Candy World : The Golden Bone

Community Forums/Showcase/Candy World : The Golden Bone

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#1]
Started in 2006, my heart's project Candy World has restarted due to the end of the development of Lights of Dreams : The Angelical Blade...

My dog Candy(who passed away in 2001 at 14) is the main character of this child and adult game named Candy World : The Golden Bone... Made in parallel with AnoDO aka Angels of Dreams Online, this game will sure warm your heart of seeing Candy alive again and ready to entertain you and the blitz community...

In the game (the demo), you can do:
-Walk
-Run
-Jump
-Teleport using portals( like LOD )
-Grab bones -> 100 per levels... When you reach 100 you can go to the next level by going throught the portal...
-Save/Load up to 10 progress files

Actually theres 4 levels designed and 15 to 32 projected...

Here is the screenshots(sorry for te wait)

heres the link to download the first long demo(include installer):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4o9opm

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#2]
Screenshots?

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hey this looks cool. There was a PS2 game a while ago where you were a dog and you ran round collecting bones - "It's a dogs life" I think. My kids might like this.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks, i'm up to improve the gameplay, make sounds and add worlds... Lights of Dreams : The Angelical Blade is done and i'm planning Angels of Dreams Online (AnoDO)...

Fuller(Posted 2007) [#5]
this might actually be nice. I'll download the demo too see how it plays

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#6]
...it warms my heart to see him alive again, never thought I ever would.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#7]
Xilvan, at the moment this looks like Lights of Dreams with a dog. Can you at least change your color scheme?

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#8]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

IPete2

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#9]
I'm making a demo with some nice NPCs... My actual Dog Snoopy... He guides Candy throught her adventure...

I'm remaking the color sheme to make the game look more unique than the last version... Many bugs are fixed and I have a dog modeller for Candy...

The quest in the third demo (the next one) will be to find out Snoopy's ball throught the 4 available worlds talks to Snoopy, Moary and his other friend to find the ball and you will end the first quest of the game...

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#10]
It's obvious that the important thing for him is to keep his name at the top of this forum.

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#11]
Xilvan, why don't you start up a blog? http://www.blogger.com its free, and you can write all your thoughts on game design and keep everyone updated on your game, and we can all subscribe your your blog and learn about Candy and his doggy friends the moment you put something on there!!!!11

Plus people from outside the Blitz world will be able to see your --**AMAZING**-- stuff, so you will probably get more sales and attention! wow! blogger! wow!......blogger!

http://www.blogger.com wow!

JustLuke(Posted 2007) [#12]
Boomboom's idea is a good one, Xilvan. Alternatively keep all your posts in one thread.

This game does seem spookily similar to Lights of Dreams, but I hope you use the experience of making that game to improve this one. Good luck with it!

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#13]
It's obvious that the important thing for him is to keep his name at the top of this forum.

I can't imagine anyone slaving away making new games purely so they've got something to post about here. Regardless, anyone who is productive enough to keep writing games has every right to post about them.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#14]
This game has everything; dogs, bones, stones, trippy plants and warp gates. It's good that you are productive Xilvan and believe in yourself. I like seeing new posts in the showcase that are actual games.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#15]
WHy are there so many people picking on him? go for it- i agree with the blog idea, and keep going forward!

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#16]
New demo Released !!! Play as Candy to find Snoopy's Ball...

Theres alot of improvement listed before... The dog modeller finished his job and I did the texture work...

Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tb4gye

Ked(Posted 2007) [#17]
WHy are there so many people picking on him?

You haven't heard about him asking for feedback and when people post their feedback he ignores it and he keeps asking for it?

ON TOPIC-
Xilvan,
This product looks a lot better than your Lights/Ages/Fields/etc of Dreams product. I just have one minor, tiny, small suggestion: lose the snow. It's kind of out of place with the blue skies and all.

Thank you for your cooperation, it is greatly appreciated.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#18]
heres new screenies of Candy World

I will make an option which will enable or disable snow or pollen...

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#19]
For disabling snow : press F4 and hit F4 again to reenabling it...

I'm working on the worlds and mission of Candy World... The demo is done so I will deliver a fully working game in some months...

