Bomber - small project

Community Forums/Showcase/Bomber - small project

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi all,

I've just finished off my little side project - "Bomber"

You fly a bomber plane over cities dropping bombs trying to level each city to the ground.

There are two missiel launchers that fire missles you need to avoid, you can however bomb the missile launchers.

Screeny:

Download: (includes source)
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.mcadam/bomberV1.0.zip

smilertoo(Posted 2008) [#2]
hehe classic.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#3]
Nice! I remember a game like this on the commodore 64. Need to have a shot when i get home :D

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#4]
yeah, it's a remake of a game I used to play on the Amstrad CPC, hence how simple it looks. That and my lack of artistic skills. There was a lot more I could've done with it, but was starting to get bored so I thought I should just release it and get excited about a new project.

Trader3564(Posted 2008) [#5]
it mebe good to finish even the small boring projects, cause at somepoint the big ones get boring as well.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#6]
hey cool, I remember a game like this too on Acorn Electron I think. I'd like to make some little projects like this too, but no time... sob.

btw, that Objectives screen could do with a button to progress rather than forcing the user to wait...

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#7]
What a blast from the past. I also remember this from "back in the day". Looks like a neat remake.

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#8]
Thanks for the positive feedback. I'll maybe update this a little to make it look a bit more appealing and sort a few bugs out. Now I've had some good comments I feel spurred on to work a little more on it.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#9]
Did you use BPlus or B3d?

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#10]
B3d, but all simple 2D commands, nothing fancy. so could've done it in blitz+ very easily. I do include the source code, so you can marvel at my bad coding practices.

big10p(Posted 2008) [#11]
Heh - this is the very first game I tried programming way back, on the Speccy.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#12]
you know I think I programmed it too :-) along with space invaders, a ghost's n goblins type game, an overhead RPG etc. Actually the list is endless, all great fun, but none properly finished like Andy's game!

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#13]
You think it's properly finished? I killed about 50 features off the list in order to release it. There's no high score keeping, the Anti aircraft guns die too easily and don't respwn until the next level. Thanks for the comments though.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#14]
well by finished I mean I has a title screen, instructions, game screen and you can play it properly and die etc. That's finished, even if it's feature slim and not yet polished ;-) It's good to get a game to that stage (playable and rounded) so that any features at all you add now just improve it. I like that stage.