butterflies than in Candy World : The Golden Bones Theres one monarch and one white... Some are on the flowers and some are flying next to Xylvan or one of his companion...

I think that its a good thing for Xilvan Design to release free games... It makes a good friendly reputation...

Okey you all... lets start Dreams : The Rebirth... With a Costumisable Characters(Xylvan will be an NPC and/or side character), Multi class(Fairy, Human, Angels, Elf, Orc, Demons), Online mode(Chat, meeting, duel Battle and Quests) and DirectX9.0(Maybe 7.1 if we dont find an engine)
It will be incredible :D

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#126]
What gameplay enhancements will there be?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#127]
Arrows, Axe, more weapon more class... More pits and traps... Mazes... Two to 12(or more) players dongeons challenge... Levers(as in LOD)... CheckersPiece and Mu balance(Wich weight the amount of Items or players on it and open a door or make an event)...

There will be more to come just let us start the reunion Saturday May 10...

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#128]
Xilvan Design Present Age of Dreams V2.0 with:
15 levels LOD reinvented and debugued...
LOD's graphics from the butterfly to the queen
12 characters excluding angels
New pond to make the game appear feerical
Calibrated walk so the character dont slide on the terrain

I'm looking forward for adding Sphynx and Demons as ennemy to enhance the challenge and fun...

http://files.filefront.com/Lights+of+Dreams+Demo+V216/;10184046;/fileinfo.html

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#129]
Nice to see your improving the gameplay :o)

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#130]
Here is the image of the pond i've added to the game:
I programmed the stream particle effect in several hours... I've obtained perfection nearly... In the code i'm alimenting only one pond at the time... Ponds are distenced so when I change to another proximate pond water start to stream from the pond in 5 different water jet...

5 ponds are located upon 5 different locations in Aquara, the 14th world of Age of Dreams v2.0 and Lights of Dreams...

I'm really satisfied of this maintenance so I want to share what I've did... I hope u will enjoy :)
3DStudio Max

In Game Screenshot

Sphynx and demons added heres a picture of them in MAX:
Demon

Sphynx

Sphynx appear only in desert level of Enilia

Demons do appear in most of the temples and ground of the game

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#131]
You still need to work on the basics, Xylvan. Reducing the walk speed by 60% would be a good start. Fix the bugs too. Basically, improve what is already there before you add anything else.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#132]
I calculated that walk speed was altmost perfecly according to the ground... I'm making a trailer which I will publish today or tomorrow...

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#133]
I calculated that walk speed was altmost perfecly according to the ground.

I think you're talking about the animation speed relative to the distance covered?

I think Luke is referring to the whole thing. IE: The character should cover half the distance *and* animate slower *because* he's covering half the distance.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#134]
..any plans for PS3 version? Maybe with use of Phyre engine?

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#135]
Yup, that's right Gabriel. Sorry, I should have made that clearer.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#136]
Heres a youtube video I've made Yesterday... It shows the amelioration I've made so far... It shows fountain particles, Character selection and most of the gameplay elements...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egDs5Z9XBIg

Send comments on the video...

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#137]
A few comments on the video:

- The game looks like the same thing I played a year or more ago. (and decided not to play again)
- The movement of the character reminds me of a flea. In other words, he/she should move MUCH slower and not jump around like a nutcase.
- Had you just woken up when you decided to read the intro narration?
- I think I got whiplash from the camera movement. It's bad.
- The music is nice.
- There's too much glow. The egyptian level (if that's what it is) looks seriously ugly because of it. I'm sure it'd look even worse without it, but there are better ways of improving art than slapping glow on everything.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#138]
The character still runs about like Benny Hill, imho. You desperately need to address this as it completely ruins everything.

Also there doesn't seem to be anything happening in the video except a lot of aimless wandering.

Uncle(Posted 2008) [#139]
Also there doesn't seem to be anything happening in the video except a lot of aimless wandering.

But if you slow down the walking / flying the aimless wandering will take longer.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#140]
Dont worry i've scaled the run speed in the version of Lights of Dreams I published this morning 12 May 2008

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#141]
What's scary Xylvan is that, even if the speed is improved, it's taken you this long to realise it makes for a bad game.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#142]
I agree the music is good, and the human/angel selection menu was done very well I thought. However again, it has nothing to do with improving the gameplay.

"
Walk, Run, Jump, Fly in 50 fabulous worlds...
"

I can do that in oblivion too, so what makes your game so enjoyable? I think adventuring should only be an optional feature in games (as it seems to be with the best of games out there), not the whole game itself.

It seems you had a world made up in your head and you made that world far too soon. You need to draw up enjoyable/addictive features. Running, walking, and jumping like you have terettes gets old very quickly.

Add more 'features' before adding more content. We all know the game has potential, but you're not taking the right steps because you are not listening to:

but it's not the graphics but the gameplay of your game you should be worrying about...

would genuinely like to help you out with programming and gameplay issues you have, if you want to that is. You seem to have the art part pretty much nailed as far as i can see, but your gameplay is still a little ropey.

