Jet Pac Remake

Community Forums/Showcase/Jet Pac Remake

Mick Farrow(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hello, you can find my remake of JetPac now including keyboard support & definable keys here,

http://www.retroremakes.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=10911

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
Cool. Please post a screenshot as it looks great :-)

puki(Posted 2008) [#3]
Mmm, he also did a Hunchback one too.

SausageOfDoom(Posted 2008) [#4]
Cool, I loved the speccy version of Jetpac.

I really think you should have keys or redefinable keys too. Also, when using a joypad, it would be nice to be able to configure them. I don't much care for pressing "UP" on the dpad for thrust. I'd like to use a thrust button.

Nice Jetpac version though. I would just suggest implemented those extra control options, then it would be much more enjoyable/accessible.

big10p(Posted 2008) [#5]
Looks cool, but is it written in under 16k, like the original? :P

SausageOfDoom(Posted 2008) [#6]
LOL!

Ship 0 A.png is 17k! So, I guess not! LOL.

Those were the days, eh? When u could do a game in less memory than an average sized sprite of today :)

Mick Farrow(Posted 2008) [#7]
Could somebody remind me how to post a screenshot ?!
Also, I really wanted keyboard support but, because the player moves in increments of less than 1 (.1 etc) Blitz wouldn't read it, I asked for help on this but no luck.
I'm amazed programmers could achieve games with 16k or less, mine comes in at a hefty 77k (without GFX OR SFX!)

Doiron(Posted 2008) [#8]
Please be more specific about your problem: Blitz can easily update the game logic every loop (so at least as fast as the graphic) or separately by using a timer.

because the player moves in increments of less than 1 (.1 etc) Blitz wouldn't read it, I asked for help on this but no luck.

Anyway, what this increment you are talking about? a measure of time?

You could post an example of the code you tried to use for the movement.

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#9]
I tried the xbox live arcade remake recently, that was really good too, just shows that older games still have as much gameplay as most games these days.

Mick Farrow(Posted 2008) [#10]
Hello again,
sorry for delay, have finally updated Jetpac which now has keyboard support & definable keys etc, please click link.
http://www.retroremakes.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=10911

Mick Farrow(Posted 2008) [#11]
Sorry! please ignore last post,THIS is the final update of Jetpac,
http://www.retroremakes.com/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=5864&d=1205437797
All bugs fixed! No more phantom greeblie images or dodgy loss of life! Explosions do not kill you now, all 16 levels present (4 stages/4 rockets), you can now use joystick, arrow keys or define your own! (have shifted the pause key to F1). Look forward to anymore comments!

u2o(Posted 2008) [#12]
Your remake looks really neat - I'm now about to download and have a play as it is one of my fave games ever!

I tried the xbox live arcade remake recently, that was really good too

That was a totally fantastic remake, MS got my pennies, and well spent pennies too! Awsome game.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2008) [#13]
Missed this one, downloading now...

Blitzplotter(Posted 2008) [#14]
fantastic remake Mick, so when is Lunar Jetman due for release ?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#15]
I played it in the Donkey Kong 64 Cartridge on N64 it was quite fun...

Mick Farrow(Posted 2008) [#16]
"So,when is Lunar Jetman due for release ?"

Oooh, I don't know about that!

dawlane(Posted 2008) [#17]
Isn't this Lunar Jetman here

Steve Elliott(Posted 2008) [#18]

Mmm, he also did a Hunchback one too.

Top man! That was a great conversion and brought back a lot of memories for me lol.