Covert Warfare Released

Community Forums/Showcase/Covert Warfare Released

xuulspectrum(Posted 2008) [#1]
Covert Warfare, developed with BlitzMax is officially released.

Covert Warfare is a tactical action game where you must destroy a set of terrestrial, aerial or sea objetives,
on a limited time, employing for this purpose the combat power of the fighting helicopter Apache AH-64, and
in some ocassions a second Black Hawk helicopter as wingman.

The game is visualized from an aerial view, proporcionated by the cameras of our satellite belongins to the SPHERE
net, which covers the terrain area of each mission. You count on with different possibilities to examine the
environment and to assign instructions to each unit in order to accomplish all the objetives.

Covert Warfare is directed to people that like war action games and Google Earth enthusiasts that
enjoy finding military facilies. Imagine that you can combat with an Apache AH-64 destroying as many enemy units
as you want over any real place in the world: cities, military places...

Covert Warfare is a game where all the levels will be created (very easily) by the players. You can create
your own designs and participate in our community where all the players share their levels, resources, tools...

Web, gallery, level creation and more in:
http://www.clandestineworks.com

You can download the free trial here:
http://www.clandestineworks.com/downloads/setup-cw-demo.exe

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2008) [#2]
Very nice look. One thing: next time use Forum Tags when you submit a news entry, don't use HTML tags. Mods are tired of converting HTML to BB tags, thanks. The closer you follow the news guidelines (plus the NO HTML thing), the more likely a Mod is going to publish it "as is".

Interesting project. It's frightening realistic.

xuulspectrum(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thanks for all!. You have been very consider correcting my post.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#4]
I don't understand - all I see is a couple of screenshots of Google Earth?

I take it you got permission to use their images? You can get in a world of trouble if you haven't.

xuulspectrum(Posted 2008) [#5]
Covert Warfare is not exactly a game. Covert Warfare is a level designer to create combat missions for personal use or for sharing with the Covert Warfare community totally free. We support the community by means of a forum where you post the links to the levels you design.

We think that we are not using Google Earth maps for commercial purposes, we only sell a tool to create levels using Google Earth maps as a possibility. You can also use MSN maps, draw your level backgrounds, use terrains generated by any tool (as Terragen) etc...

In other games the difference between Free Trial and Full Version is the number of levels incorporated, in Covert Warfare the difference is the possibilities of level creations (size of maps, number of enemies etc...)

The product (free trial anf full version) don't use Google Earth content. They only contain two tutorial levels to explain how to play the levels you create.

We mention 'Google Earth' because is the most popular tool to navigate across the world digitally. There are many communities where people find interesting places and share their discoverings

We are not bad boys...

xuulspectrum(Posted 2008) [#6]
You can see two gameplay videos now in www.clandestineworks.com (you can download them in divx format)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAl9DUXyJiA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6dpttciVHM

Scott Shaver(Posted 2008) [#7]
"Covert Warfare is destinated to people "

is destinated a word?

puki(Posted 2008) [#8]
Those videos are terribly, terribly exciting.

Post more.

xuulspectrum(Posted 2008) [#9]
directed better?

Thanks! better than videos are gameplay

Terry B.(Posted 2008) [#10]
Well Good idea, the only reason I'm not gonna play it is cause I dont really like "time-limit" games.

I like to take my time killing/blowing things up.

Loktar(Posted 2008) [#11]
Thats a pretty unique idea. I shall steal it!! lol just joking, looks realistic, love it.

xuulspectrum(Posted 2008) [#12]
I have a secret for you Terry. In the full version you can edit the time limit opening the xtras.txt file in the level folder (under player_levels folder) and setting up the parameters:

total_time=15
slowmotion_time=5

to

total_time=....
slowmotion_time=....
(in minutes)

Another possibility:

You can create your own level, up to 16384x16385 pixels, over the scenario you want across the world, positioning enemies, defining the main objetives, creating elevations maps ... ¿could this be attractive for you?

Terry B.(Posted 2008) [#13]
*downloads it*

Well it was fun, but it is REALLY hard to see stuff like the white writing...

And im partially colorblind to green and red (Im assuming it was one of those, alls i saw was grey) so It was kinda hard to see stuff...
But I did manage to kill a few things, and learn how to play. I think its a great concept/idea.

xuulspectrum(Posted 2008) [#14]
I'sorry Terry B. The graphic style is very particular, we know.

We have been making some adjustements and re-balancing the game.

Enjoy.

xuulspectrum(Posted 2008) [#15]
The 'submit and win' promotion has started:

http://clandestineworks.com/blog/?p=115