ctrltest@...

Helios(Posted 2008) [#2]
EDIT: nvm, my own problem >.<.

monkeybot(Posted 2008) [#3]
eh?

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#4]
not available for download

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#5]
Tripod doesn't permit remote linking, they never have. I'm not sure many people would have been minded to download an unknown RAR with no screenshot from someone with a handful of posts anyway.

I imagine a couple of screenshots would spark a little more interest when you've got it uploaded somewhere you can link to. I for one used to love Galaxians. I played it all day at a school fair once. ( That wasn't the purpose of the fair, I was just bored trying to sell things. )

monkeybot(Posted 2008) [#6]
you need screenshots for a galaxians rip off???
its only 900k

people have been downloading from that link,but i have changed to a link on a webpage now....................

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#7]
I don't need them. I was just suggesting something which - in my experience - might get a few more people interested. If you're happy as is, that's fine.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#8]
Its common courtesy to show people what they're downloading. If you don't do this, then I doubt many people will bother to look.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#9]
Screenies please.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#10]
Runs unplayably slow on mine.

Geehawk(Posted 2008) [#11]
Not suprised you dont post screenies, its a bit boring to look at.

Did you make all the sound effect just using your voice?

Ran fast enough here, but not great fun to play. Collision detection seems a bit slack with shots occasionally passing through aliens.

To have the screen go blank and the message "YOU DIED" every time you lose a life is a bit strange (was the original like this?) and breaks the flow of the game. Be nice to have an explosion when you die instead.

Not even as good as the old Insectoids Blitz demo IMO

Amon(Posted 2008) [#12]
For a mini game it's ok. I remember Galaxians being a lot different to this but it's a good start.