Test Online Code

Community Forums/Showcase/Test Online Code

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#1]
Anyone attempting to learn blitz tcp and are new, heres a good step. You will have to just study the code because I did not comment all of it. Its very simple, 3D, players are spheres on infinite plane, and only supports Coordinate Updates/Displays Name/Deletes player on leaving-I was in a hurry writing this for someone and the coordinate update has alot better way of doing it, but for beginning, just study it. Hope it helps! By the way, the square in the middle is just to show you where you start at. In case you get lost or something.

http://rapidshare.com/files/103915298/TestOnline.zip.html

** Revisions **

3/31/08:

Update: Made the coordinate updates appear a lot smoother.
Fixed: Fixed a server crash when server didn't delete the player properly.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#2]
i can get the client to connect to the server on the same computer, but if i start the client on a different machine than the one with the server it won't find it. how do i fix that? how can i make one machine a server and another a client?

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#3]
If you have a router you need to forward the ports to your computer ( start>run>cmd>IPCONFIG ) ( Enter default gateway in browser, enter name/pass for router, go to port forwadring, forward ports to internal IP address also found on ipconfig ) different router vary on instructions, but thats basic. Then edit IP in the client code and direct it to your external IP ( if you run on different network ) www.whatismyip.com for external IP.

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#4]
I could comment it if anyone has any trouble, let me know.