Mad Wheels

Community Forums/Showcase/Mad Wheels

grindalf(Posted 2008) [#1]
just finished a small racing game.

the game is just a test for me to get used to racing game stuff. i will soon be making a much better bigger version.

---------download link--------
http://www.mediafire.com/?blm2mxbbzh2

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#2]
looks cool, will have to try this out tonight. All done in Blitz3D I assume?

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#3]
The looping traCK reminds me of an old game called Fatal Racing.

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#4]
Are the levels one giant mesh?

grindalf(Posted 2008) [#5]
yes its a blitz3d game.

the track(road) itself is one mesh but the surrounding is a seprate mesh(or in some cases greyscale)

anyway crits would be nice as I wanna make a better version. some stuff is obvious like viewable stats for the cars and more weapons, but some cool ideas would be nice.

thanks everybody.

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#6]
I like it. A few consturctive pieces of critism though

You need to have more analogue style controls and feeling to it. It's too robotic. When you steer the wheel should turn that way, not full lock immediatly, also the camera hugs the track far too tightly making it skip up and down when you over bumps.

The AI for the other cars is good.

That loop is impossible! Do you have to steer left all the time your going round?

You've got a good base to improve on their though for other racing games, keep it up, can't wait to see what else you come out with.

grindalf(Posted 2008) [#7]
getting the ai cars to go over the loop was a nightmare, took me a day and a half.
Did anyone else find the loop to hard. i thought it was quite easy. the corkscrew on the last level was a little tough. but not to bad.

yeah the stearing is one thing that has already been improved(im making a flying version next)