Path of Magic released

Community Forums/Showcase/Path of Magic released

anawiki(Posted 2007) [#1]
Anawiki Games is proud to announce the immediate availability of Path of Magic, their sequel to their bestseller Runes of Avalon game. Path of Magic is puzzle-driven game with addictive game play, with over 51 challenging levels, 6 image puzzles, and 2 bonus games. Evelyne continues her quest through Avalon. She has to find her way home... to find a way on the Path of Magic. Match magical runes to strengthen your abilities to clear Avalon of evil and find your way home before its too late!

Game features:
* 51 New Levels
* 6 Magic Spells
* 6 new enchanting images to reveal
* Three game modes: Quest, Endless and Time Attack
* JigSaw Mini-Game
* Mystic Music and Sound Effects

Download Path of Magic for Windows.
Download Path of Magic for Mac.
Download Path of Magic for Linux.

Path of Magic is available for affiliates at Plimus or eSellerate with 50% commision.

cheers
Roman

LarsG(Posted 2007) [#2]
Congratulations.. :)

nice website btw :D

caff_(Posted 2007) [#3]
Looks nice, congratulations on releasing.

I would move a screenshot up higher on that page, so that the viewer is drawn in to have a look.

puki(Posted 2007) [#4]
This looks interesting - lots of cool colour stuff going on. Not my type of game though.

amonite(Posted 2007) [#5]
I tried it, nice game !

Maybe you already know this but the runes attached to the mouse are visible through the frame of the board on the left side whereas on the right side of the frame it's ok.

edit: i'm on windows xp

anawiki(Posted 2007) [#6]
Hi guys,
Thanks for comments. I will experiment with screenshots on my website. I do a lot of testing lately using Google Site Optimizer (it works miracles and gives results that you would not think of).

If you haven't play it already, try it now :)

cheers
Roman

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#7]
Congrats!, I'll try this out soon. The other one was super polished.

anawiki(Posted 2007) [#8]
Grey, I believe you'll like this one better as the levels are a little bit harder and there is just more spells that when activated make the big WOW on your face.

Though, we cut off whole story from this one, so we don't hear more moaning why the story is so long :D

take care,
Roman

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#9]
I had a play with this last night on my Intel iMac. The graphics in general are nice to look at. I tried the unlimited game mode and the mode with the levels to complete - level 1 seemed easy enough, level 2 seemed much harder and filled up the available space very quickly, then the demo timed out.

At first I found the basic play of the game to be frustrating and boring. You're given these small groups of up to 3 `cubes` with different colors. In the unlimited play mode there was nothing to tell you that you press the right mouse button to rotate the object so to me it seemed like you were stuck having to try to position this preset shape with preset colors into whatever available position you can find, which made it seem like I really had almost not input/interaction to decide how things would end up. It made it seem almomst predetermined as if it was more of a chore and that I didn't really have any say in how the game proceeds - ie that I couldn't really `play` it and therefore it seemed frustrating and boring.

BUT, when I played with the levels, and it gave the instructions to press the rmb to rotate the shape, then it became somewhat more playable, albeit at some times a little bit complicated. Because you are not only trying to position the right shape into the right place (ala Tetris) but also trying to make colors match at the same time, I found it a little bit too difficult and hard to find where to put things. It was more playable with shape rotation and the special effects were pretty decent when you triggered them - but I was not entirely clear on how you go about making that happen or why you'd want to make that happen. There was brief mention of spells but I wasn't really sure where that came into the general theme of the game, a little bit disjunct. I also found the colors and design of the moveable objects a bit bland as well. The game is obviously a puzzle challenge with a few extra bells and whistles but I didn't feel as though the whole thing quite gelled together entirely well, or that it really felt fun to play. It's not too far off from that, though. Overall my main impression was `this is nothing new`.

I sort of sound negative about it, but I hope this is helpful.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#10]
This game is fantastic I will buy it when I will get a credit card...

The models are awesome !!!

M2PLAY(Posted 2007) [#11]
Very nice game !! Good graphics, sound and gameplay.
Congratulations!!

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#12]
Hey, you're number 1 featured game on the mac osx apple page! ::::

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/games/

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#13]
thanks Marketing for you ;-) Hope to see some of mine there soon too...

anawiki(Posted 2007) [#14]
Yep, Apple made a good job this time. When I released Runes of Avalon we did not have that much luck.

Thanks Apple Stuff :)

best
Roman

AJirenius(Posted 2007) [#15]
congratulation! best of luck with this game. I really like it

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#16]
Add it here:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=69886

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#17]
Congratulations Roman! It looks stupendous bro.