Alientrails 1.00 realeased

Community Forums/Showcase/Alientrails 1.00 realeased

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#1]
(Alientrails is the screen saver formally known as Barf!)

Alientrails is a gory screen saver that wobbles, writhes and ripples. Think alien entrails, think Alientrails.

For those of you that like something a little out of the ordinary, something grotesque and squirming, Alientrails is the screen saver for you. Innocent victims of Alientrails have been heard to remark "that's not very nice is it?"

Alientrails will run in every 3D resolution your graphics card supports and can even update your desktop wallpaper with a random alien entrail.

So what are you waiting for, disturb someone today, try Alientrails.

http://www.boiledsweets.com/Alientrails

What's New
---------------
Created DEMO version and disabled certain features, added nags etc

Website and mail links in the configuration were incorrect – fixed

Added 10 more textures (total 30)

Added option to change the oscillation style – assigned to the S key

Added option to change oscillations speed

Added option to allow the oscillation style to change after a set amount of time

Added options to change the texture after a set amount of time, the rotation and motion speed

Added a front end configuration

Added a full installer / uninstaller

Added 2 more types of ripple effect (total 3)

Adjusted the existing background textures

Can now take screen shots

Can now auto update the desktop wallpaper on exit

Added FPS counter and extended stats

Added F1 help display

N(Posted 2007) [#2]
This is really, really... bad. It's a plane with a sine wave. The least you could have done is created a generic sort of curvy cylinder that looped around like intestines, but this is just boring. The textures, while filteriffic and not exactly great, are fitting for the price, but otherwise this is just kind of disappointing, especially after the initial picture I'd seen of the project.

agent4125(Posted 2007) [#3]
Cool concept. I was hoping the pulsating would be a bit more grotesque, though.

Also, I'd recommend doing a YouTube video. And it could use sound -- like, record yourself eating a chicken salad and Jello sandwich with your mouth open, right next to a microphone.

(great textures though)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks for your opinion, glad you like it!

As usual I'll continue to develop stuff some people like and buy and others don't...

qoob? qoob? forgive me...

Loktar(Posted 2007) [#5]
Its pretty cool but I think $11.54 might be a bit much. I sell all of mine except 1 for $5. The only one I have for $10 is my forest screensaver. Do you get quite a few sales at that price with your others? Just wondering because I want to sell for $10 but am afraid its too much.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#6]
I've been meaning to reduce the price of my screen savers for a while, and now have done so.