Soul Shooter Online V0.4 W.I.P.

Community Forums/Showcase/Soul Shooter Online V0.4 W.I.P.

System4 Studios(Posted 2007) [#1]
Just wanted to show off my project that I'm currently working on.. I have been working on this project for a while..

Here is when people were testing my last version Version 0.3

Now I'm currently working on Version 0.4.. as you can see the graphics engine has improved..

Landscape subject to change.. because I ordered 3D World Studio.. I'm going to try that..

Website..

www.soulshootergame.com

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#2]
looking nice! keep it up!

Chad(Posted 2007) [#3]
I like the style of the island. What style are you going after?

System4 Studios(Posted 2007) [#4]
a desert type island is nice..

but as of now.. I'm still in the works of creating something different...

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#5]

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#6]

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#7]
Very nice work, looking great system, keep it up and show us a demo soon:)!

(Above posts were accidently posted due to some forum bug)

clownhunter(Posted 2007) [#8]
@Xzider: ?

btw, didn't you have a showcase for this game on BC? I strangely remember it from there. o_O

System4 Studios(Posted 2007) [#9]
@Xzider: that's scary man.. o.0

@Clown Hunter- I did have it on BC.. I had life work to finish so the project was an on and off thing.. but I brought it back last year and I'm updating as we go along..

CodeOrc(Posted 2007) [#10]
Looks like you are dong a great job. It also appears you are using the FPSNet framework by Jeremy in the code arcs.

It's all nice, but I have tried to use that and every time on 4 different networks I had to open the appropriate ports in the routers due to their insecurity.

How did you get around that? Or are you plagued by the same thing?

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#11]
Wow...What the... I only posted once.

Sorry, must of bugged O.o Thats awesome. I edited to just dots instead of repeating parts of the original sentence...Sorry again. Moderators need to delete those posts lol.

System4 Studios(Posted 2007) [#12]
@CodeOrc- Yeah I used the FPSNet Framework that was based on the DirectPlay Engine.. To me I'm starting to dislike that technology because I noticed the more people in your host playing against you.. the slower/laggier the game will be.. I think with this version that I will be using the NetBlitz UDP Engine due to the fact the commands/functions are similar to the DirectPlay and it's UDP..

Here's a simple chatroom I have.. they can enter before joining or hosting a game.. (lobby)

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#13]
What's the story behind Soul Shooter?

System4 Studios(Posted 2007) [#14]
@Chroma- Err...

Long story short.. The idea was brought around 04 when I was learning Blitz3D.. The first website (www.freewebs.com/soulshooter)

then from that time.. I just started to make next versions with features.. It's nothing big right now..

Neuro(Posted 2007) [#15]
Lol...Murder Inc. I thought they died out?

LarsG(Posted 2007) [#16]
I like the Island screenshot.. :)

Xzider(Posted 2007) [#17]
I like the chatroom... Did you make the particles yourself in the first/2nd screenie? Pretty nice effects.

System4 Studios(Posted 2007) [#18]
@Xzider- Yes I did..

Any for those that's interested in playing the older Version 0.3 I have updated to Version 0.3.6

Message from my forums

Hi.. Today I'm going to release Version 0.3.4.. of course it's based on the core of Version 0.3 which was released back in April 2007.., but I have updated it today and got rid a few bugs as well as a few new stuff..

Version Details:

-Chatroom Client/Server added which was going to be featured in Version 0.4
-1 New Music Track... I know it's going to annoy the hell out of you .. but hey.. there is a switch on your speakers to turn off your sound. Much credit to Sonic Team.
-New Creator/Admin/Mod Chatroom Perks (Mainly sound perks.. Warning and Fun Sounds..)
-A few bugs tweaked Enjoy

You can grab the download from the download section

Keys:

Arrow Keys or W,S,A,D Keys for Movement..
F1- Chat
Left Click- Use Spell
Mouse- Lookaround

This game is based on Spells and not guns.

Regular/Gold/ Admin/Mod Member Spells
F2- Spark
F3-AuroraBlast
F6- Meteroa

Gold Member/ Admin/Mod/ Creator Spells (no regular members can use this)
F4- Shockwave
F5-Deadly Gas
F7- StarShower

Well enjoy until Version 0.4 hits..

Of course you need to register for an ingame Soul Shooter Online account in order to play.. You can do that by going to www.soulshootergame.com and then clicking on "Register"

EDIT..0.3.5 was released..

then later 0.3.6 as those are bug fixes as well..

www.sfolauncher.com/sso036.exe

CodeOrc(Posted 2007) [#19]
Hmm, I created an account 4 days ago, just got my confirmation email.

I try to login and it tells me my account does not exist.

Not a big deal, but annoying just a bit :)