It's a virus... It's a joke... It's... BYTE ME!!!

Community Forums/Showcase/It's a virus... It's a joke... It's... BYTE ME!!!

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#1]
Heya peoples,

I was cruising through the B+ Demo a few weeks ago, (it's all I have) when I came across that program "Bite Me.bb" by Shagwana. That was funny, and it gave me an idea, so I cooked up this 15K (no white space!) file, "Byte Me."

First off, Byte Me IS NOT A REAL VIRUS. It's not designed to screw up your computer or do anything remotely malicious, it's all just a well-done act, for fun. Scout's honor. ^_^

Second, I KNOW the code is not "beautiful," i.e. easy-to-interpret; it's not supposed to be. In fact, after I finished the program, I scrambled the blocks of code to make it even HARDER to understand; I didn't want you immediately guessing what it would do.

Third, this has only been tested on Windows XP. Other operating systems might not get the full benefit of this; I don't know.

Finally, some tips to "beat" the "virus:"

-If a load of mini "tool" windows pops up, just close the one that's highlighted (active).
-If a bunch of LARGE windows pops up, DON'T PANIC; just close them all one by one.

So, without further ado, I present: Byte Me!

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#2]
Better if you can post an exe so everyone else can use it :o
)

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#3]
I was cruising through the B+ Demo a few weeks ago, (it's all I have)

* There, that's better. And what Gabriel said. Err... will say in another coupla posts.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#4]
How does one get access to the forums running a demo version?

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#5]
By buying one of the other Blitz products such as Blitz3D, Blitz2D, BlitzMax or even Maplet. I believe "all I have" in this context means "all I have of BlitzPlus".

I do not currently have BlitzPlus installed so I can't try it.

Shagwana(Posted 2008) [#6]
aha, yes bite me

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#7]
Yeah, the gadget crap doesnt work for me, have B3D, can you get a exe?

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#8]
Yeah, the gadget crap doesnt work for me, have B3D, can you get a exe?

Hel-LOOO, if I could make one, I would; All I have is the DEMO, remember? As in, no EXEs!

aha, yes bite me

Hey Shagwana, you obviously have B+ full; would you be willing to compile Byte Me into an exe & post a link in this thread, so everyone who's asked can see it in action?

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#9]
Calm down there, just a suggestion, not a demand.

Shagwana(Posted 2008) [#10]
Hey Shagwana, you obviously have B+ full; would you be willing to compile Byte Me into an exe & post a link in this thread, so everyone who's asked can see it in action?

Well, I say this is a great excuse for people to download the demo and experience the thrill ride that is blitz plus. O look, here is a link!.

By the way, i did try it and it was scary yet amusing. Persons of a weak heart should stay away!.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#11]
Thanks Shagwana!! I'm really glad you liked it, since I was expanding on your idea. Cheers mate!

Nike(Posted 2008) [#12]
Lol when it said nooooo! it froze my computer and i finally did alt+ctrl+delete and ended it. Funny tho

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#13]
very cool!

However, the delays seemed too long, and the blitz debugger gave it away when the program ended...

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#14]
@Adam, wouldnt it just be easier to buy b+? Its only a few $$s after all :D

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#15]
not when your broke like me ;)

plash(Posted 2008) [#16]
Wait a minute.. adam sells games right? Games that he has made in blitzplus?
I don't think he has the correct permission to sell a program (I assume hes selling binaries, in which case someone else would have to compile them, which is of questionable legality.)

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#17]
i thought they were written in b3D or which ever product he owns to have access to this forum

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#18]
Hey, guess what? Byte Me has been UPDATED!!! It's now something like Byte Me V1.5 or whatever. Anyway, here's what's been changed in the update:

-NO QUITTING. Obviously, even Byte Me is vulnerable to the almighty Ctrl+Alt+Del, but other than that, it no longer lets you off easily.
-MORE CHALLENGES. Extra "activities" have been added, including a wild, two minute "search-and-destroy" mission.
-HIGHER STAKES. Again, I must emphasize that Byte Me IS NOT A REAL VIRUS, and will not do anything damaging to your computer. But if you fail to defeat it, it may present you with a... Setback.
-MORE PSYCHOTIC!!! It's smarter. It's colder. And you really don't matter to it!

The old 12K file is now a 15K file. I've updated the codebox; download, TURN OFF DEBUG MODE, and be disturbed! XD

BTW, Plash (see above post): I make & sell games using B3D, not B+. It's why I'm able to post on these forums. Anything I sell is made & compiled completely legit.

Nate the Great(Posted 2008) [#19]
yay this is fun but don't make it really shut down your computer for god's sake! I lost some work because of it... :(

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#20]
Y'know, if you want to abort that shutdown, all you have to do is start the Windows Command Prompt, and type shutdown.exe -a

Braden(Posted 2008) [#21]
cool

Nate the Great(Posted 2008) [#22]
yeah... I didn't think of that... I was in a panic when it said that...