A Mario Game

Community Forums/Showcase/A Mario Game

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#1]
Since one week, i was working on a mario game and it will be free...
I called it Mario Salto...

Using the same pathern as Candy World, Mario Salto enables you to grab coin, cherries and vegetables...

Theres 7 worlds to explore, 25 projected in the theme of 7 grass, 3 desert, 3 haunted mension, 3 tropical isle, 3 winter and many more...

JustLuke(Posted 2007) [#2]
Aaaaaaaaaarrrrgh!

Ked(Posted 2007) [#3]
Xilvan or Xylvan, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!

Create your own game idea. DO NOT USE CHARACTERS FROM COPYRIGHTED GAMES!!!!11one

kragoth74(Posted 2007) [#4]
Stop him !! Someone, please...

_33(Posted 2007) [#5]
Using a Blitz product to show off copyrighted Nintendo asset IMHO is a big no no.

My 2 cents

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#6]
Using a Blitz product to show off copyrighted Nintendo asset IMHO is a big no no.

You'd better do two things then. Firstly, check the sample folder which comes with Blitz3D. Then fire off an email to Mark Sibly.

_33(Posted 2007) [#7]
You'd better do two things then. Firstly, check the sample folder which comes with Blitz3D. Then fire off an email to Mark Sibly.

Markio is definately not copyrighted Nintendo asset.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#8]
Oh, well that's a relief then. It's fortunate that the "because I said so" argument is a well-established legal defence against copyright infringement.

EDIT: And for future reference, please don't email me to complain about personal attacks where they don't exist. There is absolutely nothing in the above sentence which possibly amounts to a personal attack. If you want a private forum where no one can ever have a different opinion from you, that's fine, but I don't recall reading in the rules for this forum that I'm never allowed to politely share an opposing view.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2007) [#9]

Stop him !! Someone, please...

Agreed.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#10]
Looks like the mario i ripped, rigged and animated.
I think a bit of credit is due for that please.

ps im sorry my mario has had to show up in this, i think i did him/am doing him a greater justice in my game engine which im porting to bmax+tv3d.

very very old demo

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=69195

Picklesworth(Posted 2007) [#11]
Looks like Mario to me :/
What's that leaf (screenshots 2 and 3) all about?

Nice sky and grass, by the way; kind of fluffy.

I do agree, however: It would be more interesting, as well as more legal, to do your own franchise here. Additionally, people will find all manner of things wrong with this because they know how Mario should feel, but if you were to create your own character, there would not be such problems.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#12]
Im sorry but this is very poor, you just keep sticking stuff into your rpg engine thingy and passing it of as gameA, gameB etc.

Makes me want to post a new demo of my 3d platformer engine( resists very hard), now with that i could stick in a different character, change their move/commandset, set some new control values and fob it of as a totally different game with a new feel with excellent controls+camera+physics etc.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#13]
If you want a legal game from me please try Candy World or LOD (Copyrighted)...
One of my friend modeller ripped the models for me... U took it from Mario DS or Mario Sunshine...

I thought this game would amaze you

I found the idea in the blitz samples : Markio... I thought Mario could be great with Candy World's graphics and I saw Sinu's works... Its look like ur having competition sinu ;o)

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#14]
I think I will rip out 'Xylvan' Character from the LOD game and put him into a connect 4 game to 'amaze you all'

Anatoly(Posted 2007) [#15]
Xylvan should make a new type of game... With the name like "Super Angelical Age of Candy Dreams: Golden Lights Blade of the World of SPOT THE DIFFERENCE":

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#16]
No xylvan your friend didn't rip/model these for you, it's the model i ripped from mario kart dd and i rigged+animated them myself, the file sizes, names, animations etc are identical!!

And in no way is this competition to my work, it doesn't matter how much you think it does, it doesn't come close, not in a million years. The mechanics of this are terrible and i could make them with a few lines of code. mine blows this away.

ps im just waiting for xylvan's 3d game making software ;-(

Ked(Posted 2007) [#17]
I thought this game would amaze you

It did amaze me... and probably many others.

AND:
It took you a week to switch in a couple of models?

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#18]
Dont worry I will not sell it not even distributing it on the net... I'm deleting all the files on the internet too... sorry but I will work on Candy World...

Can I see a demo of ur game sinu i'm really impressed by the work you've done...

Ked(Posted 2007) [#19]
Can I see a demo of ur game sinu i'm really impressed by the work you've done...

Sinu, I would totally not do it. Why? He might put Candy World's models into your demo and try to pass that off. I would *NOT* be surprised.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#20]
Sorry but I think that no one of you should see the game completed cause its illegal XD...

Candy World models is made my me and my modeller... LOD models too !

Please delete this post...

No one on the blitz forum can make game like this... even mark silby :P

If u have guts show me if you are soooo good !

Loktar(Posted 2007) [#21]
Sometimes I feel bad for poor Xylvan... but then I read one of his posts. Lol in all seriousness though it's cool you have an engine you can drop models into and change pretty easily to make a "new game" but I would work on the mechanics of your engine a bit more and take some of the constructive criticism others have gave you and put it to good use.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#22]
i only used mario to try and clone the feel of his first 3d platformer mario64. i wouldn't make a full game with him but would allow modding of the engine to have it like mario64 or any other old 3d platformer.

In my engine, it's not just a case of dropping in a few new models. The way the player reacts to the world, his controls and moves, the camera and everything else can be modified very simply.

ps xylvan, i think your trying to hard to get people to like your work, if it's good they will. Just don't force it on people or try to make it sound 'amazing'. Let others say it is, if it is :-)

JA2(Posted 2007) [#23]
I'm making a new RPG called "Age of Bones". You play as Candy Apple, a stripper who has just turned 18. Your quest is simple, find as many bones as you can. The game takes place in over 216 strip clubs with 38 playable strippers and 14 pimps.

Look out for this title in the near future. It will be published by Microsoft or Nintendo or Sony.

You will all be amazed...

No one on Earth can make a game like this. Not even Xylvan!

puki(Posted 2007) [#24]
If u have guts show me if you are soooo good!

The buildings in my game are from Oblivion, the main characters are from Dark Messiah Might and Magic - some old threads - the media in general (sound/textures/music/speech, etc) is pooled from a 100GB collection:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=67011

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=61319

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=60753

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#25]
No one on the blitz forum can make game like this... even mark silby :P

Is this guy just intentionally winding us up?

Isn't there a kiddie forum where he can go and play?

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#26]
I have to say that I have seen some of the more recent work which (tu) Sinu has done and I don't think he will mind me saying that his work is very close to Ninty's in terms of mechanics and feel.

That may seem to some an over exaggeration, but it really isn't - his work is the summation of five years coding and refining, and I haven't seen anything which rivals it in the indie/hobby world.

IPete2.

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#27]
Sorry, my comment above probably seems intentionally cruel.

Let's put it this way...

Puki worried me, until I got used to his particularlty warped brand of humour.
Now he seems like a breath of fresh air (with a wicked grin), and I look forward to his posts and comments.

But Xylvan - just appears to be so serious about all this.
Which wouldn't be so bad, but I detect _no_ humour in his posts.
Then when he acts 'cleverer than you' to some of the best coders on here, and even the great Saint Mark...

Well, that just comes across as sad.
Or juvenile.

No - this post was no better, was it.
<Sigh> I'll stop now.