New casusl game Gems Legend: Mystery of the 8 figu

Community Forums/Showcase/New casusl game Gems Legend: Mystery of the 8 figu

sulusgames(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi,

Just complete working on our new casual game Gems Legend:)
Developed in BlitzMAX.

Screenshot:

Download link:
http://www.sulusgames.com/downloads/gemslegendsetup.exe
File size: 26mb

Please play and have fun!

degac(Posted 2007) [#2]
Nice, well done.
PS: when you are into the temple you cannot exit to the menu (If I'm not blind...), you need to choose a 'portal' and then click on 'menu' button to exit...

JustLuke(Posted 2007) [#3]
Not my sort of game, I'm afraid, but nice artwork!

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#4]
Played 3 levels, very nicely done. Great graphics and effects and a novel take on the match-3 idea. I noticed that you can make several oves at once though, you have to wait for the current move to complete.

Also I wondered if having both red and yellow as ROUND shapes would be a problem for colour blind people. Maybe it won't be but I always try to make the shapes different.

Good luck with this, it's very polished.

UUICEO(Posted 2007) [#5]
very nice game. I played all the free levels. I did notice that if you create more sets right at the point where your gold is full it seems to take a lot longer to get to the part where the gold comes shooting out of the little statue.

JazzieB(Posted 2007) [#6]
Nice little game and well done. I got as far as the middle of the third set before I ran out of time. Just a few things...

1. Don't really like how it automatically starts a game as soon as you've entered a name for your profile the first time it is run. Should really go to the main menu ... especially as you have some help and the options screen there.

2. I tested this under Vista and I'm sorry to have to report that you have the dreaded 1 second delay on sound effects and music playing. You need to check and swap to the DirectSound or OpenAL driver instead.

3. And lastly, it doesn't un-install itself cleanly, as it leaves saves and player profiles behind. These should either be deleted as well, or the user given a choice whether to keep them or not. I fell for this one on one of my projects too!

Other than those comments, it's a really polished game and you deserve to do well with it. As it's a BlitzMax game, you should consider releasing a Mac version at some point in the future.

Good job.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#7]
I agree on all of JazzieB's points. I noticed point no. 1 too and thought it was weird...

Innosetup can be forced to clean out a path no matter what is in it.

In theory Direct Sound is the safest but it's crackly and noisy, I don't like it, so I'm using OpenAL with Generic Software Mixer but there are reports of it not working on some Vista PCs (works on mine, I need to test on more...)

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
Don't forget to add the game to this list:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=69886

sulusgames(Posted 2007) [#9]
Hi Guys! Thanks for feedbacks.

Just working on some optimization with graphics and music(OpenAL->OggStream)

If you have a PC with Pentium 600-1Ghz, 128Mb-256Mb, and built-in video card or videocard16-64mb. Please test the game.
And please test in WindowsVista OS:)

New version will be in next 2-3 days.
I'll tell you if newer version will be available!

Thanks!

sulusgames(Posted 2007) [#10]
2 GreyAlien

Of course - i will add to this list. But after some testing and bug fixing:)

Neuro(Posted 2007) [#11]
Nice demo, great artwork. Did you do the graphics yourself?

sulusgames(Posted 2007) [#12]
Yes graphics is made by us. Right now renewing a girl.