Polymaniacs - Stress Test Video

Community Forums/Showcase/Polymaniacs - Stress Test Video

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#1]
This is a quick look at one of the mini-games. There are 105 vehicles and 36 objects in this vid. It runs at 45 fps on my setup. Intel Core 2 Due 2.33 with Radion 1900gt.

I'm still getting random errors from time to time so once I resolve them I'll post a playable demo.

http://www.steviegoodwin.plus.com/Videos/Movie_0002.wmv

Stevie

big10p(Posted 2008) [#2]
Cool. It's swarming!

grindalf(Posted 2008) [#3]
did you see my game mad wheels that i released about a month ago, that was a test game for my main project, and this looks exactly what i am going for, complete madness.
although this looks so good maybe i should just give up now.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#4]
Woooooooooo! Very nice! Did you get that SAM launcher to work i sent you?

JoshK(Posted 2008) [#5]
I am assuming the bottleneck is physics, and not rendering.

I like the look of it. It reminds me of those 3DFX super nintendo games.

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#6]
Thanks folks.

@ Ross, I did but I got a new comp last week and forgot to save my old e-mails!! Can you send it again?

@ gindalf, madwheels - never saw it do you have a link?

Vorderman(Posted 2008) [#7]
I think you could make a cracking Carmageddon style game with this engine - currently it does look a little boring to play, feels like it needs some more interesting objectives other than driving to the yellow markers (although I see that you say this is just a subgame, so maybe you have a definite purpose in the main game?)

Swap to a city-style landscape with a looped course through it, add some nicely splattable peds and have maybe 20 or 30 racers...

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#8]
Emailed you that file again.

Panno(Posted 2008) [#9]
have you this ported to bmax /minib3d ?

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#10]
I like it!

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#11]

have you this ported to bmax /minib3d ?

It's Blitz3d only.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#12]
yikes, that's dog slow on that hardware spec!!

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#13]
Stress tests usually are :o)

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#14]

yikes, that's dog slow on that hardware spec!!

Is it really? No offence, but without knowing what is going on under the hood, how can you possibly know?

Torrente(Posted 2008) [#15]
Looks great, although I think a playable demo is needed to uhh... fully see the stress-test effects :P

One thing that struck me as odd, though: On that mini-game it seemed as though there wasn't enough time to reach the light before its position changed.

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#16]
The light only changes position when any vehicle reaches it and scores a point for their team. Remember there are 8 teams of 14 and your only controlling one of them.

I've been playing with some old school sky banding effects - I think it looks pretty good.

Stevie