Gyrobot

Community Forums/Showcase/Gyrobot

RetroSouls(Posted 2008) [#1]

Guide your gyrobot throught 14 levels of game.
Collect all energy crystalls and then destroy all the robots on each level.

Grab it at http://www.retrosouls.net

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#2]
Nice game. Like the gfx and retro stylee music.

A couple of suggestions (I only had a quick look, so there may be a way round these):

1. An option for full screen.
2. Orient the direction controls so a single key moves along a line of blocks... if that makes any sense. Basically angle the movement directions at 45 degrees to what they are. This is how all the geometric games used to work and it feels better.

Trader3564(Posted 2008) [#3]
Nice game. Altough, i bet the sounds are from Wonder Boy 3 Sega 8 bit, Dragons Layer but it maybe conincedence :P Its just i played that game so much when i was i child i wont ever forget the sounds.

Amon(Posted 2008) [#4]
Nice game although when I completed the first level ( I collected all the stuff and killed the red giro's by pressing space when next to them) the game stopped responding and crashed to the desktop.

I'm running it on Vista Home Premium with Latest NVidia drivers.

Doiron(Posted 2008) [#5]
I had this game for months on my hard drive, nearly a year... good one, nice retro feeling and quite fun.

2. Orient the direction controls so a single key moves along a line of blocks... if that makes any sense. Basically angle the movement directions at 45 degrees to what they are. This is how all the geometric games used to work and it feels better.

Actually, I always found it very annoying and confusing even in the zx spectrum era (and it's the major difference I noticed between the original and portal version of Mr Robot, a great old school rpg from Moonpod Games, so I suppose I'm not alone on that one).

Geehawk(Posted 2008) [#6]
Had fun for one level, at the end of which I got a MAV.

I was expecting the slopes to have some sort of gravity/slipping effect on your bot, in a marble madness style.

Fun though provided there is a bit of variety in later levels.

RetroSouls(Posted 2008) [#7]
v1.01 uploaded

*Change camera angle

A couple of suggestions (I only had a quick look, so there may be a way round these):

1. An option for full screen.

Edit "Gyrobot.Ini" - Fullscreen=1

Nice game although when I completed the first level ( I collected all the stuff and killed the red giro's by pressing space when next to them) the game stopped responding and crashed to the desktop.

Had fun for one level, at the end of which I got a MAV.

Seems like my retromusic.dll problems, try to fix it...

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#8]
This game rocks, I'm sure u will get success... really entertaining... It gave me a punch to continue Candy World 2