Blitz Games Website/Portal

Community Forums/Showcase/Blitz Games Website/Portal

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#1]
OK I've now got a special page on my website for Blitz games and I'm looking for great commercial Blitz games to add to it.

http://www.greyaliengames.com/blitz.php

If you've made a great game in Blitz and have an affiliate scheme set up via BMT or Plimus, or your game is on Reflexive, please let me know and I'll put your game on this page.

My site gets quite a lot of traffic and will be getting more in the future due to some marketing I'm embarking on. I've just revamped the front page to have tons of top games and I've got myself setup with a proper newsletter system which already has 400 qualified subscribers. I'm also hoping that it can be a nice central point for forum members to go to find great Blitz games (I'll add it to my sig).

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
Buzzword is on Reflexive.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#3]
K thanks I'll add that soon. Over the Christmas period or in Jan. I'm building a list right now.

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#4]
Runaway Railroad isn't on their list:
http://www.moondoggieent.com/games/rrailroad.html

It isn't really ready as-is however because, well, I haven't been actively supporting it for years.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#5]
jhocking: So what does that mean? I should/shouldn't add it to my site? Does it have an affiliate scheme or is it on Reflexive? Thanks :-)

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#6]
Oh I meant you should check it out and tell me if it's worth updating to put on your site. I'm using BMT so perhaps I should just set up an affiliate scheme and then worry about updating it later; there are lots of changes I would want to make (limit the game more before purchase, make the controls simpler, port to BlitzMax so that I can compile this on Mac) but I don't have any time for the next several months at least.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#7]
Ok sure, in Jan when I'm adding more games, I'll check it out. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#8]
Grey- I'd love to be on there too if you'd have me.

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#9]
Sorry for my stupid question but what is BMT?
Grey: I will be very happy if I see my game Xplorer on this Portal but I really I don't know if my game is 'great'
It is true until know Xplorer didn't have any success...

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#10]
Tachyon: How could I not dude! How is your affilaite scheme set up? Via BMT?

Moraldi: www.bmtmicro.com are a well known online vendor that many Indie authors use, also Plimus is another one. I'll check out explorer again in Jan. Thx. I will admit I'm only looking for top level Blitz games otherwise I could put way too many on there.

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#11]
Grey: I'm on Plimus.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#12]
OK thx. I should've remembered as I bought it myself! doh.

TMK(Posted 2007) [#13]
Our four BlitzMax games are also on Plimus, I'd love to be added there too :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#14]
OK thx, will add to the list of games to consider.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#15]
If I select Adventure and press GO I get an error page!!

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#16]
youch, will check now. Hmm, which Browser please? On IE 6, Firefox (Mac) and Safari (Mac) the page refreshes but there are no games listed as that genre is currently empty.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#17]
IE 7 on Vista Business

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#18]
None of the categories in that dropdown work for me.

They link to :

http://www.greyaliengames.com/games.blitz.php?genre=1#games
Thru
http://www.greyaliengames.com/games.blitz.php?genre=17#games

But it's a 404 on all of them.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#19]
OK thx, I think I may know what it is now. Have you tried a refresh by the way? on mine they link to:

http://www.greyaliengames.com/index.php?genre=1#games

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#20]
Have you tried a refresh by the way?

I'm not sure what you mean by trying a refresh. If they're linking to the wrong URL then a refresh won't change anything. Or do you mean refresh the page before using the dropdown? Anyway although I wasn't expecting either to help, I've tried it both ways and it makes no difference.

Really? Because when I view the page source, it says :

<form method='GET' action='games.blitz.php#games'>

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#21]
yep and when I view the source I see:

<form method='GET' action='index.php#games'>

Originally, in development, the page WAS called games.blitz.php before I renamed it to make it live. I had to do a refresh for me browser to pickup the change...

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#22]
Well then I don't know what to tell you. I've just tried it in two browsers I've never used since installing Windows and it does exactly the same there too.

JazzieB(Posted 2007) [#23]
I can confirm what Gabriel is saying. I'm using Firefox and forced a page refresh before clicking a link. Are you sure that you have the latest version of the site uploaded? Or are not testing a local version?

Back on topic, I'd love to add my latest Rockfall game to your scheme as soon as I have it finished. Hopefully quite early on in the new year.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#24]
Gabriel: Yep my bad, sorry. I was tired last night and I was checking the home page which worked fine but the bug was on the Blitz page. I've fixed it now. Thanks for everyone point it out :-)

JazzieB: Rockfall will definitely go on there.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#25]
Works fine now!