Looks pretty neat! It's definitely getting better. Atmospheric. Keep going. Improve gameplay and handling as per suggestions, and this will be good.

I would agree with Ross C - concentrate on the gameplay - there's certainly a niche for a beautiful looking game like this if you can produce the gameplay to match the admirable graphics.

The most important thing to remember is that gameplay is king.

However, please take on board everyones constructive critique wherever the gameplay and immersion are concerned (as the graphics are fine IMO).
Do this and you will create a great game with the energy you put into this stuff.

If his gameplay matched his visual stylings then he'd be on to a winner, but alas his games are utterly devoid of gameplay.

This is from only this section, and ive skipped many parts. Does gameplay not translate for you? None of us are against you, you have been against much of our constructive criticism from the start.

Please stop wasting precious, near-inifinite forum space and make this topic useful; you have been offered help so I suggest you take it.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#143]
My game isnt bad anyway...

The gameplay isnt bad when ur a good player... I've overpassed myself... I've made a solid game.

I've the right of posting my subjects on this forum cause most of the others are bad and unspirited... Most of them doesnt go far and they are flood. My subject are about an interesting game made from my hearth and no one should be jealous cause everyone is winner in that case...

All my games are on download.com and it reached the miles download... Some people say that its a masterpiece and some people said that it was crap...

A game cant appeal to everyone... Look I dont like Metal gear, grand tourismo and Mario Party... and they are great games loved by alot of people...

Maybe you should take my game in serious place in the forum cause its a fantastic game !!! No time for jealous and losers...

GfK(Posted 2008) [#144]
Maybe you should take my game in serious place in the forum cause its a fantastic game !!! No time for jealous and losers...
Forget the game. You need to work on your attitude towards others, because frankly it stinks.

You're not interested in genuine feedback so I don't know why you post. You just want people to pat you on the back for a job well done - even if a lot of people think its the opposite. Its no good getting all arsey when people don't like your game.

Take the comments on board, learn from it, and put it right next time. But for the love of sanity, lose the arrogant attitude.

KillerX(Posted 2008) [#145]
You should allow customization of controls.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#146]

My game isnt bad anyway...

Translation errors again.

I never said the game was bad. Infact, I complimented a couple things and made a point to say it had potential. Try reading the post again.

By the way, anyone can upload to download.com . It's called Upload.com .

As for my taste in games...I have spent an embarassing amount of time checking out thousand(s) of craptastic and fantastic games on the internet. Knowing a bit about coding, I can at least estimate the kind of work put into every game I play, so assuming I judge your game from a single arrogant perspective (which you have just presented publicly) is an absolute joke to me.

You dug yourself a deeper hole when I tried to show you how to get out of it. Good luck anyways, I hold no grudges..

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#147]
I was also like to add that your alienating the people that are offering to help you. Soon you will only having the people who like your game replying to your threads, and that is the worst thing that could happen in my opinion.

You have had numerous people trying to help you, despite the attitude, which some of that is down to translation i will admit.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#148]
Yea its kind of little harsh for a sentence... I will rectifie it...

I know that every people on the internet and around the world can publish on download.com even the green eyed monster...

I poured all my soul into this game, all my time, all my mind... So its hard to take the bad comments and wrong judgement of the prople... People who still think my game is crap are loser or jealous people... BTW I really take care of my friends on MSN i dont perturbate them...

My game isnt a "joke" its a gameplay challenge...

kragoth74(Posted 2008) [#149]
So you're a god, and we're a bunch of jealous lamers. Why do you spend so much time flooding this forum with your posts, since we're too stupid to understand how great your game is ?

plash(Posted 2008) [#150]
I know that every people on the internet and around the world can publish on download.com even the green eyed monster...
Can the 'green eyed monster' eat people too? I certainly know a few people around here that need to stop yapping - for a very very long time.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#151]
If your staring at me green eyed monsters doesnt exists... I have many of them in my room and me, I'm a green eyed monster :[ LOL ! They're cats :D

I know my game and I can declare that its altmost like World of Warcraft... Legends of Dreams is a good MMORPG but I dont think u'll like it :P

plash(Posted 2008) [#152]
Seek immediate help.

JA2(Posted 2008) [#153]
People who still think my game is crap are loser or jealous people

WTF? Your attitude sucks, Xylvan. Your game has some very basic flaws that could easily be rectified. How long would it take you to just slow down the players movement speed? Just some minor tweaks and your game would be much better, it doesn't look like it's changed much since you posted it on codersworkshop a couple of years ago. Instead of fixing your problems, you continue to be French rude and arrogant.

Comparing your game to games like World of Warcraft is a little retarded to say the least. You need to get your head out of your ass some perspective and be more critical of your own work.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#154]
I think you should dress a list of descent modification to make to LOD and CW... I think that most of them has been made... Or many of them arent told ?

I just said my game were altmost as good as World of Warcraft... I've not said that my game was the best in the world and all other games sucks...

I've fixed the walk speed before and after the trailer
-Before the trailer it was too slow so I made it faster
-I made the trailer
-After the trailer some people told me it was too fast soo...
-I Made it slower...

