One PPC Mac Version

Community Forums/Showcase/One PPC Mac Version

therevills(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi All,

I have just got an old G3 iMac and been trying to get BlitzMax working on it, so I can compile on that... Im totally new to the Mac world...

Anyway I have successfully compiled my Uno based game "One" on the Mac, so here is the dmg:

One.dmg

Screenshots:

Could you please test it and let me know how it goes? On my Mac when I go to run it in a window(are they still called windows on a Mac??) I get a scrambled desktop:

Thanks

To download the Windows version, please see this thread:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=75698

EDIT: replaced pkg with dmg

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
btw, once this is working, will yo be making an Intel version too and combining them into a Universal Binary? I have a thread about this on my framework forum I think. (Certainly the steps to do it are not hard once you know how, just a little fiddly and time consuming)

therevills(Posted 2008) [#3]
will you be making an Intel version too

Hopefully.. planning on getting a Mac-Mini later this year...

For the time being, from what I have read is that the PPC version should still work on the Intel Macs thru emulation, Intel Mac ppl should still be able to play it... is this correct?

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#4]
That is correct, it may be a bit slower, but as your game is not really gfx heavy, it should be fine!

therevills(Posted 2008) [#5]
it should be fine!

Cool... thanks for that!

GA has also kindly tested this on his G3 and he does not get the graphics errors on his machine. Thanks GA!

What is the best way to distribute files for Mac? GA has told me he uses dmgs, is this standard?

Thanks

RDS(Posted 2008) [#6]
Yes DMGs are the stand way to distribute Mac apps.

Only use a pkg if you are going to install stuff all over the system.

therevills(Posted 2008) [#7]
Thanks for the info RDS.

I have created a DMG image for the game:

One.dmg

I found a nice tool for the job:

Easy DMG

Just drag your game folder on the Easy DMG window and it creates the DMG for you, which is compressed and read only straight away!

I tried Disk Utility and converted the image, but it was just under 5MB, using Easy DMG it is 2.73MB.