Hickory

Community Forums/Showcase/Hickory

nino(Posted 2007) [#1]
Physle is back with another platform game (this time with no bouncing)!

Hickory is a platform puzzle game where the object is to get some cheese. This is a late development public beta. We're basically just trying to make sure it works everywhere before doing any major publicity. Enjoy!

http://www.physle.com/hickory

big10p(Posted 2007) [#2]
Screenies?

nino(Posted 2007) [#3]

Stevie G(Posted 2007) [#4]
Sorry but I didn't like it. The controls were fiddly and frustrating. Also, it may have been your intention but there was nowhere really to go in the level so I quit after 2 mins.

Looks ok and works fine though.

Stevie

Jake L.(Posted 2007) [#5]
Whooooosh, I tried fullscreen mode ;)

You should ensure that your game runs with the same speed on every pc. It was way to fast for me in Fullscreen, so I guess you have no kind of timing in it.

Search the forums for delta timing, it's easy to implement and will help to make your game better (at least it will help to make your game run at the same speed on any machine).

Keep on, I like the graphics!

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#6]
Delta timeing can be a bit confusing. I don't know who wrote this, but its free in the IDEal IDE and really great. It has the advantage of only using the nessercery CPU power to maintain your FPS, so if you set it to something like 30FPS it will free up a lot of computer resurces and still maintain your game (and run it on the same speed on every computer)

Blitz3D but easily changeable.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#7]
I like the graphics.

nino(Posted 2007) [#8]
great thanks for the feed back!
This is bmax but millisecs() function is there too. I will have a look at adding delta time to that. I'm pretty new to full screen graphics so thats bound to be an issue.

RE: nowhere to go -
there is a walk through here:
http://www.physle.com/hickory/walkthrough.html
although many people dislike this sort of game so no hard feelings either way.

andy_mc(Posted 2007) [#9]
I found a bug where the mine cart can run you over and you get stuck under it, I had to quit the game.

And I'm not sure if it always jumped when I wanted it too.

Lastly, does this mouse has steel legs? He falls hundreds of feet and is fine?