UI of Dreams - WIP

Community Forums/Showcase/UI of Dreams - WIP

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#1]
'Twas a rainy day in hell (or, more accurately : -26.040286,28.012052), Brianson and Nicolius were quite depressed, what with the recent storm having blown their wings off, making it difficult to go very far quickly.

Fortunately, a bunch of fairies in a bakkie were driving past handing out cans of Red Bull to the sounds of Angels on HighVeld...

Once the party was over, there were no fancy 3D graphics, nor strangely configured controls, only a small > zip file < (1.3mb) for windows, containing what appeared to be an executable and some related source code.

...coming soon to a cross-platform BlitzMax near you...

:o)

Filax(Posted 2007) [#2]
Whahou !! Great brucey ! Can't wait :)

Stevie G(Posted 2007) [#3]
Suggest you contact Atari or Midway - they've been looking to get into the spreadsheet market for a while!

Jake L.(Posted 2007) [#4]
Just one word: FABULOUS !!!

North(Posted 2007) [#5]
I don't want to rain down on your parade but i was so excited to see it in action that i downloaded it on my crappola of a work PC and it doesn't run here.
Nevertheless this PC is stoneage running Win2K and it has problems with many things. I'm sure at home i will be pleasantly surprised.

Great work Brucey!

LarsG(Posted 2007) [#6]
wow :)

very nice work Brucey.. (as always) :D

[edit] also, I've sent you a mail yesterday. Brucey [/edit]

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#7]
this PC is stoneage running Win2K and it has problems with many things.

Very interesting. I built the exe on Win2K, so I wonder what's up with yours? (usually I'm more worried about it working at all on later versions of Windows).
Did it report anything specific, or simply do nothing?

@Lars
Noted.. just haven't had time to reply yet ;-)

degac(Posted 2007) [#8]
Incredible!
I just note a possible bug: I see you can split the sheet in vertical and horizontal.
I can split - and I can see 'two' view of the sheet, but once I move the mouse over the cells - the application closes.

TomToad(Posted 2007) [#9]
Doesn't run here. Window opens for a split second, then closes.
AMD Athalon XP 2800
NVidia Geforce FX5200
Win XP Pro SP2

Thought I'd try recompiling the source, but it requires modules I don't have.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#10]
Too cool!

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#11]
once I move the mouse over the cells - the application closes.

Yeah, still to hook that stuff in - I would guess there's a nullpointer somewhere.

North(Posted 2007) [#12]
Here at the real machine all works beautifully, great work done :)

Don't worry about the other PC - its just another nail in its coffin ^^

**edit**

Doesn't run here. Window opens for a split second, then closes.

Well thats exactly the behaviour of my PC at work.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#13]
For those of us who can't see this at all, what are we missing?

andy_mc(Posted 2007) [#14]
Excellent work. It's a spreadsheet type application that looks like there was something wrong with the designer, in the head that is. Works well on my PC though.

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#15]
For those of us who can't see this at all, what are we missing?

It's a grid/sheet style control for > THIS < , which itself is a cross-platform GUI module for BlitzMax, using wxWidgets as its engine.

The app is a sample testing different cell/sheet functionality, like cell-spanning, custom colour/rendering, event handling, etc.

Here's a screenie :-)