SigmaSix

Community Forums/Showcase/SigmaSix

Helios(Posted 2008) [#1]
SigmaSix is essentially a remote-control system writen in a couple of days so I could play a few pranks on my familes computers and see how they would react (My fathers reaction was classic, shame I didn't have a camera). It allows you to do a whole array of intresting things from directly controling the screen to create a 'matrix chat' window. Its great fun if you want to play jokes on your mates, though best to only do it on people with a sense of humouer.

Anyhow no more delay, heres a screenshot;

And heres a download;
http://www.binaryphoenix.com/index.php?action=viewproject&pid=24

And heres a list of things you can do with it;
- View previews of the remote computers screen, and directly take over
control of the remote computers screen.
- Enable/Disable Task Manager.
- Enable/Disable Start Tray.
- Log all keys typed by the remote user.
- Access any text stored on the remote computers clipboard.
- Turn the monitor On/Off.
- Put the monitor into and out of standby.
- Preview webcam output if connected to remote computer.
- Preform a 'Matrix Chat' session, similar to that in the movie of the same name.
- Text-To-Speach output on the remote computer. (Unsupported on a lot of computers)
- Manage, download and upload all files stored on the remote computer.
- Open webpages remotely.
- Change IE default homepage.
- Create customizable popup messages on the remote computer.
- View system information about the remote computer (hardware / software details).
- Open programs remotely.
- Shutdown / Log Out / Hibernate / Restart computer.
- Open/Close CD drive.
- Remotely print text from connected printers.

If anyone is intrested in the source code I'll post it as well.

ckob(Posted 2008) [#2]
could do with the source code this brings me back to the good ol telnet days awesome job.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#3]
where do you find a port?
also, how can I do this to my own computer? (i dont have any remote comps around and i really wanna check this out)

Helios(Posted 2008) [#4]
'could do with the source code this brings me back to the good ol telnet days awesome job.'
- Alrighty, give me a few hours and I'll see what I can do.

'where do you find a port?'
- When you run the server editor, you specify a range of ports , the port will be a random one within the range (or a specific one if your range minimum and maximum is the same). If its random you can set the server up to send you an email containining the IP and port of the host computer to make it easier to connect.

'also, how can I do this to my own computer? (i dont have any remote comps around and i really wanna check this out) '
- Just create a server with the server editor, set its port range to something like 2020-2020, run it, and the connect to 127.0.0.1 : 2020 in the client.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2008) [#5]
Interesting project. What kind of sourcecode is it? (BMax, B3D?)

Helios(Posted 2008) [#6]
BlitzMax (couple of extra things are done in C/C++ as things that BlitzMax is incapable of were needed , eg. Text2Speech, which needs the COM interface.), I'll post it when I get back from college.

Jasu(Posted 2008) [#7]
Mind you that there are some illegal stuff there, if you use this with someone who has no sense of humour.

ckob(Posted 2008) [#8]
i wrote one of these in visual basics back in the day but it was always a learning experience. It's nice to see programs like this still being developed.

Helios(Posted 2008) [#9]
'Mind you that there are some illegal stuff there, if you use this with someone who has no sense of humour. '
- Quite a few programs can cause damage to a computer if used incorrect, the same is true with this. All I can do is hope nobody is stupid enough to use it maliciously. You may notice that I have provided instructions on how to remove copies of the server, and haven't added any code that allows it to 'hide-itself'.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#10]
This looks very impressive for a couple of day's work. I wouldn't mind a shufty at the source, either.

Helios(Posted 2008) [#11]
- 'I wouldn't mind a shufty at the source, either.'
Its nothing very impressive, but if you do want to have a peak, I've added a new download which includes the source at the following link;

http://www.binaryphoenix.com/index.php?action=viewproject&pid=24

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#12]
impressive dude!
i tried to use 127.0.0.1 and port 2020 as in your screenshot and it didnt work.

Helios(Posted 2008) [#13]
'impressive dude!
i tried to use 127.0.0.1 and port 2020 as in your screenshot and it didnt work. '

Silly question, but did you actually run a server on your computer at the same time?

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#14]
no. i just started sigma client edition with those values.

Helios(Posted 2008) [#15]
Won't work, sorry :). Server needs to be running on the target computer (in this case, yours) before you can take control of it.

To create a sever just run the ServerEd.exe file, select the 'connection info' page and set the port range to 2020 to 2020. Click 'Export To Executable' and run the file it produces.

