Treasures of Ra

Community Forums/Showcase/Treasures of Ra

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2007) [#1]
Explore the ancient wonders of Egypt in this mind bending puzzle game. Puzzle your way through ruined temples and forgotten shrines, collecting treasures along the way.

Using mirrors, gems and other objects, you must direct the sunlight onto exit glyphs to solve each puzzle. Use crates to collect the treasures, but beware of pits and other dangers. Puzzle you way through 130 levels in 13 locations, or create your own with the built in level editor.

* Play the campaign game or seperate bonus levels.
* Explore 13 seperate locations.
* Puzzle through 130 different levels.
* Discover the secret location by collecting map fragments.
* Collect ancient treasures to increase your score.
* Create your own levels using the built in editor.

Treasures of Ra is now available on the Kudos Games website http://www.kudosgames.com

big10p(Posted 2007) [#2]
Cant see images. HTML doesn't work on these forums. Just paste the image URLs.

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2007) [#3]
yeah, wasn't sure how to do images but sorted it now ;)

big10p(Posted 2007) [#4]
Er, your website link doesnt seem to work, now. :)

I get some Zero One Design page.

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2007) [#5]
Pesky little full stops! should be ok now

big10p(Posted 2007) [#6]
Pretty neat game - puzzlers aren't really my thing, though; mainly because I'm not very good at them. :)

degac(Posted 2007) [#7]
Just see on indiegamer...downloading it now!
Very good! Congratulations!
(Some levels are very tricky!)

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
Cool, downloading now. Is this BMax?

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2007) [#9]
Yeah, it's Bmax :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#10]
Had a play, it's an interesting puzzle reminds me of an old game called Deflector although of course hat just had mirrors and not sliding blocks. This is nicely presented, but not 100% my scene as it doesn't feel exciting enough to me. However, I wish you very good luck with it.

Geehawk(Posted 2007) [#11]
I like the idea of this, and it was challenging, but it felt very slow and cumbersome. Having to click on the block to move, then click the direction, then wait for what seems like an age for it to move. It would also be nice to be able to move other blocks at the same time to speed things up a bit.

Was also disappointed to see that moving on to another location did not bring new graphics etc. just more of the same.

Solid idea, but IMO needs a faster method of control/movement to stop people just getting bored of waiting.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#12]
Ah yes I remember now, I was expecting click and drag to work, but I had to click an arrow instead thus slowing me down. Also I was wondering if the picture would change ever.

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2007) [#13]
Thanks for your comments. I would also have liked more backgrounds, but unfortunately I was limited by budget.

The arrows do not have to be clicked a second time - you can click the block then release the button when the arrow is highlighted (this was something I added in to make it quicker to use) but maybe it's not obvious enough? Good point about the movement speed though.