Now you're stacking with portal

Archives Forums/General Discussion/Now you're stacking with portal

flounder22001(Posted 2007) [#1]
I've been working on my physics engine quite a bit lately. It can now support rigid bodies, portals, stick constraints, angular constraints, and different materials.

In scenes 3,6, and 7 the red walls represent portals. The portals only allow objects to enter through one side, if they cross over the backside it will act like there's no collision at all.

There used to be a drawing glitch that happened when you dragged an object and the mouse went behind a portal, though i think i've fixed it. If you spot any other bugs or inconsistencies please let me know.

The test should be able to run on any windows computer > NT.

link:
http://www.retrominded.net/RB_2D.zip

screens:

edit: attempt #2 at thumbnails...

Jake L.(Posted 2007) [#2]
Neat! Is it Blitzmax?

flounder22001(Posted 2007) [#3]
C++

Warpy(Posted 2007) [#4]
Impressive! But why is it in the blitz showcase if it's made in C++?

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#5]
I think what he meant is: is it for BM or the old blitz?

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#6]
Is this a .dll that can be used with BlitzMax?

flounder22001(Posted 2007) [#7]
Aghhh! No, it's just vanilla c++, not tied in to blitz at all. When i saw "blitz showcase" i thought "showcase for the blitz community"... never bothered to read the description.

Sorry about that, i can remove the links and let the topic drop if someone gives the word.

Retimer(Posted 2007) [#8]
Extremely impressive. I can't imagine what you could do with 3d physics on a simplified engine.

What are your plans for this project?

Also, that teleport glitch still exists, although I really had to screw around tangling the thing around the portals to cause it.

flounder22001(Posted 2007) [#9]
>"Also, that teleport glitch still exists, although I really had to screw around tangling the thing around the portals to cause it."

I was able to replicate the portal drawing glitch by going to scene 6, destroying the conveyor, dragging a domino through the portal and then dragging it back around to the portal it was brought in. I think i've fixed it completely now though, original link has the fix.

No, no plans for it. Just felt like making a physics engine.