Lights of Dreams Walkthrought

Community Forums/Showcase/Lights of Dreams Walkthrought

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#1]
Xilvan Design has released the seven first parts of its
Age of Dreams / Lights of Dreams Walkthrough...

The text is in French/English and there is screenies for altmost each situation that happens in the game. You can make the solo quest, fight or explore every corner of the game...

Heres your chance to get throught the game...
Download this file (6 MB):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qun5hb
You must puchase the game to get this far, but you can make all the way the demo's quest with this walkthrough...

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#2]
Its 'Walkthrough' no 't' on the end.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#3]
Sorry, I'm french, I'd always thought it took a 't' at the end

TaskMaster(Posted 2007) [#4]
You didn't release that game very long ago. Why are you releasing a Walk Through already? Or, is it meant to be a tutorial?

ervin(Posted 2007) [#5]
Hi Xylvan.

Your walkthrough looks very interesting.

However, 36MB for a walkthrough consisting of 7 documents is very inefficient. People on slow internet connections won't even bother clicking the Download button.
Uncompressed it is 216MB!!!
There are much better methods of distributing a document than RTF format. Images in RTF format are probably stored as uncompressed bitmaps, which takes a lot of space!
I converted all 7 documents to pdf (using CutePDF Writer), and the TOTAL size of these 7 documents is 4.1MB.

This is something worth considering, and you may get more downloads of the walkthrough.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#6]
I uploaded CutePDF and applied it to all the 7 documents... I got a total of 5.5 MB !!!

Thanks for helping me all !

Heres the new downsized walkthrough
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qun5hb

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#7]
I've added some cool effects when the character use Magic... some tricky effects when he drink potion or recharge his soul with a soul regenerator...

The green potion has now an awesome vertue: the one of killing every ennemies in the world, even in the donjons and temples...

I released the demo some hours ago, enjoy ! I'm at the v1.97 of the game... Version 1.98 and 1.99 will be about new items added to LOD... Rock restorer, Ennemies smash, slow ascending, flash...

Version 2.00 will be Angels of Dreams and should be great... It will features new ennemies, new story and new characters...

I'm up to start my new game...
Angels of Dreams : The Captive Souls

I will use "Aion" like storyline and combat with online chat, meeting, combat, team, quest... the game should be priced less than 30.00$

JustLuke(Posted 2007) [#8]
I like how you've transformed your walkthrough thread into yet another thread promoting Lights of Dreams. You cunning devil.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#9]
not again...

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#10]
Blitz Research - can you give Xylvan his own forum please.

Something like:

Blitz Showcase
Xylvan Showcase
Graphics Showcase
Content Creation Tools
General Discussion

Steve Elliott(Posted 2007) [#11]

not again...

*Sigh*

Show people what you're working on, complete it then offer for testing and feedback (listen to feedback and make adjustments). When happy with product (and concerns have been addressed) ship the thing - then shut-up about it!!

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#12]
I just downloadedand installed the new demo to see if you had made adjustments based on all our feedback...It seems your game now MAV's on startup.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#13]
I forgot a file in the installer !
I correct it now...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#14]
You should install and test every release on a computer that does not contain any of your development stuff. Cause models often contain full paths to files, they will be found on your machine in every case (even if you start your game from an other folder), but will be missing on an other machine.

You may also use Paragon Martition manager to add a new partition to your harddrive, then install a virgin OS, takes only a few Gigabytes (Win98 or a slim XP distro suggested).
Paragon then allows to hide one partition and boot the other partition, so you get a completely new system, using the same hardware.

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#15]
You should also get an old 700mhz/1ghz system for testing. There only about £30 on the bay now.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#16]
I have a old 1.6ghz and it works just fine... but its very slow... The demo has been tested prolly and I hope u will be amazed...

Thanks for your suggestion they are reviewed...