(PFC) Patch File Creator v1.3.0 By Reality Crafter

Community Forums/Showcase/(PFC) Patch File Creator v1.3.0 By Reality Crafter

UUICEO(Posted 2007) [#1]
Greetings;
I just wanted to Introduce you to Patch File Creator aka (PFC). I started working on PFC a little over a month ago and it has grown a lot since then. To see some Screen Shots of PFC please visit http://creativemindsdevelopment.com/forum/

Key features of PFC include:
Playing music while patching
Ability to run the patcher in automatic mode
Patch File Compression
Ability to change the patcher's text to customize it to your game/company.
Portable to any game engine.
Ability to have Transparent Backgrounds
Use Graphical Buttons with normal, mouse over and click images.

Most of the key features are in the registered and PRO versions however you are still able to use PFC in it's unregistered state with the standard non-graphical patcher window with only Patch and Play buttons.

If you would like to give PFC a try, you can Download a copy http://realitycrafters.com/Distribution_v130.exe

As always, any feedback is welcome. If you have any questions you can either post them here or Email me at UUICEO@.... I respond quickly to emails.

LiamShearer(Posted 2007) [#2]
What language are you able to develop 'non-game' apps. like this one?

BlitzMax?

Can you use Blitz3D?

I only have blitz3d.

LiamShearer(Posted 2007) [#3]
nvm, you need blitzmax with the gui pack... right?

UUICEO(Posted 2007) [#4]
I build this using Blitz Plus.

LiamShearer(Posted 2007) [#5]
ok thanks

UUICEO(Posted 2007) [#6]
I am curious if anyone here has tested PFC yet? If so, how did it work for you and did you notice anything that could be different? PFC still has a long way to go but I think it's a very good App at this point.

Also, I have a Demo of the Patcher only if anyone is interested in testing it, you can DL the Patcher demo at http://pfc.realitycrafters.com/demo/TEST_Patcher.rar

N(Posted 2007) [#7]
Built using BlitzPlus? Nevermind, it's useless to me then. Good work, but I need something that will work on more than Windows.

UUICEO(Posted 2007) [#8]
If you checked our website you would have noticed that this is getting ported to Bmax to allow support for Linux and OSX.

N(Posted 2007) [#9]
If you checked our website you would have noticed that this is getting ported to Bmax to allow support for Linux and OSX.
I didn't see that, but it's still useless right now. Just start a new thread when it's done. At any rate, again, good work, just not something that's worth anything (to me) right now.

UUICEO(Posted 2007) [#10]
We have officially begun Beta testing on PFC v1.4. As of this posting there have been no bug reports since I released it for Download several hours ago.. So it's looking good so far.. But, that can always change. hehehe.

What has been added in v1.4?

Well, the main things added were Bit Patching and the FTP upload tool. There were many fix's and upgrades to existing code to make PFC much faster and some of the items from the old PFCBuild menu were removed to remove possible crashes if things weren't turned on/off correctly in all the different editors. Currently these are the key features of PFC:
@ = PRO Registration
# = Indy/PRO registration

Bit Patching of files to create very small updates @

Patcher Window editor with click and drag ability for easy patcher layout

Patcher text editor to allow you to customize what text is displayed to the end user by the patcher

Patch File Compression to make very small archived patches which will aid in less DL time for your users @

Ability to use either normal or Skinned Patcher window (with or without a title bar)

Ability to use Transparent Backgrounds (Using background images requires a minimum of Indy Registration)

FTP Upload tool designed especially for PFC. If registered you can automatically upload your patch files to your server immediately after the patch is created. Unregistered will have to do it manually.

Encrypted PATCH.CFG files to prevent your end users from changing the patching process.

Portable to ANY game engine or most any application at all that needs patching.

Ability to play music while patching your application.

Superior Customer service from the CMD team.

LOTS More updates planed.

Single time registration and never any online revalidation's.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#11]
Is there an actual website somewhere? All I can find is direct download links and a link to a page which is supposed to contain screenshots but actually just contains a coming soon notice and a link to forums.

UUICEO(Posted 2007) [#12]
Our website is in the process of being built.. There is a DL link in our forum along with all information relating to PFC.

http://creativemindsdevelopment.com/forum/

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#13]
Yeah, I don't want to download anything, I just wondered if there was a site where I could read more about it. Sounds like I'll just need to be patient. Thanks for the info.