ROBO ATTACK

Community Forums/Showcase/ROBO ATTACK

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#1]
At Last, My First Game.

ROBO ATTACK is something like pac-man, in the sense that you have to collect all the dots to win, while avoiding the enemy robots.

Something unique about this game is the walls of the maze. They are split in to two sides, a left side, and a right side. Which are colored purple, and blue.
Each side has 100 hit points, whenever a enemy robot touches a wall, the wall loses hit points.
when a walls hit points reach 0, then the side of the wall that was taking damage, will disappear, and then reappear somewhere else in the maze.

This effectively splits the walls, over time, into their two seperate sides. What this means is that instead of a purple and blue wall, you will have several just purple, or just blue ones instead.
And not only does this reform the maze over time, but also allows you to go through the walls, and reach dots that might have been hard to reach before.
With the purple walls, only the left side of them acts as a wall. There right side, you can just walk through.
It's the same with the blue walls, only their right side acts as a wall, the other side you can just walk through.

The controls are as follows.
For player 1
RIGHT ARROW: moves your character to the right.
LEFT ARROW: moves your character to the left.
UP ARROW: moves your character up
DOWN ARROW: moves your character down
ESC: exits the game

For player 2
A Key: moves him right
S Key: moves him down
D Key: moves him up
F Key: moves him right

This game can be played on 2 player, but both players must use the same keyboard.
It can be slightly ackward, but it works.
Have FUN!

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#2]
?
Now how do I make ROBO ATTACK availible as a download?

I can see my instructions for how to play it, but no ROBO ATTACK.

Please help.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#3]
you have to host it somewhere and create a link to it here

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#4]
can you tell me how?

This is my first time putting a game on the Show case, and i really have no idea what im doing.

Amon(Posted 2008) [#5]
Send me the game (if it's under 10mb) to my email adress and I'll host it for you.

My email addy is amon@...

:)

But yeah, you need to have some webspace where you can upload files to. Then you link to them and can have people download them.

Does your ISP offer any webspace for you that you can upload your game to?

e.g when your game is uploaded you link to it like this:

http:://www.werdnaswebspace.COM/ROBOATTACK.zip

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#6]
Thanks,
I will probably get a around to sending it to you tommorow.

I really busy, with some of my other games.

Thanks again,

The Mighty WERDNA.(lord of darkness)

Doggie(Posted 2008) [#7]
Get a free account at http://www.filefront.com upload your game and post the link here.

puki(Posted 2008) [#8]
Anyone seen this game yet? The suspense is killing me.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#9]
Nope. I'm not sure that the self-appointed lord of darkness is quite as mighty as he would have us believe.

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#10]
Here is me second game: KEYBOARD ATTACK
Controls:
You can use all the keyboard to do what you want. Hit it on the walls, on monitor, on girlfriend's head..., etc.
Hope you enjoy!

firstborn(Posted 2008) [#11]
@moraldi: man that game of yours rocks! can you like make a sequel or something? we played it for 4 hours straight!(my girlfriend loves it!)

The Mighty WERDNA sure knows how to attract attention!
Please upload a screenshot along with the file.
If it looks good, I'l even download your game!

f

puki(Posted 2008) [#12]
Where is "WALNUT"?

Has he emailed this game to anyone?

Where is this game?

Where is "WALNUT"?

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#13]
I just sent the game to amon,
So it should be playable soon.
Thanks for your patience mortals,
I hope you enjoy it.:)

Amon(Posted 2008) [#14]
Download it here http://www.kamikazekrow.com/storage/RoboAttack.rar

There's no exe as I was sent the source file and gfx so you'll have to compile it yourselves as I don't have Blitz3D installed anymore.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#15]
methinks the delivery mechanism needs to be somewhat optimised e.g. screenshots, runnable exe and proper link ;-)

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#16]
Ok, i've played it. Erm. You can't die for one thing. It's a bit boring because there must be at least 300+ dots to collect. Some of the dots are uncollectable because their wedged in the scenary.

I assume based on your first post the walls are supposed to be able to allow you to walk through them. Works :o)

Apart from that, nice music. You should look into pathfinding, as all the robots end up all overlapping each other. And i think your collision detection needs some work.

Keep at it though. Work on the weak points of this game and you'll get better and better :o)

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#17]
You can not walk through the walls.
What you have to do, is make the robots press against them to lower their hit points.
When it walls hit points reach 0, the wall reappears somewhere else, allowing you to get any dots that might be trapped inside.

And you do die, when your hit points reach 0.
It might seem like you have a lot, but you will lose them quite quickly, at points, making the game actually quite difficult.

And thanks for your critic, Ross C

I will definetly work on the stated problems, in the sequal I'm currently working on, ROBO ATTACK 3D.

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#18]
I will continue to post my games here, for people to download. And will soon post a very fun, and weird, 2d game. Based VERY loosely on the fantasy book trilogy, by barbara hambly called the darwath trilogy.
The game is far from complete, but the first 2 Levels are currently playable, and each level has a hidden mini game as well.

Hope you like it,

The Mighty WERDNA(lord of darkness)

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#19]
You can walk through the walls :o) And no worries

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#20]
Urm, yes you can walk through walls. I actually thought it was quite a nice feature for escaping the robots. Otherwise a good first effort for a new Blitz3D programmer. Well done and keep it up.

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#21]
Thanks andy.

I will be posting another, much larger game in a few days, called the Time Of The Dark.
I hope you will enjoy it, and look forward to any suggestions you guys might have as to what would make it better.