BBStream Module Official Release

Community Forums/Showcase/BBStream Module Official Release

Ked(Posted 2008) [#1]

Hey!

I am happy to announce the official release of my second module, BBStream. It summarizes TSocket and TSocketStream functions into BlitzBasic-like TCP functions.

Functions:
BBAcceptTCPStream
BBCloseTCPStream
BBCreateTCPServer
BBCreateTCPStream
BBEof
BBGetSocket
BBGetSocketStream
BBReadAvail
BBReadBank
BBReadByte
BBReadInt
BBReadLine
BBReadShort
BBTCPStreamIP
BBTCPStreamPort
BBTCPStreamRemoteIP
BBTCPStreamRemotePort
BBWriteBank
BBWriteByte
BBWriteInt
BBWriteLine
BBWriteShort

(Download link in signature)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2008) [#2]
The name BBStream is kind of misleading, since it's not *.bb, but *.bmx. anyhow, thanks for sharing, seems to be quite useful.

Ked(Posted 2008) [#3]
Blitz Basic TCP Stream
Anyway, I thought it made sense. :P As long as people like it, who cares.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2008) [#4]
Of course, that's not a biggie... Tho, I care since I haven't got BMax so far. I promised to buy it when the 3D Module is released, and so did I.

Trader3564(Posted 2008) [#5]
How is this different from BMX TCP? All thats different a.f.a.i.c.s. really is the Write/Read Bank/Line features. Its actualy missing stuff comapred to the BMX TCP or did i miss something?
Anyway, i like the execution of your product. You really spend good care on it. So, nice work man :)

Ked(Posted 2008) [#6]
How is this different from BMX TCP? All thats different a.f.a.i.c.s. really is the Write/Read Bank/Line features. Its actualy missing stuff comapred to the BMX TCP or did i miss something?

It's not really different. It just makes using Sockets and SocketStreams easier by calling them by B+/B3D similar functions.

EXAMPLE:
Instead of:
socket:TSocket=CreateTCPSocket()
If Not BindSocket(socket, 8080) Or Not SocketListen(socket)
     CloseSocket(socket)
     End
EndIf

socketstream:TSocketStream=CreateSocketStream(socket)

It's:
stream:TBBStream=CreateTCPServer(8080)
If Not stream
     End
EndIf

IceVAN(Posted 2008) [#7]
Hi KED

It's mod is only for win32?

No source code in mod, and i dont build it for Mac or Linux

Ked(Posted 2008) [#8]
Yes, IceVAN, it is currently only a Win32 module.

markcw(Posted 2008) [#9]
Looks good Ked. I think the name is apt considering your functions are based on the Blitzbasic ones.

jfk: you should get BMax now, it's fun to have it just sitting there on your desktop and learning a new language is best done slowly anyway.