Please support my competition entry!

Community Forums/Showcase/Please support my competition entry!

Sonic(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi everyone, I've just entered T.I.G.Source's new Video Game Name Generator Competition with my wacky and ultra-violent 'The Adventures of Death Episode One: Emo Harvest on the Oregon Trail'!

Sonic(Posted 2008) [#2]
Well competition deadline's finally come. If you have a minute, please head over and check out my entry, written in Bmax. I could use your support, hehe!

TAOD Episode 1: Emo Harvest on the Oregon Trail - entry thread.

Thanks and enjoy.

puki(Posted 2008) [#3]
It's a bit violent isn't it?

Still, I award you a "puki" 'Star of Merit' - you can use that in advertising, etc.

Sonic(Posted 2008) [#4]
Well he is Death!

Thanks anyway for the PSoM. You should make a logo for it.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
haha, screenies look cool. Wipe out those "new goths"

Ked(Posted 2008) [#6]
"new goths"

aka "emo's"

puki(Posted 2008) [#7]
Ah, is that what they are - I thought emo was something in Sesame Street. I thought the middle one was supposed to be "Michael Jackson".

amonite(Posted 2008) [#8]
I really enjoyed playing this ! (maybe i'm just insane)
Was a bit frustrated and in a bad mood when going back from work, choping off a few heads, spilling blood and dismembering emos was a hell of a good therapy :)
Thanks !

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#9]
Lol fun times, offing some emos.

GregBUG(Posted 2008) [#10]
wow! sonic!
i like your game!

_33(Posted 2008) [#11]
How do you start the game? I don,t have a start key (I used to on my Atari 130XE thoe)

amonite(Posted 2008) [#12]
try "x"

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#13]
Use "z" to jump.

I loved it. Nice graphics, the gore is perfect and death on skies looks funny.

_33(Posted 2008) [#14]
Worked! Hey, good game, good music, good feel!!! I like this pretty much!

Sonic(Posted 2008) [#15]
Wow thanks everyone. I knew I could count on my fellow Blitz-heads! If any of you have any suggestions etc, I'd love to hear them.

Ked(Posted 2008) [#16]
Downloading now.... Gonna give it a try. :)

Ked(Posted 2008) [#17]
What a nice family-friendly EC-rated game!

Very good physics and gravity. Not sure I like the full screen 640x480 though.

Good job, Sonic.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#18]
Looks like 320x240 doubled up to 640x480?

Ked(Posted 2008) [#19]
Looks like 320x240 doubled up to 640x480?

Oh. Well, however small it is it takes too long to load up. :)

Sonic(Posted 2008) [#20]
Yeah I didn't have time before the deadline for a non-fullscreen version. It is 320 doubled as you say.

About the loading times - that's definitely down to the oggs. Must try and get that ogg-streaming code I read about somewhere. Anyone know about that... or did I imagine it?

Edit: if you really did like it, and have time, please sign up to TIGsource and vote when the time comes in the next few days, it might really help me in my job-hunt next month! Thankyou please!

Also would love to know your high scores... Mine's 550,000!

Sonic(Posted 2008) [#21]
Voting's now open, if any of you are registered. *grins nervously*

cyberyoyo(Posted 2008) [#22]
There are many entries, everyone should take the time to test them and not to vote on a game just because it's in blitz basic ;)
(I also made an entry to the VGNG and I used Blitz3D)

Anyway that's a nice game you have there Sonic. I like the smooth anim and the feeling of speed.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#23]
aka "emo's"
Yeah I know that ;-) I train kids at Aikido so I found out what an emo was a little while back, seemed like halfway house to being a goth or something.

Sonic(Posted 2008) [#24]
@cyberyoyo

Oh yeah... I didn't mean vote for me necessarily, just trying to drum up support for the competetion itself, which I think is great! I also believe Enraged Rocket House was made in B3D, so check that one out too...