Holiday Bonus V1.02 - Please Test on 98/Vista

Community Forums/Showcase/Holiday Bonus V1.02 - Please Test on 98/Vista

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi, I've converted my Holiday Bonus game to use the latest version of my Game Framework. In theory this means that it should work fine on Vista and older OSes like 98/Me and it should have stable sound on those OSes too. Plus there's a few fixes etc.

Naturally I'm keen to test this out on more than the handful of PCs I can get hold of before I send it off to the portals, so if you can help me test it, I'd be very grateful, thanks in advance! :-)

http://www.greyaliengames.com/downloadtrack.php?id=0 (16.8 Mb)

Hope you like it!

MGE(Posted 2007) [#2]
what exactly IS that image right above the hint button? ;)

kragoth74(Posted 2007) [#3]
Lol.

SebHoll(Posted 2007) [#4]
Just downloaded and played a few levels on my Vista computer - no problems here. I have noticed that on my widescreen display some of the background images are slightly stretched and look a bit fat. Other than that, it's really nice! Well-done!

Steve Elliott(Posted 2007) [#5]
Runs well here (on XP). To be honest, who cares if it runs on Windows me? Yes I know. You deserve what you get if you're running Windows ME though.

That fireplace fire effect could be improved if I'm being picky - It's more like aero bubbles.

But a quality product Jake. Tell us more about your next game.

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#6]
Well... I know last year's full version runs on Vista, so it was not a surprise to me that 1.02 runs, too. :-)

Good work!

Barney

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#7]
JGOware: It's a bonus power gauge :-)

Thanks for testing all. Yeah the game doesn't properly support widescreen. Hopefully future games will.

Steve: Yeah I wanted ot improve it but ran out of time. It'll do. As for my next game, beta is released and it's out on December 6th on Big Fish Games. I'll post about it. Can't say more yet.

Barnabius: Thanks! Last year's version only used FreeAudio which didn't work well on most Vista machines and this year's uses OpenAL, so it should be better on lots.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
Well, just sent the new version off to 5 big portals that have accepted it again this year. Wish me luck! :-)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#9]
Good luck again mate, ;-)

Sorry, missed this thread else i'd have tested too!

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#10]
No worries and thanks. You saw the game last year right? If you have XP, it'll probably be fine anyway.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#11]
See, I inadvertantly stained my hard drive with vista, it's like red wine on a white carpet- you can't get rid of it.

So it's there and I could have tested. :-)

Yup, saw it last year, Takes a lot to get me into a match 3 but yours takes the cake.

josk(Posted 2007) [#12]
Great game, hope it does well for you.

Match 3 isn't usually my type of game but I think I will be getting this. My daughter loved it and I think it will keep the mother in law quiet at christmas.
Arghh the in laws are around Christmas day.

No problems on my vista machine. Is xmas bonus and easter bonus vista compatible?

The other indy game I was getting for the festive season is Eschalon.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#13]
josk: Great! Glad you like it - it is a family game for sure. My son loves the bonus items especially the mystery sacks on level 9. Yes those other two games will run on Vista, try the demos out. Holiday Bonus is the best though, but the others have different gameplay and more levels.

I agree that Eschalon is great! Played a lot of it so far.

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#14]
As for 98/me: how many ppl who can be considered Match3-audience would still run 98/me? It's not about what OS you or me should typically have, it's what the audience has that counts..

Steve Elliott(Posted 2007) [#15]
Good point.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#16]
josk: Thanks! Just saw the order, really appreciate that. Enjoy!

CS_TBL: Yeah it could be an extra 10% of sales so it's worth doing for sure.

josk(Posted 2007) [#17]
Just got back from work and found out my daughter has been playing this instead of doing her homework.

So long as she doesn't finish it before me.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#18]
haha cool. She's not the only one who's skipped homework to play my games!