A Big Thank You to Mark

Community Forums/Showcase/A Big Thank You to Mark

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#1]
Especially since there seems to have been a lot of criticism of late, a big thanks is long overdue:

Thanks Mark, for creating the only language (I've ever known) with which you can
- kick off a fun idea in 10 lines
- develop it to 'hey, this is working' in 50 lines
- and then take it all the way to pro-sellable level.

My latest 10-liner ('Can I rotate a sphere round a sphere?') to 50-liner ('I wonder if I could build the Solar System?'):

Thanks Mark, for 5+ years of great fun.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#2]
I SECOND THAT!

Amon(Posted 2007) [#3]
WORD! :)

Loktar(Posted 2007) [#4]
Yeah thank you, without these great products I would of missed out on long hours of fun.

*(Posted 2007) [#5]
Blitz has come a long way since BlitzBasic2D it will be interesting to see where its going to end up this time.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#6]
Hey sometimes I'm one of the moaners, but I'm still here because it's my fave language for just the reasons John mentions.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#7]
Yep I would definately support that thought John - B3d is a great language and even DX7 stands the test of time if you use it wisely.

Okay my projects don't quite look like the latest PS3 and XBOX360 games, but I reckon I can match most things on the Wii - lol

IPete2.

Pete Carter(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yeah Thanks Mark!

puki(Posted 2007) [#9]
I have always championed Blitz3D. Loved Blitz since 1991/92. Never been keen on Bmax though.

I still believe that Blitz3D v2 is a required product.

6(Posted 2007) [#10]
I'd like to say a big thanks to Mark too.

After only having used the software for about 3 weeks I'm already past the development stage I got to while using C++ and OpenGL. And that took me 2 years to reach!!

I'd also like to say thanks to the Blitz community for being so open with their coding secrets and snip-it's. I haven't had to ask any questions yet as all the answers can be found just by reading old posts.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#11]
BPlus was great for fun, BMax is EVEN better and it's suitable for professional games and I love it. I even owe my current career to Mark as I'm not sure if I'd be making games in C++ or C# right now if I hand't found BPlus 3 years ago.

Thanks Mark.

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#12]
After only having used the software for about 3 weeks I'm already past the development stage I got to while using C++ and OpenGL. And that took me 2 years to reach!!

Thanks 6. My point exactly. I've forgotten how many languages I've used over the years, but all had a ridiculous 'learning phase', months -> years - some seeming to be intentionally obtuse as if they wanted to keep it only for the 'men in white coats'.

How many other languages do you know that are fun from day-one, and give you pretty much instant results.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#13]
Yeah C++ is a vast language too from what I hear.

I have just begun to re-kindle my desire to learn C# which looks far more sensible and being modern, has hopefully learned a lot from the older C and C++. Only time will tell.

IPete2.

UUICEO(Posted 2007) [#14]
I love the Blitz Products. They are very easy to learn and from not knowing anything about Blitz Plus at all I wrote my current program (PFC) and have been working on it for just over a month now and I'm adding to it every day. Thanks Mark!! Great Product!

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#15]
The blitz lanuages are a canvas. We are the artists. Thanks Mark!

stayne(Posted 2007) [#16]
I couldn't agree more. Thanks Mark.

Zenith(Posted 2007) [#17]
Yes, congrats and thanks Mark, I may have given my criticism at times, but it's actually healthy, and scientifically provable. ;)

I still use Blitz3d.. Did you know that?

semar(Posted 2007) [#18]
I definately second that. Blitz3D brings pure fun - thanks Mark Sibly !

Sergio.