Shoot to Kill

Community Forums/Showcase/Shoot to Kill

Doggie(Posted 2007) [#1]
Here's what I got so far. It's open source and I hope someone will like to add to it. I think it's kind of fun. At least a time waster. I forgot to mention in the readme to hit the "g" key for grenades and the right mouse for flamethrower.(flamethrower throws but doesn't burn or kill anything since I haven't bothered to code that in yet.)

http://files.filefront.com/shootrar/;9124400;/fileinfo.html

Thanks for trying it out

Dog

Stevie G(Posted 2007) [#2]
Any screenshots?

Doggie(Posted 2007) [#3]

If anyone can help out with how to load levels I'd appreciate it. It's funny, the editor can do it but the same code in the game doesn't work.

Thanks

Dog

Pete Carter(Posted 2007) [#4]
its ok it would be nice to have something to hide behind, your a bit of an easy target for the AI.

Doggie(Posted 2007) [#5]
Presently I'm stuck on getting it to load more than one level.
If I can tackle that then I will add a lot more to it.
I just got the enemy soldiers wandering around to get an idea what it'll be like.
I plan on adding target areas to attack and defend.
I'll also add sniper nests and armor and air support, maybe even some patrol boats. Just depends.

With the included level editor(HomeSpun reworked) you can add anything you like to your levels.

Doggie(Posted 2007) [#6]

Bump - added grass. Still having problems with level loading but getting closer. (as in sometimes yes sometimes DOH!)

Thnx fer lookin'

Dog

andy_mc(Posted 2007) [#7]
I'm having problems getting to the file to try this out, do you have another link for a download?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2007) [#8]
you have done well to make the game as I always like armys games.

Your last screenshot look great with all the grass :)

keep good work up.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#9]
Wow Doggie (ehrm, got it?) this is looking great! The last screen shows a real decent landscape IMHO. In the first screenie the trees have an extreme Hue range, so they don't fit together. Just fire up Photoshop, or the free Gimp or Artweaver and load all tree textures, then alter their Hue and Saturation until they all fit together.

Homespun still active, congrats.
So what is the problem with loading multiple levels? I think in order to solve problems it's most important to develop methods of "bug" isolation. You have to find the part that doesn't work, and you really need to concentrate on this isolation, once found, bugs are most times removed easily.

Keep it up.