The Time Of The Dark Preview

Community Forums/Showcase/The Time Of The Dark Preview

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#1]
Finally!
I nearly have a downloadable version of The Time Of The Dark.
I have been working on this game for some time now,
and will have version 0.1 available for download within
2 or 3 days.
This version of the game, contains the first 3 levels.

In the mean time, while I continue work on this,I have
some screen shots available for download at the site
listed below

http://gallery.filefront.com/werdnaworld/

Enjoy!

The Mighty WERDNA(Lord of darkness/dorkness)

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#2]
screenshots look interesting,

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#3]
The art definitely needs more style ...
I'm sorry to say but screenshot 3,4,5 are not even well enough to be called "badly game art", I'm not sure if I even would agree to call it ugly graphics as this is just no game graphics ... especially screenshot 3 is especially "bad"
thats totally in contrast to the game menu and screenshot 7

The art definitely lacks consistency, there are at least 4 styles within it. shot 3, then 4,5, then 1,7 and then the rest.

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#4]
I'm assuming since this is version 0.1, then most of the current graphics are placeholders.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#5]
One would certainly hope so, but why offer screenshots that are full of placeholders? They don't tell us anything about the game and they look attrocious. And what good can come of it? Werdna will only receive non-commital "Looks... interesting." type comments which tell him nothing, dishonest "good work!" type comments which are harmful, or "this looks terrible." type comments which, whilst honest, could be pretty hurtful and demoralising.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#6]
lack of continuity intentional?

eg the childrens drawing level ... is that like being in a childs dream seeing the world how they draw it?
the wolf and wizard could have come from any clip art website / cd rom one lacks any shown animation and the other only shows 3 ... lets hope that isnt the real case

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#7]
Looks interesting... (I put the dots in a different order)

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#8]
Thanks for your input guys.
And yes, the graphics will be updated eventually.
The wizard is from a clip art CD, but the wolf is my own.And the wizard had no animation so I gave him one.
The "childrens drawing level" is like that on purpose.
That particular level is called D.U.I, because the main
character is drunk, and hallucinating, and seeing all this
weird stuff that he has to dodge.(Like roller skating chickens,and sandwichs on wheels.)
And I know that the graphics lack consistency.
I'll work on making them more cohesive.

Thanks again for your input,

The Mighty WERDNA(Lord of Darkness\Dorkness)

puki(Posted 2008) [#9]
This looks most interesting.

"WALNUT" is rising up to take over - soon he will be second only to me.

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#10]
Thanks Puki,
Hope you enjoy it.
And why do you call me WALNUT?

The Mighty WERDNA\WALNUT(Lord of Darkness\Dorkness)

skidracer(Posted 2008) [#11]
bring on the roller skating chickens,

i love little computer people, i remember when the following came out yonks ago:

Julian Rignall
My Experiences with Little Computer People

When Gary came back from Activision a few months ago and told me of these "Little Computer People" he'd seen, I thought he'd been consuming large quantities of alcohol during his visit. When one arrived in the office and I actually saw it, I became somewhat less cynical. I was informed that this particular Little Computer Person's name was Adam and that he was a friendly little soul.

I thought I'd try to acquaint myself with him on a personal basis, so I slipped into the back room and swiped a disk drive. Once I'd set the time and date etc, Adam's two and a half storey maisonette appeared on the screen. Shortly thereafter Adam, dressed in trendy baseball cap, drains, sweatshirt and Nikes, strolled in from behind a door, gave me a big smile and settled down in his comfortable easy chair.

Well after such a friendly introduction how could I show Adam that I liked him ? I remembered that Computer People love to be petted so I pressed the relevant keys and watched with some amusement as a little hand appeared and patted Adam gently on the back of the head. He then gave me a huge smile, leaned back in his chair and, crossing his legs, made himself comfortable. After petting him for a while I thought I'd better introduce myself.

"Hello, I'm Julian, pleased to meet you" I said.

Adam turned towards me, gave me another Cheshire cat grin and nodded in appreciation

"He likes me!", I thought and asked him to "Please play a record for me". This inspired him to trot upstairs, switch on his record player and put on a piece from Master of the Lamps! I was quite astounded, even more so when he started dancing !

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#12]
Little computer people was the sims years before it's time.

TaskMaster(Posted 2008) [#13]
Yep, I played little computer people on my C-64 years ago. I even have it on a C-64 emulator and tried it out for a trip down memory lane a few months back.

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#14]
It's a total classic,I'm tempted to buy a C-64 On
Ebay just so I can play it.
Also the Time Of The Dark should be available for
download tommorow, on April 9th.
Enjoy!

The Mighty WERDNA\Walnut(Lord of darkness\dorkness)