qoob - v0.10

Community Forums/Showcase/qoob - v0.10

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#1]
Yes it's true. The next version will be out very soon.

qoob was our first ever Blitz3D project and has been under development for 5 years now :-(

Since starting qoob we have completed many other projects not just B3D but VB and Mobile 6 apps.

Anyhow we are gearing up to release the next version, some major changes and performance increases.

We have learned an awful lot over the 5 years and would certainly do things differently now but qoob will be what it is. We really cannot go back and start from scratch as it will never get finished.

Anyhow some screenies - here's the world editor...

And here's an in game shot...

New version will be out within weeks and the final finished version by Xmas.

What is qoob?

qoob is a game of skill, cunning and strategy!

You are trapped in the qoob hexiverse. The only way to escape is to decrypt the 36 bit qoob hexiverse code. To decrypt the hexiverse code you have to visit every qoob world and obtain it's 1 bit world code. The world code can be obtained by locating the code key and code terminal.

Sounds easy but you are up against the clock and there are many puzzles, tricks and traps to prevent your success.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#2]
Yeah, I remember qoob 1.0! It used to remind me of "Descent", an early fps shooter with zero-gravity tunnel systems.

So now there are stairs in space? Pretty nightmareish - in a fascinating way.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#3]
Just accept it, qoob is weird ;-)

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#4]
Look forward to it. I tested the last version.

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#5]
Looking good.
Could be very original.

dreadcog(Posted 2007) [#6]
Am I the only person that bought a pre-release copy? Thought so. LOL

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#7]
@Ogre1138,

no you weren't. v10 is a big improvement on v9 and the final game will be better still. Thanks for purchasing.