Darkened Worlds

Community Forums/Showcase/Darkened Worlds

grindalf(Posted 2008) [#1]
This is a game in the old snes style, with super deformed characters, all the normal spells like fire1, fire2, exit, ect, and summons like Leviathan, Bahamut, Efreet and many more.

Im trying to capture the feel of the old games but in 3D as i feel that so many of todays rpgs are missing the magic of the older games(maybe im just showing my age)

anyway here are a few pics for everyone.

Any crits or comments?

(tu) sinu(Posted 2008) [#2]
i like the old rpgs too, and think this looks like it goes for the same style, only in 3d. Good work.

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#3]
Nice.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#4]
Do you have a demo to play? Looks fun :o) I like the style too.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#5]
nice cartoony style

Terry B.(Posted 2008) [#6]
Awsome!

Zenith(Posted 2008) [#7]
Sorta reminds me of Egoboo, scary eyes! :)

amonite(Posted 2008) [#8]
Looks cool, nice idea that you have about trying to bring the old style feeling.
The girl character has no mouth ?
Wish you good progress.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#9]
Good start, but I don't think that the environmental style fits very well with the characters (or maybe it's the other way round). I think that you should either make the environment more vibrant and cartoony, or the characters less so.

grindalf(Posted 2008) [#10]
@ross c
should have a playable demo within the week, depends how much tv i watch.

@zenith
which eyes the ones on their face or the ones they are fighting?

@neji
I couldent get a mouth to look right on her so i just left it off. i think it looks better this way but i would like to know what everyone else thinks on that subject.

@justluke
i had the environment more colorfull at first but it just looked strange. i will be changing the trees so maybe it will look better then(these trees are from the old treemagik)

thanks for the comments everyone.

Chad(Posted 2008) [#11]
Looks good! Great work, keep it up.

Fuller(Posted 2008) [#12]
ooh, love turn-based games!