"Sonic Spike" (Pc/Mac)

Community Forums/Showcase/"Sonic Spike" (Pc/Mac)

Eck(Posted 2008) [#1]
"Sonic Spike"
Pc & Mac(Intel)

1-4 player splitscreen "Chuckie Egg" inspired platformer featuring Sonic.

Download & more screens:
http://www.parkproductions.btinternet.co.uk

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#2]
CALL THE LAWYERS!!!

Will give this a try later. If it's good you might want to change the graphics nd release it more openly. I would not release anything publically featuring copyrighted graphics.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#3]
Hey neat, all the authentic animations, sounds and music! It was a bit annoying on the first level that you can fall through where two platforms are next to each other but one was a block higher up. Really you should butt up against the higher one. Also maybe it would be more fun if the springs were on the FIRST level to make it more interesting.

Eck(Posted 2008) [#4]
@andy_mc
It`s all just for fun!

@Grey Alien
I`m only using 1 detection point at Sonic`s feet to detect for landing/running on platforms, but yep it is a little unfair when you fall through that gap.
As for the springs, did`nt want to over use them. But you`re right a spring on level 1 where all new players will see it would be good.
May update the game with that spring added as I`ve changed Sonic`s X co-ordinate to a floating point to give a smoother feel.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
would be good to get that horizontal detection in a way that doesn't interfere when you jump up through platforms.

nrasool(Posted 2008) [#6]
Hey Eck, looks good, although the jump seems a little strange for sonic, but I can't put my finger on why. I like it, it pretty fun.

@andy_mc
There are other fanmade games using sprite sheets, eg like the one created by Mugen, but provided you give credit to the creator's and make it freeware, they should be no problem. Look at the people creating Star Trek games in the past.