sulusgames(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hello,

Just complete working on our new puzzle game Gems Quest

Developed in BlitzMAX.

Trial-version:
http://www.sulusgames.com/downloads/gemsquestsetup.exe
File size: 16mb

Short Description:
Gems Quest is an attractive matching color puzzle game with amazing adventures.
*Innovative matching color game play.
*60 attracting levels
*Lots of exclusive Power Ups.

Please test on old PCs(Pentium 600, 128Mb, 32MB Video Card) and Windows Vista.

Please play and have fun!
We will be happy read your comments.

Screen shots:
screenshot1
screenshot2
screenshot3
screenshot4

More information:
http://www.sulusgames.com

Best regards,
Sulus Games Team
info([at])sulusgames.com

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
Looks impressive, downloading now...

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#3]
Just gave it a good play through, it seems well done but have I seen this somewhere before? I've seen that comic strip at the start and that room with the pedestals on. And I'm sure I've seen that arrow mechanic before too. Have you revamped/upgraded an earlier game and re-released it?

Here's some critique:

1) Sometimes I find the sound effects overwhelm me when you get loads of combos.

2) The menu interface is sort of bubbly and generic and perhaps could be more themed to match the game.

3) Ideally the text in the game should be checked by an English-speaking person as there are errors in it. Particularly on the help screens and the tips, some of them just didn't make sense.

4) Why did you use a "courier" font in-game, it's not really very themed. In fact you have several different fonts use and there is some inconsistency.

5) Particle effects are good but very "mono"/simple like just blue for this effect and just white for this effect, they don't seem to have enough depth or alpha or something.

6) You don't have many level end "stats"

7) Are there any mini-games or is there a meta-game (apart from the story and collecting the objects)? Also no map screen or trophy screen. You don't necessarily need these but a lot of games have them these days.

8) Sometimes I found all the animated items on-screen too distracting.

9) The gameplay is innovative but perhaps it's "slower" than standard match-3 and it makes it harder to make matches (you have to think more).

The gameplay is smooth and the shape graphics are good and the powerups are fun, and the music is good. So best of luck with this!

My test PC was Windows XP, P4 3.2Ghz, Radeon X1950 Pro, so not a really old PC I'm afraid.

sulusgames(Posted 2008) [#4]
Thanks for your critique, we'll take it into consideration.
As to p.7, our Trophy screen is a Totems room.

Yes this is new version of our old game Gems Legend. I remember your comments too.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
Well this game looks better than the older game so good luck with it. Regarding trophies, what I meant was trophies earned by achieving something special instead of just completing several levels.

sulusgames(Posted 2008) [#6]
Thank you =)