This is the last demo for Candy World : The Golden Bones at the moment the product should be done in several months...

The game should be sold with Lights of Dreams at 7.50$... There will be a bundle of LOD and CW(Candy World) at 12.50 $ in December... Enjoy the demo !

Picklesworth(Posted 2007) [#20]
Looks good. The grass is flawed at the moment, though. As with LoD's grass, it is distributed in straight lines, so the pattern is completely obvious (thus, very ugly looking).

I suggest that you throw in some random numbers to mix it up a little, so no boring pattern can be seen in the distribution of grass sprites. Have each sprite offset within some limit (grid cell size), and maybe have the chance that a grass sprite does not appear at some places.

Finally, those grass sprites all seem to be the same colour, which again looks boring and out of place. It is possible to get the colour of the underlying texture at a particular point so that the sprite has the same colour as the grass texture it is meant to be an extension of.

caff_(Posted 2007) [#21]
There's so many bugs in this demo, I'd need to call Rentokil.

Stevie G(Posted 2007) [#22]
I'm going to be completely honest here and say that it needs alot of work.

As others have mentioned, the snow?? is out of place.
The day / night transition freezes the game for a second - if it must happen - suggest less frequency.
The shadow under the dog is buggy on uneven land.
The dog control needs alot of work as does the collision detection.
It looks exactly like your last game, albeit with a dog as the main avitar.

The graphics are not bad but I didn't find it fun and got bored very quickly. I'm pointing out the obvious here but the finished game needs to have far more to do than simply collecting bones. Note that that doesn't mean adding in another 200 levels and having 10 dogs to choose from :)

Anywho, good luck with it.

Stevie

Zenith(Posted 2007) [#23]
so its just that Dreams game with animals now? neat

Ked(Posted 2007) [#24]
I downloaded the demo just to see how it was. The models are good. The terrain is way too big for just collecting bones. I really enjoyed the warping effect (all sarcasm set aside). I liked how I went into the warp zone then the camera zoomed toward me and my new location. Yeah. So thats my mini review.

Good job.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#25]
Thanks I will take in mind your advice and I will Make more than one mission per world(Maybe 7 like Mario 64)

I will change the grass layout to make it not linear...
I will change the grass color and make it change of size and place...

Edit
Changes done and applied to te demo !

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#26]
The link to LOD demo in your sig is bust.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#27]
Fixed...

I've changed the grass layout to make it appear all mixed to the scene...

Now I'm making worlds for Candy World...

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#28]
Try the amazing Candy World Game version 0.8... more speed, ennemies, items...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gdoquq

-5 kinds of trees
-Pastries and freezby to grab with bones
-Ennemies to fight
-Hearth container
-7 worlds to discover and resolve

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#29]
Do you have to add something like "amazing" to your own game? Let us decide if it's amazing or not. It's so repulsive... No offense but it's nowhere "amazing".

Good luck with it.

dreadcog(Posted 2007) [#30]
Looking amazing Xylvan! The final product should be a real treat to play.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#31]
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e7j0fr

I,m working on trees and worlds... now the seven world was the last ones to be in the demo i will call it demo version 1.0... the game is more fluid now and I hope selling it by the end of December...

I'm working on Mario Universe, a 3D plateformer with mario as the main character... but I dont think it should be posted on this forum ! Cause of legal issues... I should ask first...

Ked(Posted 2007) [#32]
I'm working on Mario Universe, a 3D plateformer with mario as the main character...

That has lawsuit written all over it.

I should ask first...

I wouldn't bother. They aren't going to let you ruin the Mario series with a joke called "Mario Universe."

_33(Posted 2007) [#33]
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=1eBowNd_Rhc

Ked(Posted 2007) [#34]
Hey. That kind of looks cool. Is it a fan-made game?

_33(Posted 2007) [#35]
I'm not sure, but this one is real:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27584.html

Ked(Posted 2007) [#36]
I've seen that one before, but the whole thing. It was being reviewed (?) on G4.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#37]
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4o9opm

This is the latest demo of Candy World ever made and it will be released on download.com...

enjoy !