Community Forums/Showcase/Alientrails 1.20 released

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2008) [#1]
What's New?
----------------
* Restore “all” options wasn’t restoring the “behaviour” options

* “Wait For VSync” option wasn’t working

* Added option to use render tweening to ensure consistent frame rates

* “Automatically update wall paper on exit” option was not working

* Added option to disable splash screen on startup – full version only!

* Added 16 more textures (total 51)

* Improved the splash and help screens

What is Alientrails?
------------------------
Alientrails is a gory screen saver that wobbles, writhes and ripples. Think alien entrails, think Alientrails.

For those of you that like something a little out of the ordinary, something grotesque and squirming, Alientrails is the screen saver for you. Innocent victims of Alientrails have been heard to remark "that's not very nice is it?"

Alientrails will run in every 3D resolution your graphics card supports and can even update your desktop wallpaper with a random alien entrail.

So what are you waiting for, disturb someone today, try Alientrails.

http://www.boiledsweets.com/Alientrails

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
When are you going to make another game? I like your games! Do the screensavers make you any money then?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2008) [#3]
My screen savers continue to sell. I won't be retiring any time soon on the profits. I make them for my own amusement really but it's always nice when someone is happy to part with their money for any of my projects.

I'm waiting for inspiration regards a new game, I was thinking of Stopple 2 with an extended environment, i.e. lifts, slopes etc but want to design it completely before I start work on it.

Of course qoob is always needing my attention.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#4]
glad to hear your screensavers make you money. Have you thought about making a casual game and trying to make good money from it or are you against that on principle ;-)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2008) [#5]
Not at all! I think I make casual games but they never seem to generate much money. Stopple and KeePeeUppy were free of course. What did you have in mind exactly?

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#6]
Stopple is a casual game true (of the puzzle genre), but maybe it's not "casual" enough because it requires to much thinking (I'm serious) plus there's the whole coloured backgrounds thing (which I know you love) but it's not "normal" for casual games. I personally thought it was great btw. KeePeeUppy isn't really casual material. Intersteller, Retrosphere and Qoob are all action based. I just figured you had the skills to make a neat casual game, maybe a puzzle game of some kind that is fun (with great particle effects), easy to play and well presented. Then again, maybe you should keep going with the action games and release them on PC/Mac/Linus and build up a following. Who knows? It's your choice :-) Your website is cool now, lots of content.

Perhaps (dare I say it) you can find a retro gameplay that you really like, clone it and modify it and turn it into a great casual game?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2008) [#7]
Define casual

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#8]
No :-) Wiki it if you are serious.