Early deathmatch video

Community Forums/Showcase/Early deathmatch video

JoshK(Posted 2008) [#1]
I have put together a small framework for FPS games in Leadwerks Engine and my users are adding features and modifications. BlitzMax's type system makes it pretty easy to extend weapons and AI. We're planning to have an AI contest, and we'll pit different people's bots against each other:
http://leadwerks.com/post/fight.wmv

Loktar(Posted 2008) [#2]
Looks really good!

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#3]
Looks pretty solid looking. Nice.

SoggyP(Posted 2008) [#4]
Hello.

Very nice indeed. However, I hope those are internal walls you're putting holes in?

As an aside, I think someone needs to add the 'flail gun wildly and shoot' mode. As an example, when you're passing the second enemy it would be much more enjoyable (and more movie-like) to swing the gun around at arms length which, while leaving you exposed like a beached starfish, would allow you to shoot without all that silly manouvering nonsense going on. I hope you get what I mean - at some point, one of your characters is going to get cramp from holding the gun up to their eyes the whole time.

Goodbye.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
wow pretty neat! Darn I've just dropped toothpasth on my keyboard!

Perturbatio(Posted 2008) [#6]
Darn I've just dropped toothpasth on my keyboard!

Umm... why were you brushing your teeth at your computer?

or do you just snack on toothpaste?

Terry B.(Posted 2008) [#7]
Cool looking
Kinda dark though.
And I think the people hold the guns kinda high...

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#8]
Umm... why were you brushing your teeth at your computer?
Had to go out and had prepared my toothbrush (it was in my hand) and was just checking this thread and then it fell off the toothbrush! Nearly made me late cleaning my keyboard...

Perturbatio(Posted 2008) [#9]
Nearly made me late cleaning my keyboard...

The white stain could be hard to explain...

Perturbatio(Posted 2008) [#10]
oh yeah, the video

Looks pretty good, would need to see some more stuff though, maybe a more open area, or perhaps a downloadable demo to test out.

Nice though.

_33(Posted 2008) [#11]
Nice!