Tank game

Community Forums/Showcase/Tank game

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#1]
Wahooo!!!
I have got my tank game up to the point were i can show a demo.
heres a screenie
heres the updated link http://www.savefile.com/files/1432430
CONTROLS
arrow keys to move
spacebar to fire

please tell me if you find any bugs.
there is no settings menu yet but you get funny messege in its place.

Geehawk(Posted 2008) [#2]
"Compressed file is invalid or corrupt"

Chalky(Posted 2008) [#3]
I can open the zip file, which contains a file called "tank release" with no extension. I can unzip it, but the file appears not to be an executable program (adding ".exe" did not work either). Is this for Windows?

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#4]
yes, i compiled on vista mabe thats it. i'll recompile and rezip.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#5]
where should i upload this at? my other upload site was the problem.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#6]
email me your zip file and i'll host if it you want.

Last edited 2012

Xzider(Posted 2008) [#7]
Corrupted Zip

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#8]
ross i sent the file to you thanks again for your help.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#9]
Ok, sorry it took so long.

Tank game:

http://www.rosscrooks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tank.zip

Your best updating your link at the top, on your first page man, saves people trying a dead link :o)

Chalky(Posted 2008) [#10]
After losing all 3 lives in as many seconds, I attempted to play again and got a MAV. Reloaded game, lost after another few seconds, then another MAV when trying to play again. Liked the reflective floor - though the tank didn't seem to have a reflection (not that I saw it for very long). Some of the scenery objects appeared to be floating in midair?

KillerX(Posted 2008) [#11]
I have found an error in the game. There are short white pyramids, about the height of the player. When i drive over them, i go back to the menu. When I try the option to start game, I get a memory access violation.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#12]
Yeah you do get killed very quickly.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#13]
i fixed the mav at the menu. that was a interesting logic problem :). http://www.savefile.com/files/1432430 theres the new link
@Chalky the scenery is supposed to be floating. it looks more different that way.

@KillerX i'm not sure why the pyrimid would do that. there supposed to cloak you. you probably got shot as the enemy tanks guard the pyrimids/cubes.

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#14]
you shouldn't have to use the mouse to select menu items when the game is keyboard controled, it's just annoying.
Otherwise, it'd be good if the tank didn't take up half the screen, you can't see anything, also the other tank kills you before you know what's going on.

Aftger I died I came back to life really high up in the air, then go shot while floating to the ground, was that a bug?

You're getting a lot of MAV errors because you keep changing resolution, it looks like the titles and the game are the same res, so why change it. IK'm guessing this is due to the game loop being in a seperate file to the menus, just take the graphics command off the start of the game loop file and you should be fine.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#15]
the reason i change graphics modes so often is cause i loaded the world and the i delete it but to delete it i us end graphics. i haven't gotten any mavs since i fixed the menu mav. as for the midair bug i'm still not sure why you pop up there. your supposed to pop up at 1 on the y axis. i think its cause when you pop up you hit a cube or cone and you slide up maby?

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#16]
just wondering what kind of scores did people get? i got at least 2000. i have also fixed so more bugs and will post an updated version soon.