If you read the readme file its got more info in it.

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#16]
but tell me one thing: why do you detect my own internet IP and send it to an smpt server? this is exactly what a spam bot does, but why do your program do that??

Helios(Posted 2008) [#17]
'why do you detect my own internet IP and send it to an smpt server? this is exactly what a spam bot does, but why do your program do that??'
- Its so that if you set the port to be random (by setting a different maximum and minimum range) and you run it on another computer, then it will send you an email containing the port number and IP address. Its really just to make connecting to the severs easier. If you don't want it to do that, just don't tick the 'send notification' checkbox in the server editor.

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#18]
ok that sounds logic to me :)

Ked(Posted 2008) [#19]
When I run the exported server on the remote computer then connect to it, it just ends and thats it.

Helios(Posted 2008) [#20]
'When I run the exported server on the remote computer then connect to it, it just ends and thats it.'
- Are you sure it actually ends? As opposed to running in the backgorund? If not then I guess its having trouble connecting. I'll add some more friendly error messages in the next version.

EDIT: I just changed some code that may cause a problem. Try redownloading the newer version and using that. If it still dosen't work just say.

Ked(Posted 2008) [#21]
I might have found the problem. The exported EXE wasn't creating the cgf file with the settings. I, with Notepad, created one in the same format that is needed and it worked. Some bugs here and there but it is a fun tool.

Helios(Posted 2008) [#22]
- "I might have found the problem. The exported EXE wasn't creating the cgf file with the settings. I, with Notepad, created one in the same format that is needed and it worked. Some bugs here and there but it is a fun tool."
It shouldn't create a cfg file, the cfg details are appended to the end of the executable. However your version will probably work to, as a physical file takes presedence over the config details appended to the exe.

Terry B.(Posted 2008) [#23]
Pretty sweet.

Question though, how did you get the server to be a process instead of an anooying minimized window?

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#24]
is pressing the connect button supposed to take forever?

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#25]
well, i can't get it to work on my comp. I use the default IP and port 2020 (when creating the server, I used port range 2020 and 2020), and A: it told me i used an invalid port or IP, or B: it freezes and i half to End Task it.

???

Helios(Posted 2008) [#26]
- 'is pressing the connect button supposed to take forever?'
- 'well, i can't get it to work on my comp. I use the default IP and port 2020 (when creating the server, I used port range 2020 and 2020), and A: it told me i used an invalid port or IP, or B: it freezes and i half to End Task it.'

That means it can't connect to the server, chances are something is stopping it on your computer. Don't suppose you have a firewall / anti-viral software do you?

- 'Question though, how did you get the server to be a process instead of an anooying minimized window?'
Simple, I just didn't create a window.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#27]
was the not creating a window part done in C?

Helios(Posted 2008) [#28]
- 'was the not creating a window part done in C?'
Hum? No, the server dosen't even use a window. The windows that are used in the client and such are done using MaxGUI (which technically uses C under the hood, so I guess your correct ;P).

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#29]
i only know BB in which its not possible to not create a window, even if the graphics command is not used, a default-sized window appears anyway

Helios(Posted 2008) [#30]
Ah, alright then.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#31]
so is the default IP supposed to work??

Helios(Posted 2008) [#32]
'so is the default IP supposed to work??'
Default IP? If you mean 127.0.0.1, thats just the loop back address, it means it will connect to any server running on your computer. It will only work however if a. Your running a server and b. You don't have anything blocking the connection (firewalls and alike).

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#33]
ok

Ked(Posted 2008) [#34]
i only know BB in which its not possible to not create a window, even if the graphics command is not used, a default-sized window appears anyway

This isn't true with BlitzPlus. Blitz3D it is. :P

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#35]
Scary stuff :D

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#36]
This isn't true with BlitzPlus. Blitz3D it is. :P

There's a fix around for Blitz3D as well that surpresses the window...

mindstorms(Posted 2008) [#37]
how do you suppress the window in blitz3d?\

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2008) [#38]
Sub7 anyone? :D This however, is in a better light than Sub7 (which was pretty fun when used in the right way.)

Sadly this stands a chance of getting called Malware, In any case, its pretty cool, and reminds me of the days when I wrote a client to listen for commands from my server at home,
my server at home was programmed to respond when the phone rings,

So i got the class to watch, I called my server, and they watched as all the CD drives opened in the classroom X-)
called home again? CD drivers closed.

So basic, but pretty cool :-D