I'm not french from France i'm french from Canada... So I've learned both languages... I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada... 70% of people of montreal talks english... So I needed to integrate the mass...

Dont say I'm arroguant, I'm proud of my game and my success in work...

Dont forget all the changes I made for you !!!

JA2(Posted 2008) [#155]
altmost as good as World of Warcraft

That's good, my latest game is better than Half Life and GTA IV put together. I'm having tea and biscuits this afternoon with Bill Gates on the planet Neptune, where will discuss my new contract with M$ to publish my future games.

MadJack(Posted 2008) [#156]
evil traitor named Sphax

Good name for a traitor. All evil traitors should have an 'x' in their name - makes them seem more uncommonly evil.
It's the law.

Blitz3dCoder(Posted 2008) [#157]
I'M most interested to play the demo, but i dont speak whatever that is (french?) Which link do i click on?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#158]
The demo is set in English... But it can be configured both french and english.

Drak(Posted 2008) [#159]
I've been reading this forum and the other forty about this game for quite some time. I finally broke down and downloaded the demo to see for this game for myself.

Within the first 3 seconds of playing, I agree that the character's travel speed is WAY to fast. Say you hold the w key for 3 seconds. The amount of distance the player travels in that time should be reduced by at LEAST 50% if not 75%. He simply travels to fast. If you have your heart set on this travel speed, then you need to increase the walk animation speed. Watch yourself walk, then try to mimic it in your character's animation. Also, all your characters stand like they're guarding the queen. Make them slouch. People don't stand like that and they definately don't walk like that, either.

Also I noticed there's not much to do but walk around. Add enemies, puzzles, whatever. You need gameplay. You need stuff to do in your game besides walk around. You need depth.

Most Importantly:
Honestly, I got bored very fast. Add SOMETHING to grab the player's attention early in the game and make them want to keep playing.

KillerX(Posted 2008) [#160]
Download it from here.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#161]
Maybe it's just me, but if a developer just doesn't seem to 'get' what a good game is (for the general populace) over a period of two or so years, there's a good chance that developer never will.

I'd be proud if I'd produced something like LOD, but I wouldn't get it confused with something that's sellable.

plash(Posted 2008) [#162]
I've not said that my game was the best in the world and all other games sucks...
I wouldn't put it past you..

Dont say I'm arroguant, I'm proud of my game and my success in work...
So your saying because your proud of your game and your 'success' your not arrogant?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#163]
hes joking with you guys..obviously he need some attention so its fine, and this kind of threads are perfect way of doing that..i mean, piece of rock will understand by now what was spoken, so i just say..Im waiting PS3 version..and yes, your came is cool man..

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#164]
Just a small point...

The music _is_ your own isn't it?
Not copyrighted, and owned by someone else?

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#165]

The character still runs about like Benny Hill, imho

Agreed :) You can see clearly in the video that the character is unplayably fast and even Xylvian can't control it with any degree of precision. It reminds me of playing manic miner on a PC emulator with no frame limiting.

If you plan on sticking with the speed perhaps the inclusion of a team of bikini clad babes chasing you relentlessly would add something interesting to the gameplay. I like the music but maybe replacing it with Status Quo's classic "I'm a wanderer" would be more appropriate?

Joking aside, I could re-iterate all the flaws which are apparent in the gameplay but people here have repeated themselves until they're blue in the face. You should really show more appreciation of the time people are taking out to help you. There's clearly no getting through to you.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#166]
LOL@Stevie G.

There are only two ways to send a message Xylvan will understand- silence or blunt trauma. Sorry... must... control... green eyed monster.

FBEpyon(Posted 2008) [#167]
Okay,

My turn, I have been trying to help Xylvan understand what is needed in his game, but I don't think its ever going to get thru to him for a while now..

-Main Points that need to be followed up on..
1) The player like has been said before, is uncontrollable..
2) The Camera fells to rubbery (like you get pulled back to much)
3) The Lighting and HDR, is well just plain to much for what the game is really about.
4) The timer for day - night is to fast, u don't get the feel of being in the day or the night, more or less a out of this world things were things just change.

The plain fact is; there is no much of trying to make it look good and not enough making it playable, "THINGS MUST BE USER FRIENDLY". I don't want to sound harsh, but I have explained these to you once before, and I'm starting to think that you are not hearing anything that were trying to say. If I was Intel (which I'm not) I would even try to make partner with something like this (Yes I know harsh). You need to start over fresh, think about all the monster you want to add, items you need to collect, and then make them work together on paper first before attempting to make it work on the computer.

Yes you have something good here, but nothing that would (I would think) be a Intel partnership. If you would lessen to us and open up the ideas that we are trying to give you, then yes you could have a very impressive game, but right now its just the same thing OVER, OVER, and OVER again. All your games look the same, why do you think I haven't given you my terrain engine I made for you, that doesn't use Blitz Terrain....

These are my thoughts about this... If you want help REAL HELP msg me and I will help you redesign this so that its more impressive..

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#168]
All musics and sounds of LOD are made by me in 2005-2006

I will make up that points and I hope my game will be accepted by the blitz communauty...