Dax Robot Test

Community Forums/Showcase/Dax Robot Test

Amon(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi!

Dax Robot is a Platform game I'm working on. I still have a lot of work to do on the game but thought I'd release a Pre Beta so people can test the Map Editor and give me some feedback.

Screenies:

Download here:

http://www.kamikazekrow.com/projects/DaxRobot_Alpha1_.zip
============================================

Press F6 to go into the factory. It's the only mode that works but does allow you to load/save maps, make your own and test it out.

Use the keyboard Arrow Keys to move left and right and hit spacbar to jump.

When making a map make sure to have atleast 1 Energytile on screen for you to collect. Collecting all the energy tiles completes the map. The shield, Transporters, Conveyer Belts, Magnets and bombs are all workable except for the bombs not inflicting damage when they explode. Will add this feature in soon.

Once the game is complete I may sell it for a small fee or release the game as free but have the offer to buy the source code, again for a small fee.

:)

Amon(Posted 2007) [#2]
I just figured out that this site doesn't like file links with ( ) characters in them. Changing them to underscores seems to have made the link now work. :)

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#3]
HIya Amon,

Looks like a great piece of work dude. I will try to download and play tomorrow. Good luck with it all.

IPete2.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#4]
Cool, really nice to see you getting so far with a game. I'll wait until there are some built in playable levels before giving it a go.

Jesse(Posted 2007) [#5]
nice Amon, I hope you finish it. I think it has apeal to it. the most important thing is that you don't loose interest.
I did a tank game a while back that has tile scrolling but I still am not finished with it( limited time, work and family, and my lost of interest in it). if you are interested in trying it you can download it here:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/gds/viewentry.asp?projectid=427815
I am starting a Platform game Super mario style. Because of my lack of drawing talent, I am going to use the free graphics by Ari Feldman:
http://www.flyingyogi.com/fun/spritelib.html
I started making the tile map editor allready. it is going to be a slow process working only a couple of hours a day sometimes a couple of hours a week.

Anyway good luck with your game.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#6]
Hi Jesse. Thanks for the comments. :)

Yeah there's been times where I've lost interest simply because I have badly designed the code layout. Basically I didn't have a plan at the begining and just started working off the code you sorted for me. It slowly turned in to this.

I would rewrite the whole game but that would take ages so I'll hamper on with this one and see if I can finish it.

:)

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#7]
The graphics are very nice. Did you do them? Will try to find time to download and play a bit tomorrow.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yep! All graphics done by me. The SFX were created with Quadrasid and Fruityloops. The intro song is from softwerks.de.